NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Skylark Project For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skylark Project For Sale
    Posted: November-20-2016 at 10:34pm
My brother has decided to sell his skylark project. He was getting ready to repower it but his priorities have now turned to getting ready to move and he doesn't want to take it with him. The engine in it has in recent years given him trouble. Water in it, leaks. He took it to a mechanic who said it was shot, but knowing the mechanic, I would not necessarily trust that, entirely. He picked up a replacement engine form Bruce Hart last spring, but didn't get far with the transplant. First step was to remove the Oscos from the new engine because they were too wide for the engine cover. The orange manifolds are fine. We were just going to swap them out. So here are a bunch of pics.

Probably safe to say the platform (by PO) will be coming off.

The paint on the bottom will likely come off quite easily as suggested by its wearing off under the bunks.

This is the engine from Bruce. Reportedly rebuilt but never used.

Here are the extra Oscos.

My brother had previously picked up a parts motor from Marty, primarily for the intake. I guess the intake on the orange engine had some problems. The parts motor with intake and a few other assorted extra parts comes with the package.

The fiberglass seat back is in good shape

The three interior seats were redone by the PO. The back seat cushions are in similar very good shape to the two front seats pictured here.

He is not interested in parting it out. The boat, original engine, replacement engine, parts engine are all a package.

The boat is in Seven Lakes, NC. He has not set a firm price. He is counting on you guys to come up with a fair and reasonable offer.
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2016 at 12:02am
The rebuilt engine in question is from my skylark. The Oscos fit fine under my engine cover. The engine is bored .O6O over, 10-20 hrs on it, oil pan is repaired as we couldn't source a replacement. Ran real well until stringers were done, sat for about 8yrs under cover. Should be good to go with a once over. Would love to see and hear it run again, nothing quite like the sound of these engines
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2016 at 9:35am
Larry, This is the project you've been waiting for. That hull looks to be in really nice shape and all the original parts are there. With a little time, that'll be a beautiful boat.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2016 at 11:08am
Steve, Thanks for the positive report on the engine. That certainly serves as motivation to forge ahead. We will try to do right by her. Bruce, we havent given up on it. My brother may take it to "a guy" who said he would put it back together for him, though I hate to see money spent to do that. Or, when he moves, maybe the boat will stay behind and I will take it on. I would kind of like to take on a project and this is about the right degree of difficulty for someone like me (along with a little help from the submarine guy). We'll keep you posted, but again, if any one is interested, let me know .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic