Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

timmy "T" for engine flushing?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1xsculler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1xsculler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: timmy "T" for engine flushing?
    Posted: July-25-2016 at 1:03am
I saw on here somewhere about a DIY engine flushing kit made by installing a grey plastic "T" and a valved hose fitting in the waterline between the raw water strainer and the transmission oil cooler. It seems to me you'd have to install a one-way valve in there somewhere to prevent the flushing fresh water from flowing back out of the boat through the raw water strainer. If I am correct what type of valve do you use and, exactly, where does it go?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2016 at 1:20am
No valve. The suction from your rwp will pull the hose water. The only application I've heard it not working on is a v-drive Python engine.
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2016 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

No valve. The suction from your rwp will pull the hose water. The only application I've heard it not working on is a v-drive Python engine.

Really, any reason you know of? Is there a thread anywhere about this? I had been planning to add one to my Python SS but haven't gotten around to it yet.
1999 Python Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2016 at 4:11pm
Location of tee installation. Water doesn't flow uphill easily... Makes it tough to prime the rwp. Mount it high and it'll be fine.
s_kelley2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s_kelley2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2016 at 4:59pm
Thanks Tim, that makes sense. I am sure I can find a proper place to mount it. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something to do with the water pump itself as it is quite a bit different setup than the Fords.
1999 Python Super Sport
1xsculler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1xsculler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2016 at 9:11pm
My '94 and '95 Nautiques, Ski and Sport, won't suck the water and it just flows out of the inlet on the bottom of the boat, engine running or not. I'm going to have to install a valve to give the water only one way to go unless you guys can tell me what I'm doing wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic