Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

mustang stripes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: mustang stripes
    Posted: July-29-2016 at 5:27pm
I'm doing stripes on my mustang 17 and would appreciate a little help. I need to know the size of the broken stripe across the back of the boat.. I traced the sides but not the back.       
   Farmer
Watch your fingers.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2016 at 7:45pm
The top stripe is 2 inches
blank center is 3/4"
Bottom stripe is 1 inch

A way to keep everything nice and even and straight and equal is to start with the 3/4'
Then go ahead and lay down the 2" and the 1" tape, then lay down both outers.   Then remove the 2' and the 1".

It wastes a little tape, But it's really a quicker way to produce perfect stripes.

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 9:54am
Thanks but my mustang is a 1977. It has two red stripes.. They are broken into sections across the back of the boat. I just need to know how long each section is.Gary
Watch your fingers.

farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 10:14am

this is the boat when I got it I need to know the length and spacing of the stripes.. gary
Watch your fingers.

DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2016 at 10:29pm
The white vertical gaps are 1/4"    That's a really good pic you should be able to scale it out from the pic.    I would guess the 5 sections at 1.25" - 2" - 3" - 4" & 5"

KooK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KooK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 3:19pm
Hopefully this helps out a little bit. I just did these measurements for you off my own Mustang. Let me know if you have any questions or need a larger version of the image. By the way, this computer isn't set up for creating 2d images so this was all done in paint which was a royal pain in the ass, so hopefully it helps some people in the future as well.

Edited: Small spelling mistakes and clarified a few things on updated picture.
farmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 8:19pm
Thanks a bunch. That should get it done. It was great of you to go through the trouble to draw it out. I'll post picture when I have them on . Thanks Again gary
Watch your fingers.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 8:55pm
Aaron,
Nice work! Now we need Keith to get it into the misc. file in the reference section. Maybe an email to Keith to find out what format he would need would help. I'll email him as well.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KooK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KooK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2016 at 9:14pm
No problem, I keep making small tweaks to this thing but overall if you work from the outside in, you should be pretty close to factory. I'll shoot him an email with the final version of this in the morning after I check it over once more.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic