Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

the engine is IN !!!!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Cheaterpete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: the engine is IN !!!!
    Posted: June-08-2006 at 3:15am

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 8:16am
Whoooo hoooo!

And its a SBC!!!! Life doesnt get much better!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:38am
That's one mean looking engine! What's the specs on it?

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:44am
Ok, it's a corvette 350 block from 1969, with dumble ump heads with 2.02 intakes valves.
Pertronix dizzy, stage 2 rods and 10.5/1 pistons (hyper).
Brand new quadrajets carb. new big volume oil pan, melling oil pump.......and more
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 9:53am
Wow, that thing is a beauty. What are we pushing for approx horsepower and torque? Do you get that "lopping" effect with this engine? I know that Corvette cam shafts are shaped different than stock 350 engines. You must be excited to get on the water.

Ken
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:10am
Looks good. Gotta love the gate valve on the water inlet

I once built up an LT1 Corvette engine for my '71 camaro. I remember that the torque came in around 2000 rpms...too high for a marine engine. The LT1 also had the 2.02 angle plug heads that liked to breath.

So, did you take this into account and spec it for more bottom end torque?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:16am
David,

For my knowledge, is it bad to have maxium torque kick in at low RPM's for marine engines? Wouldn't that help plane the boat easier?

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:17am
In fact the camshaft stay original!
So I will keep the torque at low rpm...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:26am
Peter,

How's the weather in Switzerland? Must be better than Boston, Massachusetts. We've had rain storms after rain storms. Do any of your buddies own Correct Crafts? I was just wondering how popular these boats are overseas.

Ken
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:56am
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

David,

For my knowledge, is it bad to have maxium torque kick in at low RPM's for marine engines? Wouldn't that help plane the boat easier?

Ken

Yes, low end torque is essential for a boat, especially a ski boat. What I was trying to say is that my Early 70's spec Corvette engine did not have good low end torque...the torque came in at higher revs than would be ideal for a marine engine.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 10:59am
Thanks for the clarification, David. My misunderstanding.

Ken

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 11:01am
Weather is now going better!, Correct craft are very popular here!

Concerning my engine, just want to say, if I kept the original cam that is because i don't want to change the torque and power range!

As soon as the boat hit the water, I'm going to make a movie, then everyone can make his own idea of the power I get from this engine!
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 11:07am
I sure it will be great. I was just curious and I am sure not all corvette spec engines had the torque come in at same revs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cheaterpete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 11:10am
of course not, but that depense on the cam you got!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-11-2006 at 4:24am
put a set of roller rockers on it with a stock cam and it will give you more lift at top end it exstends your cam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic