NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GO PENS

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GO PENS
    Posted: May-27-2016 at 1:17am
Title says it all

GO PENS!!!!!!
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 11:24am
They are playing well, but it would be kinda cool to see the Sharks win their first, on their 25th anniversary year.
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 12:23pm
Yeah those Sharks fans are serious considering the only ice in San Jose is in their freezers and in their rink. My son and I saw the Sharks and Hawks play there. Awesome arena and local bar scene--serious Hockey fans.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 12:32pm
I saw the Sharks beat the Penguins there two seasons ago, ha!
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 3:52pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 4:02pm
In my eyes we already won the cup when we sent Ovechkin and Backstrom packing and booted Holtby from the net.

The demise of the caps was just icing on the cake after we put a whooping on and brought down King Henrik's kingdom and his band of fairy Rangers

So win or lose we won in my eyes.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 4:12pm
That was huge, but Tampa sure is a good team. It would have been really interesting if Bishop and Stamkos were healthy from game 1.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 4:13pm
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

In my eyes we already won the cup when we sent Ovechkin and Backstrom packing and booted Holtby from the net.

Ahhh yes... The call...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 4:27pm
You never get tired of watching that OT game winner. Still gives me goose bumps.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

That was huge, but Tampa sure is a good team. It would have been really interesting if Bishop and Stamkos were healthy from game 1.

Yeah, kinda wished Stamkos was healthy, but really, Vasilevskiy showed that he was a legit 1st round goal tender! I really doubt Bishop could have done much better.

Nothing beats watching Lundqvist at the end of the season flipping his own goal to stop play after his own player took him out...
baby
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2016 at 4:42pm
Personally I don't know why anyone would want to be a hockey player.
After getting the snot beat out of ya for 8 months over an 82 game season then the playoffs you get maybe 3 months off and have to do it all over again for another year.

Thank god for the ones that do.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2016 at 4:02pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 12:26pm
All I can say is WOW what great hockey and what a great series so far.

GO PENS!!!
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 2:48pm
GO PENS
I'm trying to stream the games in the middle of the night with a sucky connection, nut its worth it
1994 Sport Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 4:01pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2016 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Oh the humanity

https://medium.com/sportspickle/nhl-player-shot-dead-after-after-child-falls-onto-the-ice-d4b030e9609f#.h9sznmjaq

Now that's funny I don't care who you are that's funny.
I especially like the last line that's what hockey players do. No prima donnas in this sport (well maybe Patrick Kane & Johnathan Toews) the rest get stitched up on the bench and out for the next shift.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 5:04pm
WOW
3 Down 1 to go... but that 4th win is always the hardest to get

GO PENS!!!!!!!
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 5:17pm
It is just a formality now..
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 5:32pm
It's really sad just because the Hawks decided to give someone else a chance to win the cup this year there is very little media coverage of the series. If they do win be sure and post here to let the rest of us know.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 6:30pm
What Quinner says.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 6:30pm
What media coverage would you be expecting? I'm sure the Bay Area and Pittsburgh have it all well covered. Typical "Hawks" fans don't give a *************** about the NHL, just their hometown stars...
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2016 at 10:18pm
I am picking up a little bitterness after a first round game 7 loss... Sucks... Maybe go to a Cubs game and put it behind you. If you want to watch Hockey... Try NBC.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2016 at 1:04am
I'm picking up a bit of bitterness with the loss in Pittsburg tonight. It was no doubt a defensive goaltending extravaganza.

I'm hoping for a game 7 in San Jose. That'll be epic. Can't wait to watch game 6. Epic Hockey is fun to watch no matter who is playing.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2016 at 1:09am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

They are playing well, but it would be kinda cool to see the Sharks win their first, on their 25th anniversary year.

Two wins away.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2016 at 1:30am
Wow... 4 goals in first 5 mins... 46 shots to 22... Jones stole that game for sure! If it would come down to 7 that would be back in Pittsburgh.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2016 at 1:48am
That's right! Game six will be SJ at home. Thanks for the correction! All I know is I love playoff hockey--a lot more when the Hawks are in it, but I still love the supreme pace.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic