NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Three Lakes, WI Reunion 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 4:58pm
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 7:06pm
I would be out the weekend of the 12
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:18pm
Same as Brian, him and i have hotel reservations for the weekend of 19th. My two cents, our wieners are too far in now to change the date
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:22pm
Looks like we'll keep it on the 19th. The issue is the driver of the ski clubs 200 for the slalom runs. He told me today he had forgotten that his sister was getting married the 19th! No real big problem, I'll find another driver. I just thought I'd throw the idea out there..

Brian and Joel,
Where are you staying?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:35pm
I thought Hotel Brainard right?
Oneida two nights. I havent told brian about the amazing breakfast dinner across the street yet...
Apparently theres a big muskie tournament that weekend so hotels were kind of booked
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2017 at 8:42pm
Joel,
The Oneida Village has a great Friday night fish fry. If you so decide to dine there, ask for Diane as your server. Then, I want a full report on her. She's my wife!!

BTW, I will be adding some details for the area as we get closer.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 12:29am
Is anyone camping or is this an all hotel event?
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 6:37am
Dave,
So far there hasn't been anyone camping but there are some campgrounds around. The Harbor Also there is a state/dnr in town.

Joel is correct regarding the musky tournament. I confirmed it last night and hotels are filling up.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 8:41pm
How far is this from Minocqua? Our summer place is in Minocqua..and will be trailering our SN over this awesome event!! Can't wait to meet up with more SN owners!

Dan
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 9:04pm
Pete: Have you ever used the Burnt Rollways Boat Hoist

It appears that opens up the Eagle River Chain of Lakes, which would expand the number of resorts hotels. Of course, I have no idea how long it would take to get there from Three Lakes or Eagle River, but the concept is cool.

I wonder if they have special hook ups for inboards (Use only the lifting rings) as opposed to the trailer sort of cradle they show in the pictures.

Anyway seems like a cool thing to go do!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 9:58pm
Steve,
I discussed the dam and lift on page 3. Yes I have been over it but not in recent years.. The gantry cradle has V bunks that automatically adjust to the hull bottom. Inboards are handled the same as I/O's and outboards. From my house to ER downtown, it's about a 3 hour trip and that's because the ER side is LOADED with SLW's.

What are you up to the weekend of the 19th? Love to have you up here are see you.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 10:20pm
When i was a kid, the lady "very old" that worked the hoist and lived across the street state provided home at the time, said it was the only lift of its kind joining two bodies of water in the world. Its pretty cool the first 3 times, 4 if your going back where you came from. Slow no wake channel 25 minutes one way and probably
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 10:21pm
Another 45 on petes side. Sound right pete?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 10:33pm
Joel,
I'd say both sides of the dam are about equal with the SNW's. The SNW's I mentioned on the ER side are between all their lakes some of which are channels. From my house to the channel to the dam I have one SNW under the hwy. X bridge. You can google map me at 1318 hwy. 32.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2017 at 11:20pm
That is really cool (the lift). I'm going to bring our 200 up north for two weeks (last week of July through first week in Aug) and I will be prowling the chain like crazy, checking it all out. And yes that means I will have 2 Nautiques up north at the same time, as ridiculous as that sounds!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 10:48am
Whose boat is this? Anybody know? Incredibly cool 200 on ER chain
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 12:01pm
That is a very cool 200 Joel. I probably spend close to eight weeks of the summer on the ER chain every year, and I've never seen that boat. I can only think of one other 200 I've seen period, and they were from the southern part of Wisconsin.
footinforever11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footinforever11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 12:43pm
We sold that boat this spring. I don't discuss customer acquisitions on public forums, but let's just it lives near Eagle Lake.

It is a sweet ride, and definitely a unique color scheme. Especially if you went to Michigan as my Wife will tell you. You will find out if someone went to college at U of M typically in the first 1 hour of meeting them, because they will just come out and tell you hahaha.

I hope to be able to see some of the shenanigans of the reunion, but as Pete stated, I was free the 12th, and I will be busy with my Sisters Wedding on the 19th weekend.

Think Sun :)
tjs1295 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjs1295 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2017 at 12:53pm
Cool!! I'll have to pay more attention when I'm out.
Old skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2017 at 11:25pm
Okay, it is looking like the Correct Craft reunion is going to be on the 19th of August. I do not know the lakes, so I am looking for a little help with scheduling.   Where are we to me launch the boats on Saturday morning? Is there room at the launch are to leave the truck and trailer? From the launch area, are there different areas and times where we are to meet during the day? Like I said, I am not familiar with the lakes, so could someone provide a 'map' showing where we need to be and when. I would be coming over from Florence, so any information on where the gathering places will be, will be helpful.    I am also confused it we are going to be on the Eagle River Chain or Three Lakes. Again, if anyone has definite information that would be helpful in planning.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2017 at 8:37pm
I know for some it may be early but how about starting a head count so I get a rough idea of the attendance.

William,
I will be working on some kind of map but for now if you use google mapping, I can give you some input regarding launching. Yes, we will be on the Three Lakes chain.

Google "Anchor Marine" or "Sunset Grill". Both are on the south end of Big Stone lake. They have a nice ramp and very ample parking for both vehicles and trailers across the street at the base of the airport runway.

More info to come.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 4:16pm
Swany and i will be arriving on Friday and leaving Sunday staying at Onieda and will have his Ski Nautique
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
redritereturn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redritereturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2017 at 9:24pm
I'd be in on attending, my '91 Nautique is sitting on the lift on Laurel Lake!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 10:52am
Originally posted by redritereturn redritereturn wrote:

I'd be in on attending, my '91 Nautique is sitting on the lift on Laurel Lake!

Jeff,
It's amazing what neighbors we find!! I think I've seen your 91 over in the bay by Fritz?? Are you?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redritereturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2017 at 8:20pm
Pete,
I'm actually 4 doors down from Egon, so the next bay closer towards Medicine Lk.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2017 at 1:56am
Just booked a camp site at the Harbor. Austin and I will be in noonish Friday if all goes well. . New tires on the trailer today. New plugs and points coming. Woo Hoo.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2017 at 8:40pm
Dave,
It's great you will be coming over!

So far, here's the rough itinerary:
7;30 - 8:00 am. Meet at the Sunset Grill for breakfast on Big Stone lake. (Anchor Marine's boat launch if needed).
9:00 - 9:30, Boat over to the ski club grounds for the slalom runs. Big Stone lake.
11:30 - 12:00 Boat over to Pine Isle for lunch. on Medicine Lake
1:00 - 1:30 Boat up to the Burnt Rollways dam, dock and view the lift and dam.
3:00 - 3:30 Boat back stopping at the sand bar between Island and Round lakes.
5:00 - 6:00 Boat (or drive) to the Brady boathouse for the rest of the day. BYO for the grill and I'll be starting a poll for anyone wanting to bring something. The boathouse is the big white one on the north side of Laurel Lake. By car it's 7304 Campground Rd.

I can be reached at 715 546 8122 The address is 1318 Hwy. 32

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2017 at 9:21pm
Nice work pete. I was on the chain today (lower part). Forgot how many CC's there are out there. Guessing most arent on the site or active. There would be potential for a bigger turn out. Saw what i think was a 65' maurader with round windshield. No picture,ugh, but definitely rare

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redritereturn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2017 at 10:06pm
Yes thanks Pete!
There are lot's of CC's on the Three Lakes side of the chain, a good number are older as well, been going up there for 30+ years.
I've only come on here a few times for troubleshooting advice myself, but I 'lurk' fairly often during the summer.
That sounds like a great day on the 19th!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2017 at 1:49am
We adjusted the dwell and timing and the boat is running great on a hose.. It will get a test run this weekend and then just needs a good clean up and we are ready to go. .

Who will be around Friday and are there any plans for Friday afternoon/evening?

Anyone else camping at the Harbor?

1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 23456>
  Share Topic