NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BAREFOOT NAUTIQUE BOAT BAR AND COUCH PROJECT

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BAREFOOT NAUTIQUE BOAT BAR AND COUCH PROJECT
    Posted: October-11-2016 at 7:03pm
http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=24161&title=the-nautiki-bar

Found this link from years ago---- finally! I saw a picture of this boat bar on a google search one day and thought it would be killer to make this for my 1979 BFN.

We have not gotten to far into the project other than getting the boat cut in half. INSANE amount of work to do that! cut the back end off and I think I am going to make that into a couch. Here are some pictures of the process thus far, and I will keep updated as they happen

before we got started

stern is off

the inside

split!!!

packing up.

velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 5:00pm

before
made some progress today! started to wetsand the transom.

after

Has anyone ever made reverse decals to paint on the letters? looking for the barefoot version from 1979-1981. but ski would help as a base.... I am hoping someone has experience with this!!

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 5:11pm
Don't you have the graphics from the boat? What is already on the transom and on the sides? Trace them on frisket and take to a sign shop.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 5:12pm
BTW - Don't you want a Cran/Grey Excel? We can take off the tower.......
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 5:18pm
Steve- my wife will disown me. 4 excels/BfNs is cool for now. Once I fix one up to sell- then I'm on it. Angie LOVES the cranberry and grey so it won't be a tough sell! She loves these boats more than me😜. Yes graphics are on the boat still. What do I need to do???
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Trace them on frisket (clear sticky paper) and take to a sign shop.
   Check with a sign shop or a craft shop, they can hook you up.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 6:30pm
Ok- will do
Ben#155 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben#155 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 4:19am
you know this is a crime!

The foam is not even wet!

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 6:59am
So, you are gonna do it Rod!? Keep the pictures coming!! I wish I would have had the time!
Js
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 10:31am
Ben #155- boat was soaked. Floor was gone- stringers were gone all the way to the hull in spots. Had tress growing in the foam. Was outside uncovered for three years before I bought it. This was best way to save it. .
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 10:33am
Yes gonna do it. Was waiting to find the plans- so I was excited to find the original post with the specs. He had provided. Will be lots of work- but is gonna be super cool
When done!!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 10:46am
Shameful
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 10:47am
Plans? You already screwed up and kept the wrong side of the boat.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 11:01am
Tim
Shameful? As in how someone else's neglected it? Or me doing a boat bar?
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 11:05am
Hollywood
I kept the left side. Was to big to fit in the trailer with stern, but I kept the better side. The side in the trailer is on its way to NC with a fellow CCF member. They are gonna do the same thing on the dock at their lake cottage..
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 11:15am
gotcha
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 1:51pm
If it makes anyone feel any better- the boat had no engine, no interior and was super rough when I bought it. This future boat bar and couch project will be great and this boat will be used daily once again.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 2:02pm
Rod,
It never bothered me since I noticed the condition from the pictures. It seems like Tim was the one that got real upset but don't worry about him since he's got more than enough boats! The hull is going to a better use now. Just keep the graphics original.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 2:06pm
I thought about reprinting them- leave them as is?
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2016 at 9:31pm
Who's getting it in NC? I hope Greg but feel free to drop it at my house.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic