Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boat for sale response, none

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat for sale response, none
    Posted: July-30-2017 at 9:35pm
I'm selling my 1967 SN, and I've had no offers at all. I'm kind of surprised since it's a running boat for $3000 or best offer, and it's summertime. I also had it on CL for a few days, and got 2 flakes. Perhaps there is no market for 50 year old ski boats. Or maybe my price is to high, or too low. I don't mind keeping it since I put so much time into it, got attached to it through blood and sweat.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2017 at 9:45pm
Haven't seen the boat, but it would seem that price would not be too high for a running boat. Put up some pics here. Where is the boat located?   Does it have a trailer? It does take the right buyer for a 50 year old boat.
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2017 at 9:58pm
It's listed in "Boats for Sale" in the left hand margin of this forum. Yes it has a trailer and is ready to go. Perhaps the right buyer will come along.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2017 at 10:56pm
You live just a few miles from me Ed. I don't think your price is the issue. I think California is the issue. With the exception of the wood boat folks (many at Tahoe) I don't think we
have the collectors, or people who appreciate the old boats out here. Be patient, the right person will come along. I've seen a few of the old glass boats around the delta.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2017 at 11:51pm
I was actually surprised to see it still for sale after the 1st day .
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 12:25am
X2. If you were in the midwest, $1500 would be missing from my cash stash

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 1:52am
Yes, I'm sure the area matters. Here it's $100K boats, 50K trucks and 5K boob jobs that get the attention.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 10:48am
Have you listed it anywhere else. Did you try craigslist. I only got hits off craigslist when I listed my boat.

I also found that positing as many pictures as you can helps.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 11:20am
Ed,
I saw the listing when it first came up. In my opinion, someone interested in a classic like your 67 will want it as close to original as possible. The very first thing I spotted was the addition of the deck vents on both the fore and aft decks. They certainly could be removed and the decks repaired but it's just some more work needed. The swim platform was also a big negative for me but it too could be removed and holes plugged. You mention you have documented the work done to the 67. Where is the documentation? Maybe I missed it but I feel it would help with a sale. More pictures as well.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 12:20pm
By documentation I meant the many posts and photos I have posted on this forum about this boat, but now that I look for them, I only see the photos in my file manager. Is there a way to find previous posts by me or refer others to them, I don't see it. Some forums have a feature that you can search for all posts by a member.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by cbr1000dude cbr1000dude wrote:

Some forums have a feature that you can search for all posts by a member.

You click the arrow next to a screen name. A drop down list will come up. In that list you will see "find members posts".

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 1:28pm
Thanks, I never noticed that before. So this is where it started
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35160&KW=&title=another-sn-followed-me-home
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 1:57pm
Here's a link to your thread to make it a little easier

link

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 2:48pm
Thanks, I'm only pretending I know how to use a computer.
CL has so many scams going, I hate it. Someone in Alabama wants to know if a 318 is legal on Lake Tahoe, someone else wants to help me sell it for a small fee, someone in SF wants to trade it for a blown up 96 Camaro with out of state plates. Geez!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2017 at 9:40pm
So I changed my price to $3000, and got a response from a guy in Sacramento, but still no phone number included, just a request for more photos through CL. What's up with that?
No phone number, no reply, I'm learning.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 12:05am
Originally posted by cbr1000dude cbr1000dude wrote:

5K boob jobs that get the attention.

now this would be a favorite of quinner's I am sure...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 12:22pm
Hey, I actually got a real phone number from a CL ad, miracle! No return call yet, still, that's progress.
$5K boob jobs. Yeah my wife is an RN, and informs me they are 5-10K now, and have their own finance plans, just like a car payment! But they only come out on weekends. Must have one of those job things to pay for them.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-03-2017 at 2:49pm
5-10K is what you pay the medical professionals for the boob job. After they get them they want to test drive them, then your divorce will cost you another 5-10K if your lucky. Total cost of that boob job is another house, child support, half your retirement account, dating a new girlfriend, and .....

Jay SE IN. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jay SE IN. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2017 at 3:29pm
CORRECT!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 1:35pm
So I thought I had the boat sold, but the deal went south. I'm happy though, I just can't part with it after all. We have had it out in the delta several times to check out and repair problems, and every time we get people asking about it and commenting what a special boat it is. Even young guys know what it is. Lots of SN fans in this area.
So I've replaced the troublesome rusty fuel tank with an aluminum tank, rebuilt the raw water pump (2 impellers) replaced all the hoses replaced the lower 4 fittings on the risers, adjusted the rudder and prop shaft packing boxes and replaced the tires and wheels on the trailer. All of which I should have already done but was too busy. Now we are going to keep it we like it so much.
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 1:42pm
Cool.
Consider cruising the Delta early October with the ACBS. 40+ boats. They have a very active chapter in NorCal and the ACBS welcomes vintage fiberglass boats.
http://acbs-tahoe.org
Scouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2017 at 6:27pm
Wow Ed,

No deal went south. We made a deal and at some point you decided to back out. Have to say I was very disappointed as was my son. I was completely up front with you regarding my intentions to finalize the transaction and had even scheduled time off work to come and get it. I understand you wanted to sell me a good running boat and you did a few more things to it to get it to where you advertised it as. However you could have just asked me to split the cost for the additional things you did. Well I'm a man of my word and a handshake in my book is a deal, if that's not the way you do business then that's your decision. I guess if you had decided that you couldn't part with it, you could have been honest with me and told me.

Matt aka Disappointed Buyer
70 Cuda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 10:47am
Matt,

Wish you were a little bit closer.... I've had mine on Craigslist for over a month with only one person to come and look at it!

70 Barracuda For Sale

And yes, I do business the "Old Fashion" way as well!!

Jerry
Jerry
1970 Barracuda
Scouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 12:36pm
Very nice boat! Wish you were closer. Hoping to find one of these older boats and restoring it back to its original glory. That's what frustrated me with this deal, Owner was complaining about not getting any interest, then a buyer comes in who is truly sincere and wants to give the boat the respect it deserves and he walks away. Just don't get it.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 1:16pm
Not really suprising when the price changed twice as much
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 1:37pm
Scouty,

How old of boat are you seeking. I have an 82. It's stripped down, but I have put in the new stringers the project was done well with Doug Fir, Epoxy resin, Etc.. Needs the floor and then get to work putting the rest back together. I have all pieces. I just don't know if or when will finish this project. Been looking for someone, probably a father and son who wants to do a project and finish the boat.

I get contacted by idiots who want to buy the boat and part it out (how stupid do they think I am, I could part the boat myself, if I wanted).

It's a full blown project. There are lots of hours remaining. However, the most difficult, and most messy labor has been completed.

PM me if you have any interest..

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Scouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 2:54pm
Thanks BKH, looking for something a little older and a little more complete, but appreciate you putting it out there. You certainly have done the hard part. I've got my eye on an 1980 SN but I have some concerns with it. Somebody is selling it for a widow so getting the history on it is a bit of a challenge. What I know is the boat has a chevy 350 that the PO rebuilt 5 years ago prior to his passing. I was told it has 15 total hours on the rebuild. Boat hasn't been in the water in 5 years. Boat was stored outside with a cover in Santa Rosa California. The owner is asking $6250 but has agreed to lower the price to $5750. My concern is the stringers since the boat has been stored it's entire life outside. Also I had my heart set on an older SN. Pics of the boat below.

Additionally I'm not here to really bash on Ed, its more about just being honest and upfront. If he really intended to sell the boat why did he post that there wasn't any interest? I get that once he took the boat out he received a lot of complements and it renewed his interest in it. My requests to see the boat run on the water forced him to make sure all the little things were corrected. Once those were done he decided he couldn't part with it. I would have been ok with that if we hadn't already made the final deal. I just hope that his renewed interest in the boat doesn't go away or he decides that one of his other 3 boats is cooler and the boat just sits. I'm leaving the door open if he wants to make good on the deal. Would even up the offer to cover some of the additional work. But that's on him.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 3:37pm
Well, since you came on here to "not bash" me, let me tell you my version of the events.
I put the boat on here for $1500 knowing it needed finishing and hoped a forum member would buy it at a give away price and give it the care it needed. I did get no response at first except members too far away to be practical. Then I put it on CL for $3000 after I put more money in it and worked many hours on a bad hip I was supposed to be resting. We took it on the water 3 times for testing and found it needed a new fuel tank $200), riser fittings, hoses, rudder and prop adjustments among other things. Then a tire split and I replaced the wheels and tires ($361). Before all this happened, I thought we had an as is deal for $2000, we shook on it. Then you wanted a water test, and I offered it to you for $2000 as is (again), then you wanted more time to think about it, then finally you wanted to take it to your mechanic before you paid for it.
That's when I pulled the plug. Not to bash you, but you know nothing about these boats or even how to drive one, and even less on what a hand shake deal means. You make a deal, pay for it, and take it away. When you keep asking for more things, the original deal is no longer the deal. You gave me the impression you were coming 100 miles with $3000 in cash to buy the boat. Even after I offered it for $2000, you left without paying for it and said you would have to talk to your wife about it. and would come back next week. I took it off CL and spent 20-30 hours working on it plus $800 or so.
So now this is all my fault, how? I'm glad you didn't buy it as is, it would be burned up at the bottom of the lake now.
Now it's worth $4000 to $5000 and runs perfectly with no leaks of any kind.
You have only yourself to blame for missing out on this boat. I thought you were a decent guy and I was doing you a favor for such a cheap price. I guess that old saying "No good deed goes unpunished" applies here.

Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

Scouty,

How old of boat are you seeking. I have an 82. It's stripped down, but I have put in the new stringers the project was done well with Doug Fir, Epoxy resin, Etc.. Needs the floor and then get to work putting the rest back together. I have all pieces. I just don't know if or when will finish this project. Been looking for someone, probably a father and son who wants to do a project and finish the boat.

I get contacted by idiots who want to buy the boat and part it out (how stupid do they think I am, I could part the boat myself, if I wanted).

It's a full blown project. There are lots of hours remaining. However, the most difficult, and most messy labor has been completed.

PM me if you have any interest..

BKH

If my boy was a little older I'd be all over this. I've always wanted a 2001 and would like to work on fixing one up but really don't want to do stringer work. This sounds like the perfect boat for me in about 5 years.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2017 at 5:46pm
Ha Ha. It may still be there in 5 years Blarney :). I found, the older the kid gets, the less time to do projects.

Enjoy

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic