Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boat cover

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat cover
    Posted: January-08-2017 at 2:50pm
I have a 1978 ski tique with a boarding ladder on the back, no platform, I need a new cover for the boat, this snow storm over the weekend got the best of mine, any recommendations on what cover to get, thanks.
shadow
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 3:24pm
Call Angola Canvas and let them know what you have and they can get you a cover. We have several and they're a great fit, very durable and relatively quick delivery!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 6:12pm
1-800-970-6607

Angola Canvas Company

2301 North Wayne St.
Angola, Indiana
www.angolacanvascompany.com
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2017 at 10:20pm
Jerry,
I agree with the comments on Angola. I have one of theirs for my 77 and it truly is quality plus a fantastic fit. One thing however, any boat cover does not do well with a snow load. I've seen were owners have tried to support their covers better by running wood supports between the aft deck and windshield and had issues. Their cover was supported but their windshields didn't do well with busted glass and bent frames!! Go with the Angola but don't expect it to hold the snow.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
EArnold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EArnold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 11:55am
Not to steal the thread, but I have a follow up question about covers. Can anyone give me a quick (non-salesmany) breakdown of the different fabrics: sunbrella and aqualon? Cost difference from angola was about 15-20% more for sunbrella, is it justified? The quick facts sheet on both sound about the same.

Thanks!
88' SN 2001 New to me in 2016
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2017 at 1:36pm
Mines got a cheap generic fit cover supported by 1 1/2" PVC pipe, with 4 sets of angled leg inside the passenger compartment. Think T fittings off of the horizontal run about 6" higher than the windsheild, a length of pipe off of each T down to a 45 degree fitting at the gunnels and a short vertical leg down to the floor. Have 90 degree fittings on each end to support the very end of the run, that come down to the dash (sitting on a piece of foam on the dash and rear deck.   Over the cheap cover I put a giant green plastic tarp (think harbor freight type) that reaches all the way to the trailer rails on the side, and covers the bow to the back edge of the swim platform, and I tie that under the trailer to the opposite side to keep it tight. Works well at keeping the inside protected, and most of the snow slides right off the angled portions. Up here in Worcester we get 70" to 100" of snow over the winter (not all on the ground at one time of course), and I've never (4 years) had an issue with snow collapsing my cover.   I keep my good cover packed away for the spring and summer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic