NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Exhaust hose

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust hose
    Posted: May-24-2016 at 11:53pm
Ok, long story short my impeller bit the dust last year and the motor jumped up a bit in temp, nothing hurt, replace impeller and all will be well. Wrong.... with new impeller I desided to redo my riser gaskets and and dig out the broken drain plugs, replace old bolts with stainless etc,etc. While the manifolds were off I noticed one hose was burned inside. I have now lollygagged and Memorial day is closer than exhaust hose shipping time. Question is It looks like just the inner most layer got damaged, outside of hose feels as strong as the undamaged portion of hose. Will this be ok to run for the weekend? Probably be just cruising, no long term skiing if any the water will be rough Im sure. Thoughts??
“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.” ― Harry S. Truman
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2016 at 11:54pm
Also wheres the best place to get replacement hoses?
“Tact is the ability to step on a man's toes without messing up the shine on his shoes.” ― Harry S. Truman
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:05am
Are you near a West Marine? I found out this winter that they were cheaper or the same on 3" wire reinforced corrugated hose. The 3" smooth non wire was crazy expensive. Most likely would have to be ordered though.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-25-2016 at 12:18am
Yeah went there today on the assumption they stocked some. They used to but now have to order it. At 17 dollars a foot I was goin try flea bay or skidim for better pricing. The inner most liner of the hose is the only part hurt. The hose structure seems unaffected. Im foamless hence the paranoia. I ran it in the driveway yesterday no leaks and the hose was still good and strong by feel after the engine warmed up.
forvicjr View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forvicjr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2016 at 2:41am
Folks gettin bashfull around here, I answered my own question about the hose. It made it all weekend. Got 6 foot ordered. Thanks all...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic