NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

started buffing my 93 S.N.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 5:27pm
Well, there have been a handful of members who put their decals (the slanted kind) on the wrong sides of the boat because that's the way they got it, then later regretted it. Think about it now before they go on!

flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 6:15pm
Yeah, no worries there. I've been studying up before I even ordered the decals. I also printed out the original 1993 color brochure...so I have both style and placement that I am going directly off the 93 color brochure.   
'93 Ski Nautique NWZ, Air Boom Tower
Drink Tonight..for tomorrow We Ride!
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 6:22pm
Ok, so question...WHY does the 1993 closed bow have the word SKI start at the rear of the boat, and on the other 93's open bow, etc, the word SKI starts up toward the front of the boat??? Weird
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by flyweed flyweed wrote:

Ok, so question...WHY does the 1993 closed bow have the word SKI start at the rear of the boat, and on the other 93's open bow, etc, the word SKI starts up toward the front of the boat??? Weird

Port vs Starboard side.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 7:24pm
Ah...didn't know that...so one goes one way, and the other goes opposite? I figured each side would have decals laid out to look the same and mirror the opposite side.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2016 at 10:25pm
For that to be the case the writing would be backwards on one side.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2016 at 1:39am
That looks amazing. For what it is worth, my 1993 has a bit different graphics package than your (later build I think) and it has two solid 1/2" stripes. One on the top and one of the bottom. But, I don't have the "world" graphic like you do either. A look at the 1992 and 1993 brochures would show the differences.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2016 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Well, there have been a handful of members who put their decals (the slanted kind) on the wrong sides of the boat because that's the way they got it, then later regretted it. Think about it now before they go on!

Mm mm, white wall trailer tires.
fgroce View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fgroce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-29-2016 at 9:26pm
If I remember correctly our 88 2001 came with white wall tires when we bought it new in 88.

Frank
FGroce
88 Ski Nautique
For 28 years
Now 2002 Ski Nautique
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:05pm
Hey guys...few more days, and a couple more photos. ALMOST THERE! First photo is after FINAL sanding. 2nd photo is after first polish. It was overcast, so it's hard to appreciate what it looks like. but if you look at the trailer guide, you can see how easily it Mirror images in the boat finish. I even got rid of ALL the shadow from the old lettering on the boat.

Tomorrow will be final polishing filling the couple dings you can still see by the trailer wheel yet. and then finishing her up.

final sanding done

first polish

flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:16pm
Also, I know I can get the 1/4" grey pinstripe from Nautiqueparts, but anyone know where I can get the double grey strip at the bottom?? I didn't see it on the Nautiqueparts website.

relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:36pm
Looking good, keep it up......I'm in the same boat, looking for a 1/4" purple pinstripe for mine......I may just order from a Google search on the purple and try to match best I can
Wisky Badger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wisky Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:41pm
Your progess looks terrific.   Can you detail the steps you used I.e. what grit sand papers, what type of cutting compound and polish? Also did you use a rotary air sander or do it by hand?

The family just picked up a winter project so I am trying to read up on all these threads and gain as much info as possible.
relake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote relake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Wisky Badger Wisky Badger wrote:

Your progess looks terrific.   Can you detail the steps you used I.e. what grit sand papers, what type of cutting compound and polish? Also did you use a rotary air sander or do it by hand?

The family just picked up a winter project so I am trying to read up on all these threads and gain as much info as possible.

Depends on the amount of "damage" on the gel coat, upload a few pics of your ride so we can see! I simply used the 3M one step oxidation remover/wax, went over it multiple times (by hand) and the results were very good.....still not where I want it to be, but getting there.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 10:50pm
Originally posted by Wisky Badger Wisky Badger wrote:

Can you detail the steps you used I.e. what grit sand papers, what type of cutting compound and polish? Also did you use a rotary air sander or do it by hand? .

Gel coat thread out of the FAQ's in the maintenance section

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 11:07pm
Relake...
aint' NO amount of 3M remover/wax would work on taking the scratches and shadowing out that was on my boat sides.   I used EXACTLY what Pete just posted a link to up above. This process works perfectly. I did use a variable speed rotary polisher that saved some serious arm fatigue..but I still did MOST of the wet sanding with a rubber block.

Here is a photo of the worst side damage from "dock rash"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 11:47pm
White lake or n3 may have the 1/4-1/4-1/2 double pin. You need a 1/2" pin between the charcoal and cranberry.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 11:56pm
I have become somewhat of an expert trying to find pinstripe tape. 1/2 & 1/4 double line tape is usually custom made. Zach at N3 used to get it for us. Not an option now. Plus it was EXPENSIVE! So eBay has a company that has almost exactly what you need, but you need to buy 1/2" as well as 1/4" rolls and do it manually. Medium grey is what you need. I just did my boat- and it is a close as you'll find without going custom.

Here is link- that you'll need to copy and paste. You'll need to do two rolls. $33 is a steal. Hope it helps.
Link #1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/300728346193

Link # 2
https://www.ebay.com/itm/300728352402

velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-30-2016 at 11:58pm
Light grey is what you need between the cranberry and grey.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/300728352402
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 8:33am
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 9:27am
Thanks for fixing the link. Not sure why iPhones don't work on the site.😜
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 10:35am
hyperlinking with an iphone works fine you just have to do it manually
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 10:49am
Please explain that- so I can do links in future- thanks
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 12:00pm
quote any link and you'll see what is needed. then, just type in the URL bracket stuff by hand, pasting in the actual address where it goes

the buttons are just cheaters, everything the buttons do you can do by hand if you know the "codes"
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 8:23pm
Ok...done polishing. Just have to WAX yet......LOOK AT     THIS    SHINE.........my old 1993 is gonna be HOT again! :)

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 8:36pm
Decals before wax
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 8:47pm
yep, that's what I figured....so decals are next! probably this weekend.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 8:47pm
Did you get links for your pinstripe tape?
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 8:50pm
Yes I did. got the pinstriping ordered already. I got the medium grey coming for the bottom striping and the light grey ordered for the upper (between cranberry and charcoal grey) striping. Plus I have all the decals here already that match all of the ones I took off.
flyweed View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2016 at 9:51pm
couple more side shots. this side was the WORST....tons of "dock rash" and scrapes. some scratches were pretty deep. But they ALL came out!! I am really happy with the results.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic