NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Southwind 20 New Life

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Southwind 20 New Life
    Posted: July-19-2016 at 4:32pm
After using this boat for the donor motor and trans for my Maurauder and no one willing to take it off my hands we have started to repurpose the old girl. Bar tops on the gunnels are planned but yet to be built.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 5:05pm
Good place for a Southwind.... in the ground! lol
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 8:59pm
I like it Bill....very cool!.....HW on behalf of our SW brothers....That hurts man...really hurts!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 9:23pm
No need to speak on their behalf TimBob... HW owns more southwinds than anyone else I can think of- he's qualified to comment on those, um, beautiful boats.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 11:43pm
Looking at the Southwind it looks like a deeper version of the barefoot nautique hull...do they make a similar wake to the bfn?
This is the life
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2016 at 11:48pm
Bill,
Very nice! I love it!! Make sure you keep the pictures coming as you progress.

In the second picture, what's the platform with the railing that looks like it's on rails?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2016 at 12:36am
Pete- that is the Osha unapproved scaffold that goes on the forks of the skid steer loader we used to assemble the pole structure. I will keep the pictures coming.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2016 at 12:39am
Glass- I have no idea what the wake is like. It never was even close to water worthy. It is a bigger hull. 20' long and a deeeeeep V.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2016 at 9:00am
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Looking at the Southwind it looks like a deeper version of the barefoot nautique hull...do they make a similar wake to the bfn?

The bfn was born of the Southwind... They cut the hull down and slapped a SN-style deck and (usually) a big block in it. I haven't skied one but I'm confident the wakes are very similar if not indistinguishable.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 8:02pm
Pretty cool Bill.    Did you cut it off at the waterline or just plant as-is ?      Luv the pavillion.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 8:59pm
Thanks Dr. We planted it as is. Two large holes in the bottom to drain water and maybe dry out the wet foam!
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2016 at 9:15pm
That's pretty awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2016 at 10:35am
a few more pictures of the progress
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic