Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New 1989 2001! **Pics**

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 1989 2001! **Pics**
    Posted: May-03-2016 at 2:21am
I've been waiting to create this post for a long time. I'm finally the proud owner of a teal on white 1989 Ski Nautique 2001!!! 2 owner boat with just over 500 hours! It's in great condition...just needs a good cleaning inside and out. I'm looking forward to tinkering with it, skiing/boarding behind it, teaching my daughters to ski and most importantly keeping it ORIGINAL!

Some of you may have read my thread "Looking at 1987 SN 2001" a while back. Well, obviously that boat didn't work out if you followed the thread. I thought I was going to have to travel 10 hours to find one...On a whim I put a WTB ad on my local craigslist. A few weeks later a guy contacted me and says he has an 89 he would sell. Come to find out he's 10 miles from my doorstep. I couldn't believe it!! Went and looked at it- water tested it and the rest is history!

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 6:11am
Braden,
Congratulations. It looks like you found a great find. I'm sure you will get many hours of pleasure from the boat with the family. Yes, get the daughters out there on the skis and of course off the tubes! I especially like your following statement:
Originally posted by bb12 bb12 wrote:

and most importantly keeping it ORIGINAL!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 7:01am
Very Nice! Enjoy!!
Js
jimsport93 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimsport93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 8:17am
Nice Boat!
Going to be a great summer.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 8:19am
Clean boat. Congrats
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 8:47am
Awesome Correct Craft!
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 9:22am
great looking boat
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Chevy350 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chevy350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 9:23am
Very nice and clean boat!
1972 Mustang
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 9:25am
Very nice looking boat!
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 9:40am
I have the same '89 (those colors were the cover for the '89 brochure), though yours looks to be in much better shape; my PO put ugly vinyl in mine and mine just crossed 1300 hours. It was my first CC and I don't think I will ever let it go, so there will be a major restoration for her somewhere down the road.

With 89 being a transition year, there were a host of changes that presage the '90 (1.23 transmission, which allowed a level standard rotation motor, invertaflow, improved resin). Even with 1300 hours, mine will GPS 47 mph at 4900 RPM with an ACME 470. Great boarding hull, slalom is not horrible at 32 mph and flattens more as the speed increases; at kid slalom speeds the wake is knee high on them, but I figure it is good training.

Congratulations, and I hope you have as much fun in yours as our family has had in ours!
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 9:52am
Really looks to be in nice condition, good find and Great color of course, congrats!!
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 10:24am
Great find. Love to see all original beauties! Hope you have years of fun and memories with it.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 11:18am
Sharp! Cool how it all worked out so close to home
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 11:21am
With the 20 hours of driving saved you can now paint your garage.
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Thats funny that was the first thing I noticed, since mine looked like that up till this last weekend. Spent a lot of time sanding and painting all weekend. Been taping and mudding on week nights after the kids go to bed. Month long project! Huge difference glad I've done it
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Thanks for the comments! I'm pretty excited!!

And I had a feeling I'd get crap for my unpainted garage!    It's on my "to do" list!!

Suggestions for cleaning the carpet and vinyl? I know in the pics it looks spotless, but up close the white vinyl needs cleaned up. Soap and water with a brush and finish with 303? What about the carpet?
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 11:52am
Totally Awesome...cleaner that is...from the dollar store works great on vinyl with the brush will get it super clean then 303
This is the life
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Totally Awesome...cleaner that is...from the dollar store works great on vinyl with the brush will get it super clean then 303

Totally Awesome is okay on vinyl? I've read some cleaners are too abrasive on the vinyl.

And would it be okay to use a Rug Doctor on the carpet? It's pretty matted down. Needs to be brought back to life.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 4:06pm
Nice work Braden... patients always pays off! Now you know what colors to paint your garage ;) of course you won't have time for that nonsense!

So I notice in the pic at ramp there is a BI clamp on your pylon... then it was removed in garage pic... did the seller keep the boom? If so, that sucks.

Really not much a rug Dr can do for that carpet... looks like it is due for a change... (not a bad DIY job) and I see teal is still widely available. First I would try power washing and scrubbing with some detergent and a hand held stiff brush.

Regardless... have fun with this...
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 5:18pm
Very nice!
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 5:21pm
Cannot believe putting a WTB add got you such a gem, boom and all.

Enjoy!
bb12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bb12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by AAM196 AAM196 wrote:

Nice work Braden... patients always pays off! Now you know what colors to paint your garage ;) of course you won't have time for that nonsense!

So I notice in the pic at ramp there is a BI clamp on your pylon... then it was removed in garage pic... did the seller keep the boom? If so, that sucks.

Really not much a rug Dr can do for that carpet... looks like it is due for a change... (not a bad DIY job) and I see teal is still widely available. First I would try power washing and scrubbing with some detergent and a hand held stiff brush.

Regardless... have fun with this...

Thanks, Andrew! Yes, it came with the boom. After I got it home last night I took everything off and out of the boat to get it ready for deep cleaning. I think the carpet has another season or two left. Maybe a winter project? I might try a Rug Doctor for now just to see how it goes.

Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

Cannot believe putting a WTB add got you such a gem, boom and all.

Enjoy!

I couldn't believe it either! Crazy how things work out sometimes!

So is 'Totally Awesome' okay on the vinyl? I just want to make sure because I'm itching to get the vinyl cleaned up!
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 7:18pm
Nice Boat and a GREAT story! Cool pics. Have fun on the water.
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 7:25pm
Nice find! Try Babes Boat care products if you can find it,they make a seat soap. Also try your local rental place for a rug cleaner,I have used one like this, works good and easy to maneuver in the confines of a boat. I run it thru every year.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Also try your local rental place for a rug cleaner,I have used one like this, works good and easy to maneuver in the confines of a boat. I run it thru every year.

I think those rug cleaners are for stairs and they will let you get in between the motor and the sides of the boat. The normal carpet cleaner is likely too large to get all of the areas clean. They sell one like that for $100 (Bissell ?) at Lowes and I have been eyeing them. Seems like they are little less expensive on e-bay. I did not think to ask a rental center for the small one. That is a great idea.

I use 303 Aerospace Cleaner and 303 Protectant on my seats. That and the babes seems to be what the Nautique Dealers recommend. You can get the 303 at West Marine. Normally West Marine is the most expensive place to go, but they do have it and I do not believe it was higher than anywhere else. Other stores will have the 303 protectant, but I had to go to West Marine to get both.

Great looking boat with a great story.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

] . They sell one like that for $100 (Bissell ?) at Lowes and I have been eyeing them. Seems like they are little less expensive on e-bay. I did not think to ask a rental center for the small one. That is a great idea. Donald

18 minimum, 25 a day Don. I do the cars when I rent it too.Not a big fan of the carpet in the boat but it is what it is.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-03-2016 at 8:18pm
Heck, I would rather rent then keep up with it.
Thanks,
Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 12:35am
The cool thing is that I noticed that the previous owner even mounted the speakers under the gunnels as to not cut into the vinyl!

Great find.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 2:45am
I've been using totally awesome on my 90 Sanger DX @nd it has not harmed the vinyl...somebody on wakeworld ran it thru a spectrograph along with Malco and it's the same thing....its the yellow stuff and can be diluted
This is the life
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2016 at 1:19pm
Might wanna try Frank's Special Cleaner... learned of this magic stuff from Lexus dealer.
It is non-caustic and biodegradable...

And for a carpet that matted... I don't think a machine will do anything... (I know it is wishful thinking)... scrub brush/elbow grease!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic