Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heater installation. Where to connect hoses

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
weekendwally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekendwally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater installation. Where to connect hoses
    Posted: June-25-2016 at 12:47pm
I have a new to me 1987 SN. I found a new in box heater craft heater on craigslist. Now to instal it.   Any advice on how to plumb in the heater? I found this http://www.skidim.com/Y-FITTING-1-X-5_8-PCM-Ford-Carb-or-EFI/productinfo/H423/ is that the best way?   Where to take the water out and where to put it back on the block/pump? Want to get out on the water but the wife is fair weather boater only. Heater should help.
Thanks.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-25-2016 at 3:08pm
Right behind the distributor,there is a plug in the intake manifold. That is where you you need to install a 90* fitting for one of the heater hoses to attach,that is where the hot water comes out of the engine. The Y on skidim goes into the water intake hose of the boat,mine is just before the raw water pump. Mine originally was connected to the U by the right below the circulation pump but at idle speeds you didn't get any heat. The Y gives you heat at all speeds
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2016 at 12:32pm
Yes, heaters are good for date nights

I had suspected that method put too much cool water in the engine at idle. Good to hear it works well

I used a street elbow and barb onto the heater return port on the water pump. there should be a allen pipe plug there, aiming at the thermostat housing.   Some grinding of the street elbow was required, but gets good flow at idle. Routed much like an old F250 is. Same outlet up top on the intake.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
weekendwally View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weekendwally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 6:46pm
Thanks guys. I had searched all over. And couldn't find this information anywhere. Not with enough description to go for it. Sounds like GottaSki`s method would be a bit cheaper. I am in Canada so Skidim gets more expensive.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2016 at 11:24pm
Mine is exactly like Gary's. I used the temp sensor port on top, so used a T so I could keep the sensor plumbed in that location and take the heater water out the top of the T. Once engine is warmed up I get plenty of heat at idle.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic