NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

started buffing my 93 S.N.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: started buffing my 93 S.N.
    Posted: August-25-2016 at 5:51pm
Well, finally got my boat home, and pulled all the old decals off the sides, and started in on the wetsanding, polishing process. Here's a few pics. I'd say this old, weathered '93 is cleaning up damn nice!

This one is a BEFORE Pic:

Couple AFTER pics, but before any wax yet:

'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 5:58pm
NICE !!!!!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 6:02pm
Not to diminish what you've done so far, which looks fantastic, but those aren't the same area...
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Not to diminish what you've done so far, which looks fantastic, but those aren't the same area...

Ditto - I thought the same thing... Love the colors!
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 6:16pm
it's the same "general" area...if you see the first photo with the decals still on, you'll see the old Nautique guide on post on the trailer. the two photos that have decals removed and have been sanded you'll see the pvc pipe of the very same guide on. All 3 photos are taken of the rear port side of the boat.   All within 2 feet of each other give or take. :)

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 6:17pm
You guys need to get your eyes checked.

Rear port side is shown in all pics.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 6:29pm
strike 2, i better stop for the day
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 6:33pm
Don't worry..I'll forgive ya! But my tired, sore arms wont! LOL

JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 7:55pm

Looks great so far

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 8:56pm
looks awesome...can we have an overall before shot of one side...can't wait to see it once the decals are back!
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 9:12pm
Sure..I didn't have a good FULL shot of Port side, but it was beat to hell from Dock rash. This starboard side, looks OK in these photos, but you can still see, pretty dull and faded.

bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 10:16pm
Looks great- nice work!   
1989 Ski Nautique 2001
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 10:30pm
Wax on. Wax off. Grass Hopper.

Looks great.

Now for a coat of Mop N Glow !!!!!   

Just kidding.
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2016 at 10:46pm
I think your son likes his boat!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 12:12am
yeah...NO Mop n Glow here! just alot of sweat and elbow grease. Now I know some won't like the wax I use..but I've used it on ALL of my sports cars I've ever owned and have been very happy with it..and that is Meguiars Carnuba wax.

And YES...all of my kids like this boat, after having them ALL learn to ski behind my little old 3.0 omc cobra (4 cyl) I/O this has been a big step up for them.

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 12:44am
Nice work! Great to see the young ones taking that much pride. Hope they got to help!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 12:52am

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 12:56am
Yes, my 13 yr old (pictured with the boat) actually did ALL of the interior vinyl. It had alot of staining, and some mold on it..he went through and sprayed all the seats, combing pads, etc with LA's Totally Awesome, and then took a nylon bristle brush and scrubbed them all clean, then went over ALL of that with 303 protectant. Then he cleaned the windshield, dash, etc. He's proud of the boat.
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 9:32am
Pete likes it ! Me too....i
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 11:23am
Looking good, elbow grease works great on so many things......
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 11:56am

What's up H-Man? you've been starting to sound a lot like Pete used to sound lately. And he's been mellowing. In the great space time continuum are we seeing the parallel impacts of the law of conservation of crankiness and the combined impacts of retirement and post wedding nookie?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 12:31pm
some NWZ expert should chime in on that pin tape, looks totally odd to me. Certainly the skinny piece should be on the bottom but i've also seen just solid 1/2" separating the colors
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 1:57pm
I Know nothing about the Pin tape...I thought the double stripe above and single below looked pretty good. Not sure what I'll go with just yet when I go to put them back on. Any thoughts??
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by flyweed flyweed wrote:

I thought the double stripe above and single below

wat
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 2:12pm
Is this the Recent 93 from TN/VA?
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 3:03pm

some NWZ expert should chime in on that pin tape, looks totally odd to me. Certainly the skinny piece should be on the bottom but i've also seen just solid 1/2" separating the colors

Here's the tape on our '92

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 4:07pm
seems like 90-91 go the double tape (1/2" on top separating the colors, 1/8" in the white) and then transitioned through 92 towards the single 1/2". I've definitely never the double tape inverted like flyweed's boat

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 4:10pm
Looks great! I really like the color scheme with the grey as the main stead of maroon.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 4:29pm
Very nice Dan! Love those colors!

Are you going original graphics, no graphics or doing what this guy did and go with the "08" for a bit of updated look?
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 5:23pm
I am going ALL original graphics on her. just trying to decide what to go with for those replacement pinstripes, we are currently talking about. Otherwise, I have all the original decals in my garage, waiting application.

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic