Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Third Party Photo Hosting / Uploading Pictures

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Third Party Photo Hosting / Uploading Pictures
    Posted: July-10-2017 at 1:20pm
So now that photo bucket is charging a monthly subscription for posting images to a blog from their website my thread and others on the site are now pretty much use less without pictures.   I am curious to see what other sites members are using to host their images or is there a way to resize my images on my computer so they can be directly imported to the correct craft fan website?
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 1:46pm
Yeah, I've been thinking that too since Alan's post on the hurricane. I've got (had    100's of pictures posted here since I've been a member. It really sucks.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 2:54pm
I stopped using photobucket years ago. Way way too slow, if not regularly locking up. Kind of the AOL of photoposting sites in my mind. They've got a lot of nerve charging for such a crappy service.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 3:35pm
Larry,
It got even slower in recent years when they started loading the site up with ads. They even added pop up ads when your trying to go through your library!

Tim,
I too am in the same situation with tons of pictures at photobucket. Also I'd say 75% of them were on my old computer when my hard drive crashed.

What is the charge? I haven't even bothered looking since the bad news!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 3:41pm
$400/yr to re-establish 3rd party linking... highway robbery. The internet is up in arms, it feels like ransom/extortion. So much of the content from this website (and many, many others) is linked from Photobucket. A real shame.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

$400/yr to re-establish 3rd party linking....

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 5:07pm
I was willing to put up with the adds since after all it was free but yeah the $400/yr is just completely out of line for a hosting service.    

I MAY go back and try to rebuild some of my threads photo links but that will be a monumental task,
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 6:05pm
Well that is crappy. I as well have a bunch of pic's there as well
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 6:51pm
I use this website to resize and inline post in forums.....

http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=1

Drag and drop functionality......

it links to this free hosting site ........ http://imgur.com/
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2017 at 7:14pm
I started using Imgur yesterday. Also got an email from photobucket finally advising me of the change. I would like to think that most of us have our photos on our pc's or external hard drives anyway,but my first reaction was I'm going to pull my pictures off and close the account. Talking it over with our son who's way more into computers than I am,he says to leave them on there and let them store them,no sense clearing their servers   
I have alot of trouble using the site's tree with arrow,I think it's the pop up blocker that our son put on here,it works well enough that I never had the trouble that some of you have had on photobucket
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 3:41pm
Yeah, a real shame. I agree with what your son said...leave the pics on there.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2017 at 9:00pm
Don't we here at the CCF have an Auto-Resizer ?   I haven't had to scroll a pic for quite a while now.
Faceb**k has the fastest re-sizer I've ever seen, BUT you don't get to select the size.

Keep it....from sinkin'
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2017 at 1:51pm
I started having trouble posting photos from my computer using the tree with arrow icon, and stumbled upon a solution, at least for my computer. I open CCF from Google Chrome instead of my icon saved on my desktop. Not being a computer expert, I have no idea why.
Much faster too.
Chucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2019 at 10:58pm
Is there a way to upload photo’s directly from my ipad?

levinmark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote levinmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2019 at 10:41am
Could it be possible someday to convert everything over to an APP such as the “other great site” all about picking colors for my new “G”? Or have a Facebook page for Correctcraftfan.? It’s so easy to post things and pictures from the phone, we don’t even use our computer anymore, I can’t even remember the last time I was on ours.
levin
Chucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2019 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by levinmark levinmark wrote:

Could it be possible someday to convert everything over to an APP such as the “other great site” all about picking colors for my new “G”? Or have a Facebook page for Correctcraftfan.? It’s so easy to post things and pictures from the phone, we don’t even use our computer anymore, I can’t even remember the last time I was on ours.

If my iPad is not going to work here, that’s really too bad. It’s 2019 folks. I can’t imagine paying for software that is completely outdated. I haven’t given up on a project thread here, as this site is the place I’d prefer it to be. Maybe this site and the “other great site” should combine resources? I don’t even know what the other site is???
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 7:26am
Originally posted by Chucky Chucky wrote:

Originally posted by levinmark levinmark wrote:

If my iPad is not going to work here, that’s really too bad. It’s 2019 folks. I can’t imagine paying for software that is completely outdated. I haven’t given up on a project thread here, as this site is the place I’d prefer it to be. Maybe this site and the “other great site” should combine resources? I don’t even know what the other site is???

Maybe if you did a search on this site you'd come up with something like what's in the link below.

it's way to techno geeky for me but you'll find people that actually seem to know how to do it   

link
Chucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 10:10pm
Chucky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 10:13pm

So easy, my dogs can do it.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2019 at 10:49pm
Tell the dogs "good job"

You must have done the one that didn't quite work in the other thread
pondman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pondman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2019 at 9:00pm
Wow, that is dirty.
I shrink pics down in "Paint" after using "Photos" for cropping and other quick fixes on my Windows 10. Not that hard once you get used to it.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic