NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct craft Separator

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:11am
I seem to remember when it showed up on here the guy that had it was pretty proud of it and his asking price reflected it.I also think is sat in a shed like a pole barn with no sides wish I could find that thread. I do believe the PO had an extra set of windshields-

Here it is it was in the for sale section-

link
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
separator71 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:18am
Just google correct craft separator and there's about a dozen pics of it. Yeah I think he was asking around 12k for it. In effect, I got it for an outboard motor that I paid $500.00 bucks for, fixed up and sold for 4k. I paid 4500.00 so I guess a grand ain't bad for a boat worth 8.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:19am
Originally posted by separator71 separator71 wrote:

I'm into outboard tunnel hulls so for this boat to be too fast for me you'd have to drop it out of an airplane....and that might not do it either : )...   It's got a jetavator also so there will be some 200 foot roostertails on the river this summer.

I have some "outboard tunnel hull well over 100mph" time and that's a walk in the park compared to these V-hulls. Let's just say the pucker factor gets big well before 100mph! So they are fun and part of that fun is the level of difficulty.

Those roostertails will be a hoot, specially if you can manage to get in front of some of your OB buddies!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:27am
Yeah it seems like the c.g. is too far back for a hull of this type but I've got alot of seat time in fast v-hulls too so I'm sure I can handle it. Alway's wanted a squirter but they are usually flat hull boats.....this looks like it'll handle some rough water without shaking all my teeth out.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 12:48am

...this looks like it'll handle some rough water without shaking all my teeth out.

You are right on point with the rough water, they go through the rough stuff like a hot knife through butta!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 1:19am
Well, I'll start running it and fixing it up more as I go. I'll get some pics up sometime soon. I'll probably get serious about selling it next fall.....who knows I may never sell it but I'm designing a new tunnel and I'm gonna need an expensive outboard about this time next year. But you can never have too many speed boats.......right??
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 2:49pm

I'm designing a new tunnel

I'm interested in your design process. Do you use special software?
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 4:36pm
One of the first boat's that I worked on was a 68 Torino in yellow Total rebuild and it was very fast. No idea were this boat went.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-01-2017 at 4:38pm
I had just started working at SouthEast Correct Craft.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 1:01am
@ Phil Hildebrandt Jr's - Malibu Beach Yacht Basin in the late '70's, early '80's we had (customer boat) a Torino in Inca Gold w/ Jet Drive.   I don't recall the year of the boat. The pump was either a Berkley or a Jacuzzi.   

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 7:17am
Chris,
Are you sure you have a Separator and not a Torino? Although Separator's did come with both the standard windshields and bubbles, you mentioned you don't have the bubbles and Al mentions the Torino with the jet. Both hulls were the same. We'd sure love some pictures. Have you found any number plates on the hull that also would indicate the model.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-02-2017 at 10:31am
I was doing some digging and found this ad for the boat. Letter is interesting.

https://boats-from-usa.com/correct-craft/correct-craft-separator-173-39834
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 12:46pm
Here are some pics. I have started taking things apart.

connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 1:13pm
I tried buying that boat im interested in seeing how fast and how it drives.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

I'm designing a new tunnel

I'm interested in your design process. Do you use special software?

Yes I use Jim Russell's tunnel boat software for preliminary design. I have other software that I helped developed in school for analysing wings flying close to the ground. Other than that and some spreadsheets I also developed...... It's pretty much the same process as designing an airplane except the ground effect changes the aerodynamic forces and you have to take into account the sponsons touching the water of course. We did some wind tunnel testing on the model in the pics. Knowing what has worked/failed in the past and spending time in the seat is pretty important....they don't stabilize themselves like airplane and there is some voodoo involved...not an exact science for sure. There is new software called cfd that can model what is going on but it is very time consuming and expensive. I have a big cnc machine so it's cheaper for me to build protos and test at this point.

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 1:57pm

...... It's pretty much the same process as designing an airplane except the ground effect changes the aerodynamic forces and you have to take into account the sponsons touching the water of course. We did some wind tunnel testing on the model in the pics. . . I have a big cnc machine so it's cheaper for me to build protos and test at this point.

So what is the design goal?

I have gotten pulled into the drag boat culture (See Cross The Line Racing ) We are always looking for ways to be lighter and faster. It would be interesting to see what you are developing, how fast your running, etc. COOL STUFF!!!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 2:05pm
Chris,
Is that a bilge pump thru hull on the port side near the stem or a fuel tank vent? If so, it's an odd place for it.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

...... It's pretty much the same process as designing an airplane except the ground effect changes the aerodynamic forces and you have to take into account the sponsons touching the water of course. We did some wind tunnel testing on the model in the pics. . . I have a big cnc machine so it's cheaper for me to build protos and test at this point.

So what is the design goal?

I have gotten pulled into the drag boat culture (See Cross The Line Racing ) We are always looking for ways to be lighter and faster. It would be interesting to see what you are developing, how fast your running, etc. COOL STUFF!!!

Yeah I see that Allison. I have a 14r now and we grew up with those. We did mostly lake racing which is more well suited to mod-vp/tunnel hulls. The new allisons are awesome in a straight line but you can't keep up with a tunnel with rough water, roostertails and the like. The key will be to match the step design with the aero-lift so that you can run flat without loosing speed. I'm looking at 120mph with a 400r and the boat will be drivable.....even the stv's are not great at turning...you have to hook em and stab it and that makes most people crap their pants. So, a great looking boat that looks like a ferrari in the cockpit and handles and runs like a dream without having to be a f16 pilot or spend 2million bucks on mercury racing v8's and #6 drives.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Chris,
Is that a bilge pump thru hull on the port side near the stem or a fuel tank vent? If so, it's an odd place for it.

Theres a bilge pump and bilge blower. I'm gonna change some of the rigging....like you say there are some oddities.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by connorssons connorssons wrote:

I tried buying that boat im interested in seeing how fast and how it drives.
I'll let you know. I'm going to put a droop snoot on it and a ride plate along with whatever mods I can do to the motor without taking it out. If I can get her up on the inner spray rails she might do 70 or so we'll see. I'm not up jets but will be soon.
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:36pm
Where in Orlando are u. Would like to see the old correct craft call me and leave message   407-679-7400
woodyelc
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:41pm
Boy, I'm starting to feel like I'm on Screamandfly.com but that's a good thing
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:42pm
I'm in palmetto just north of bradenton. Not orlando....2hrs.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Boy, I'm starting to feel like I'm on Screamandfly.com but that's a good thing
That's hillarious. I have both sites up on my laptop right now. Just sold my old 1500xs yesterday on s&f.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 5:57pm

If I can get her up on the inner spray rails she might do 70 or so

"Spray rail"?? Do you mean "lifting strake"??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 6:08pm
Yeah. I interchange those sometimes. It's the part that makes the water go down... Sometimes I call the jet boat a jet ski mistakenly too.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 8:13pm
Thank you for answering the design question.

I would like to follow your project long term.

Do you post on another website (my 1st guess) if so, please post the link.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote separator71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 10:12pm
You want to follow the tunnel boat or the separator? Sounds like the tunnel boat but just making sure...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-04-2017 at 11:55pm
Yes, tunnel boat. Separator, I think, will be covered here.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-05-2017 at 12:53am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

Yes, tunnel boat. .

Chris,
What's up? Turning the jetjon into a tunnel?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic