Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New '95 super sport

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
kylem428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylem428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New '95 super sport
    Posted: October-19-2016 at 2:36am
My wife and I are expecting in January so I thought this might be a good time for a few projects but mainly to get in to a little roomier boat than my '94 Sport so I Picked up a '95 SuperSport with 680 hrs from 2 hours away that needs a little love and TLC. All in all I got a decent price on it so I'm happy!

My winter projects are as follows:

remove all interior and clean. Power wash carpet (fall before winterization)
remove tower, speakers, and stereo
replace bilge pumps, blower, and fix shower
new exhaust riser manifold gasket
possibly new valve cover gasket
new impeller
replace engine temp and oil pressure gauges
replace backing on seat skins
replace front pad skin, rear seat skin

re wire interior lights and stereo

build/install copy of 2nd gen FCT
install hydrophase GPS cruise
install auto ballast

wetsand and buff exterior
restore teak platform

Figure out slight vibration at 3500+ rpms

pics to come!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 3:18am
Congrats, but my water broke looking at that project list. New Dimension in Maryville, TN makes a great looking Tower that looks just like the FCT 2 OEM tower.

Take care of that wife here in the home stretch.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2016 at 10:36am
Too often you see for sale threads my wife is pregnant so selling the boat...",
It's friggin great to instead see "I knocked up my old lady so I bought a new boat" LMAO

Congrats and let's see some pics.
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2016 at 12:54am
I saw the pic you posted over at PN. Was that Nick (something, on WW)'s old boat, with a semi-auto ballast system?
I just recently got a '97 Super Sport; awesome boat!
So congrats on the boat and the tiny one!
kylem428 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kylem428 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2016 at 1:47am
Yep it was Nicks. He sold it to his bro a few years back n I don't think it's been cleaned or waxed since. Also, the ballast system was somewhat complicated so I nixed it already and will be putting in a 3- reversible pump system. I pulled the stereo equipment as the wiring was in dis array and sub boxes were soft. Tower also has to go so I'll either build a fct 2 copy ( my BIL is a prof welder), or talk myself in to the Roswell aviator :). Too many projects though. Hard to not go after them all at once so I'll start with pulling seats and vinyl, cleaning, and making sure all original equipment works , then slowly piecing it back together.

I'm excited for the boat and for the space to share with my growing Family! Pics are at http://m.imgur.com/a/xbFv0 but I didn't take them.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2016 at 2:46pm
I did something similar. When my son was just over 1 years old, I decided it was time to get a boat.

Called about the boat and spoke to the owner about a test drive later that day when I told my wife she said she thinks she is pregnant with our second child (and it was confirmed by a pregnancy test 2 days later).

Turned out to be a great idea. Had lots of fun in the boat with the family this summer and I am looking forward to many more.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2016 at 12:40pm
Keep us posted on the ballast install please! Gonna have to do that one myself too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic