Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wood Correct Crafts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakefan2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakefan2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wood Correct Crafts
    Posted: January-13-2017 at 9:03pm

hello all, does anyone know the model of the tri cockpit in the photo? I have been looking for a project boat like the twin engine one or the dual front cockpit

thanks
Chip Hill
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2017 at 9:35pm
Chip,
"Soul Mate" is our very own Allan Arrigi's boat. There's an extensive thread on the complete restoration. It's a 1955 Hurricane..

"Biganfast" is unknown to me plus it is not registered with the ACBS. I also suspect it's not a Correct Craft or a highly modified Correct Craft. The only twin engines back then were large cruisers. I know of no twin runabouts or twin utilities. I may be wrong so stay tuned to see if anyone else has some idea.

I know you are looking for a project hull and the pictures you posted are examples but where have you been looking? Have you contacted your local ACBS chapter?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2017 at 2:44pm
"Biganfast" Supposedly is a one off Correct Craft build. I believe it is in Maine somewhere. There was a photo of that boat on Woodieboater a few years ago. I know very little about it but I'm told the planks are fastened from the inside so there are no screw hole plugs visible on the outsides. If anyone wants to know any more info about it track down Troy Hersom of the CCABC, it resides on his lake.
wakefan2010 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakefan2010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 2:23am
Hello, thanks for the comments...

Soul Mate is gorgeous.. excellent job on the restoration.

Well, I have just started looking really. I have been passively for a while but haven't had room till now. Generally speaking, I follow a couple boat pages, here on CC Fan, Lady Ben, I found your boat on the antique boat page, ebay and craigslist.

But I didn't know how much of a needle in a haystack I was looking for. my grandpa had a couple plankers, There is a picture of me as a newborn sitting at the helm in 68'. In a perfect world a 24 or 26 three row utility twin would ideal, I would like to be able to run some bigger water day trips.   I see Centurys around Chris Crafts around but have never seen a Correct Craft of similar configuration. I like the dual front cockpit set up as well.. gives it a little bit of that racer look.
Chip Hill
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-15-2017 at 11:43am
Outstanding examples of wood Correct Crafts like those 2 above were rare back in the day, let alone now. They do pop up on the site on every once in a while though, so follow the Diaries.

I know of an outstanding 1963 Century Coronado in Maine that as a dual Quad 426 Chrysler, (Golden Lion). The owner picked it up about 15 years ago and at that time looked like an 8 out of 10 to me. He put a bunk through the bottom on launching it the first time and it then went to someone that tore into it and never finished the work. It has declined greatly since then. Its sitting outside, covered up. I'm pretty sure the guy would like to sell it, but is having difficulty dealing with its loss of value. If that's something that would interest you, I could ask him if it's ok to give you his number. I would love to get the engine for a Correct Craft project, but he knows what he has and isn't about to split them up.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic