NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

windshield wing bracket assembly

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: windshield wing bracket assembly
    Posted: June-26-2017 at 7:13pm
Hey all,

Hope you are all in full swing this summer !!

Our Mustang was delivered to Washington by our former neighbor last week!!
Going to go on our first cruise this afternoon.   
When I uncovered the boat, I noticed that the starboard wing had fallen off (AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!)      luckily,   I found the wing, both little metal clips, and the bushing in the boat.   I cannot understand how it came off, but it must have been during the umpteen watercraft inspections my buddy had to go through.   
Despite it seeming to be an easy reassembly, i am struggling to get it to a tightness that I am comfortable with.    I am going to leave it off today, but she looks a tad naked, and I want it back on.    Any advice or tips to make this so it won't pop off on me at a worse time?

thanks in advance!!
Mike N

1968 Mustang

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 12:32pm
There should be a longer set screw in the top piece of the bracket. It has a shoulder on it. It puts pressure on the small bracket that attaches to the plexi-- that gives you your tension... Then there should be another set screw on top of that one to lock it into place..I can try and find some pics on my back up hard drive but all my recent pics are still in hiding with the recent PC Hack
E-mail me and I'll try to get you some pics...
mtmabe@northstate.net
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 1:17pm
Hey Marty,

Yes that is how mine is. The little bushing that goes on the screw cracked in half during the event.    I get how it all goes together, but I just cannot seem to get it tight enough to not worry about it.   I will get a replacement bushing and report back.

thanks

Mike
Mike N

1968 Mustang

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2017 at 3:18pm
Oh- OK- The plastic/teflon washer-- could use a rubber "o" ring in a pinch-- that'd really make it tight. Should be able to get those plastic washers at a hardware store...
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2017 at 5:00pm
I finally got a nylon bushing and replaced it.   Once I had the correct sized one in place, everything went together tight and I am confident it is fine now.

Thanks Marty !
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic