NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Badin Lake 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 11:36am
Larry Boy.........The Knuckleheads that are crazy enough to Barefoot in Cold water on New Years Day doesn't count.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 3:15pm
Joe's Wildcat looks hugh in that rafting picture!
And that Steve K guy actually does own a working boat
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 7:09pm
Gary, I can attest to 2 working boats for Steve K. Yup driven or riden in both.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 7:40pm
Thanks for sticking up for me Toddie.... such talk from a member of both Team Red and Team Blue (like me).............
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 8:40pm
Well I don't get east as much as I should
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2017 at 9:32pm
I belong to team red, blue, yellow, grey, and maroon , and go east and south. And enjoy them all!!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 8:28am
Finally got the pictures uploaded.....Enjoy Fans!

A man, his dog and a 71 Skier!

A Beautiful Lady, Her Dog, and Her 71 Skier.....She definitely does it better!!

Two Clowns and a Wildcat.

Sarah on a Twilight Ski at Pinkham Point

TrBenj taking the 70 Barracuda out for spin

Barefootin Boys!!!!

Joe driving Kermit back cause I was taking pictures of the Barefoot Run.

Jbear was indeed there!

Sarahs first time on tricks Backwards and behind a Wildcat Nice Job Sarah

Huge flat table to trick behind

Steve pulling Val

Air Val!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 9:15am
Nice pics Tim
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 9:47am
Great pics. Joe's Wildcat's looking nice!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 10:50am
I will say this.......Funny things come out at these CCFan Mini's and the old saying that "A picture is worth a thousand words" is pretty evident by this "Footo" so I will just leave this here!

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2017 at 11:22am
Jealous.   

Greg and I ski together almost every weekend, but I turn around and this is how he treats me.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 12:10am
oh boy....can't even comment on that photo......

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 7:05am
How Romantic.........
Js
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 10:28am
The below is a text I received from Bill who lives on the lake and had the '77. Kind of sums up what it is all about

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-13-2017 at 10:34am
Joel heating up a burger

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2017 at 4:55pm
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2017 at 6:58pm
     Finally getting around to this: Great pictures of a fabulous weekend Tim!! Many many thanks to Greg and Sue who are without a doubt the most welcoming and hospitable people you will ever meet!! They opened up their beautiful home to the CCF gang, their friends, their dogs, and in my case my son and grandson. I cannot say enough about how great it was to see old friends and get to finally meet others who we only knew of through this forum. Hard as it may be for some to believe I truly enjoyed meeting and spending a great deal of time with Chris Quinn....don't believe ALL the bad things you hear about this guy!!
       One final thank you to Greg and Sue for making my personal stay so comfortable...I couldn't have asked for finer accommodations!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2017 at 11:45pm
Who owns the 85 BFN? Great looking boat! Original or restored?
If restored where did you get the lettering?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 12:16am
The ‘85 resides at our dock. Original boat, well used with all the scars. Picked it up in September from Scott Benjamin.
You need to come this way and get behind it
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 12:48am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Please advise as to when kytom will be coming to get behind the '85.....Skicat & I will want to be there....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 9:14am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Please advise as to when kytom will be coming to get behind the '85.....Skicat & I will want to be there....

john

New year's day
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 9:34am
How about a few more photos of it?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

How about a few more photos of it?

Some boats are better experienced from the end of a 90 ft rope than with detailed photographic documentation...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 10:09am
Ha, well then, how about a report on how that 413 runs in your Wildcat?
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 10:43am
At the moment that story is to be continued.   We started to break it in over the winter but the boat was leaking badly from an exhaust hose. It was later found to have water in the oil.   We attempted to address that problem when we got to NC by replacing a couple exhaust manifold gaskets and it looked pretty promising that had solved the problem. However the timing and the ignition conversion seemed to be a bit wonky and we were lacking the parts/tools to get it dialed in so tim and Zach picked a compromise spot with the distributor I was half planning to leave it on the trailer at gregs but figured it was a good boat to hold my gear and cooler and there were plenty of tow boats to bring it back. Generally it ran pretty good all weekend - Gary had pulled up the floor and replaced the rotten hose with some copper pipe and the boat sounds magical and is big and comfy. It handles waves better than I expected and the flip up windshield is good protection in a rain storm or colder ride and allows all kinds of air in when the sun comes out. Its even a fairly respectable trick ski boat.

However, it doesn't appear to be charging - has a early style cooling system that was burning off paint all weekend, and died on Sara while waiting for the trailer to be brought to the ramp at the end of the last day out and wouldn't restart.

I didn't see any water in the oil on Sunday morning so I figured we were in the clear there and hoped that a quick switch to a points distributor and finding out the true location of top dead center would have it ready for fall cruising and let us know how she could really run out.

But that didn't happen... while I was using a piston stop to find top dead center (it was 30plus degrees off of the old mark) I found a bunch of water in cylinder 8, and evidence that there had been some small amount running through 3.   The water in 8 I might well have sucked in rotating the engine back and forth.   I am still optimistic that its related to exhaust manifolds as the compression test is more than excellent on all the cylinders at this point. Water in the cylinders should either be a result of something that effects compression or be due to leaky manifolds.

I have it sitting there drained and lubed - I will have to pressure test, clean up, paint up, and swap in the entire later model cooling system that was original to the 426 that came in the boat. Will do the same with the ignition and charging systems and give her another go - racing against winter though and jegs sent my Chrysler green paint order to someone else and now has to get more from the factory...

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 11:07am
Good that you got a decent parts engine. Keep it high on the priority list. It's a beautiful boat.
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 12:18pm
Steve....... thanks for the invite, maybe next year.

Jbear......been too long and I'm afraid I don't heal as quickly as I once did.

Anybody got a source for the lettering on the mid 80's BFN's? Going to need it one of these day
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2017 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by scootdogydog scootdogydog wrote:

Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john

New year's day

yikes...I may have to rethink my New Years Day if kytom is coming. Now if he foots...well I gotta be in.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2017 at 12:16am
John, I a sure you, it is safe for you to make plans to be home for New Years.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2017 at 10:50pm
A quick lost and found update:

Help a brother out - Sue is getting tired of asking me if I have checked................

Towel found in my 206

Black with green striped shorts

Olive Nautique ball cap
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic