NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damage boat project

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
Author
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2017 at 3:46pm
Mike, good job. You do fast work. Looking great. Won't be long before she gets wet!
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2017 at 8:58pm
That Kaw is a blast from the past for me, rode on one like that 46 years ago. I think they were the fastest bike at the time. Hope the middle cyl is still good, they would burn out.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2017 at 9:34pm
that bike is just the right bike , yr& color and the 750 was the king and comes with the always fun death wobble.   I would actually love another one.
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Mike9812121298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2017 at 9:54pm
I got it from a 94 yr old down in tuner or. It's been sitting since 78' all org, but he parked it back then because the engine froze up. Fastest production street bike in 72. It's a two stroke so it puts out a lot of smoke going down the road. Got it for 1,900

I'm going to close to getting it done today. At least enough to put in the water on the trailer
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 12:49am
WOW...a friend of mine from work had a 750 when they 1st came out. We were all riding Honda 350's. Were afraid to ride the Kaw.....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 8:02pm
Got the boat in the water this morning. Let it run for 5 -10 min while on the trailer. Engine sounded good, went into gear and everything seemed good. I forgot to throw in a life vest so I didn't take it for a spin

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 8:16pm
Great looking boat!

You got this done in record time.

Let us know how it runs when you test it.

Ben Franklin
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 8:41pm
Great job on the boat!

Originally posted by Mike9812121298 Mike9812121298 wrote:

It's a two stroke so it puts out a lot of smoke going down the road.

There were a few years in the mid 70's that California had a "Smog Patrol". They could pull you over and ticket you for excessive emissions. I was riding my friends Kawasaki Mach III (very scary machine) and a smog officer tried to pull me over.   Left him like he was standing still in a cloud of 2-stroke smoke.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 9:01pm
Thanks. I want to get it in the water again but looks like rain in Seattle till Friday.

Video on the engine - https://youtu.be/zhcOt7L8NqY

Video of the gauges - https://youtu.be/WUBvkNmh_x4
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 12:24am
Holly Smokes, you do not mess around.

That is a great looking boat once again.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 12:38am
Two big thumbs up!!
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 1:14am
Mike,

You've done it. Let's hear the report on how it drives! Great job and awesome first thread on CCF.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 2:26pm
Congratulations Mike!   super fast repair, and ready for the summer.   Looks like the Lake is Full already.   They probably didn't have much fill to let in this year with all the rain we've had.    Is that the Bonney lake Launch?    
Timr71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timr71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 4:04pm
That's a great looking boat! Congrats!
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 11:48pm
D@mn dude! That seemed fast. Good job. Keep us informed.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2017 at 3:29am
I started on my coffe and donut, but you finished before my second cup. Fantastic, a great thread. I'd love to see your H3 project on off topic.
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2017 at 4:29am
That's the boat ramp on inlet island, i live about 30 seconds from it. So it makes it very easy for testing. Weather looks good for Friday, sunny and 65. Will be the hottest day of the year so far.
Thanks for all the help from the site, it would have been glued together and at the bottom of the lake without you guys.

The h2 will most likely be put on hold until i finish my truck, That's what i was working on before i came across the boat project. Im going to keep my eye open for anymore boats with the same issue. Was a fairly easy fix, helps that everything is so easy to get to.

If anyone is interested heres the link to the tread
https://www.f150forum.com/f78/2007-f150-raptor-conversion-build-334123/

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 8:25am
Late night project. I really like the way it turned out.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 8:55am
Did I miss it or were no pictures posted of the final repairs (in/out)?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 9:13am
I also am wondering about how the patch was finished. Did you leave the bondo on or switch to epoxy filler?

Did you gel coat, paint,or leave it bare?

Any finish coat for the bilge?

Ben Franklin
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 12:18pm
Yeah--Mike--we all feel like we skipped an episode here. We went from alignment to water test with no view of the last and final finishing steps.

That being said, I cannot tell you how happy I am for you. I get out to Seattle on business a few times per year and I'd love to see it in the flesh and hear it run. I've got a buddy north of you who talks about getting into a boat but who doesn't have the $$ to do it who also is nowhere near as fearless as you are when it comes to projects.

Please send us some final pics so we can all satisfy our curiosity and close the book on this insanely happy adventure.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2017 at 3:15pm
I haven't finished the bottom yet, it still has the bondo on it. I pulled the boat out into the garage and figured i could work on it when its nice out. i just wanted the garage space back.

Well i would tell your buddy if he wants to find a project, find one that u can buy and if you find out its going to be more work than what its worth, you can sell it for what you paid or more to get your money back. If hes looking for a project i had someone send me a 89 bayliner that needs floor, he said engine ran last time he parked it. Its free with trailer. I have ads on craigslist looking for project boats, so i'll get a couple a week sent to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 1:47am
https://youtu.be/R9Mb92ziaIo

Took it out today. Boat ran great!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 1:54am
Originally posted by Mike9812121298 Mike9812121298 wrote:

https://youtu.be/R9Mb92ziaIo

Took it out today. Boat ran great!

SWEET!!!!

desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2017 at 2:08am
Soooo, is she a flipper or a keeper?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike9812121298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2017 at 4:32am
If anyone is in the market im selling the fuel injection kit that came with the boat. heres a couple pics. give me a fair offer and its yours

MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2017 at 3:13pm
I followed this thread for a while, amazed at the pace of the work. Like many, I suspected a bit of "corner cutting"...
On April 11, he showed bondo under the hull, later that same day, he indicated he took it out and was replacing with epoxy.
On April 20, He stated that the bondo was still present, and was water-testing.
So, While I remain impressed with the enthusiasm for the work, I suspect that much of the detailed advice and suggestions of the more experienced may not have been followed, resulting in a slap-dash repair. I, for one, would not want to own this boat.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

So, While I remain impressed with the enthusiasm for the work, I suspect that much of the detailed advice and suggestions of the more experienced may not have been followed, resulting in a slap-dash repair. I, for one, would not want to own this boat.

Pete I think we located your lost twin brother

Mike I sent you a PM if no one takes the whole system I may be interested in the pumps.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

Pete I think we located your lost twin brother

Long lost twins and they both have X-55's if I remember right
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2017 at 7:48pm
Brian is right though....
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic