NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stevea's boat??

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stevea's boat??
    Posted: January-11-2016 at 6:10am
Steve,
We'll start a new thread and hopefully with some pictures we can ID your boat model. If it is 19', CC made 3 models. All used the same hull but had different trim levels and equipment. Here's a link to the brochure - scroll to the right to the 19' page.. and here's the picture:

In the text, it says up to a 400 HP (427) Interceptor was available!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 7:41pm
Steve,
Look for an aluminum serial # tag. Typically they are fastened to a main stringer next to the engine. It will start with a letter or two which ID's the model. Then numbers which is simply a sequential numbering as the hulls were built. Hopefully it's still there. If you find the number, our member Art Cozier, a retired CC employee may be able to look up the records on the boat. Finding out what engine the factory put in it would be interesting. I know from one of his posts, Art is backed up on the requests so patience is needed. In the mean time, don't forget pictures if you have some.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2016 at 7:59pm
Cool old sheet. So....Converting the 1964 chrysler $5934 price would be $45k today.
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2016 at 11:58pm
Can I share or confirm some info while we're waiting for Stevea ?
I hope we didn't scare him off.

I knew Steve's dad, and worked on several of their family boats.
I worked for Phil Jr at Malibu for 7 years before going to Links and then restored boats for Pete Gore in the 90's.
Phil's son in law Bob Glover took over the Correct Craft dealership in 1983.
Phil, Bob and Art Cozier were instrumental in delivering the first Barefoot to be used in a Lake Ozark water show. There's an article about it in one of the Correct Craft Tribunes.

Anyway, I mentioned a 409 CC back in Bill's 19 Marauder thread, I hadn't thought about it till Steve mentioned his.   I thought it was Steve's 409 we had in the shop, until he said his was Champagne. So, this means there are two 409 CC's somewhere. I distinctly remember a 409 powered CC in the shop at Malibu and pretty sure it was a Grand Prix in the Mahogany gel. I've never seen Steve's Champagne 19 but I have no reason to doubt it's an original 409 boat.

stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 12:25am
Sorry guys had a death in the family Iknow for sure the 409 is the original motor its a crusador 230 hp the second one from the bottom on the 19 ft. brochure after reading that paper i guess the color was samone instead of champange. We always called it the pink boat. Funny story i have 4 brothers and 1 sister my dad was a big guy my brothers and i are all pretty big guys and my dad would always tease about his 4 tough boys skiing behind that pink boat.anyway i wont be able to get any pictures until spring boat is buried in a shed with 65 other boats for the winter.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 12:37am
So sorry to hear of this Steve.

We can wait for the boat pics.

And yes I had a pink CC Mustang
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 12:58am
DrCC its good to read about links and pete gore i still have my dads thompson and 1956 17ft. chris runabout my brother still has his 1939 barrel back Brother has a 19ft. 1969 wildcot ans im not sure what year his southwind is but yea were still pretty much boat poor. Any my boat is now a torquise and white has always had copper bottom paint on it painted yhe boat as soon as i bought it from my dad. Ihad the boat in petes shop behind the hospital once it needed new stringers but he told ne too just do it myself that he was to busy and it wasnt hard to do. Ibought new rub rail and e few things from a dealer in indiana when i painted the boat and when i told the guy in the parts department the hull number he started asking me all kinds of questions.He said he was involed in building are designing my boat.Asked if the transom had two plugs glued in where the exhaust pipe holes were cut in the wrong place i told him it looked like when they cut them the second time the cut about half of the plugs back out. Why he asked i dont know he then asked about the motor box having a scoop cut into the top and a bench seat. Itold him yes he said if i ever wanted to sell call him first dont remember his nome but he was all worked up about it.Sorry this is so long that water ski show you wrote about me and two of my brothers took my boat down there twwo weekends in a row because there boat wouldnt pull the three of us out of the water barefoot at the sama time i wonder if thats why they got that boat you talked about
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 1:10am
Sorry to be so long winded but i forgot to mention the guy in indiana also told me he thought their was only three 19ft. boats that had the 409s in them i kinda understood him to say that the boats cams out late in the 1964 model year thats why he remembered this. True or not dont know but thats what i remember
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 1:27am
Maybe Bruce Foust in Indiana.

That's funny about the water show and good chance the reason they had to get a Barefoot Nautique.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 2:03am
Bruce Whatshisnuts
Fautz??
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 2:05am
Obviously I should refresh the page before posting.

HOWEVER, last time I saw him he was working at the plant in Orlando...
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 2:28am
Steve don't worry about being long winded, this is really interesting and fun to read the history of those boats. So the 409 pulled the 3 of you fairly large guys up barefoot from deep water starts, that's awesome.

Out of curiosity, could a later 220 HP or 240 HP 351 pull 3 large guys up barefoot deep?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 2:47am
when the boat pulled three of us out of the water we were all still in high school and wrestled 155 165 185lbs it came with a 13x14 prop we put a 14x16 on it to keep the rpm down a bit and i know it doesnt make since but the boat has a whole lot better hole shot better power for skiing and more top end.I have a 1994 sea doo xp runs maybe 50 from a dead stop it cant get away from my boat until about 35 mph that prop makes that much difference
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 6:27am
Steve,
Thanks for the very interesting history. We can wait for the pictures. I'm sure glad you found us.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by 63 Skier 63 Skier wrote:

Steve don't worry about being long winded, this is really interesting and fun to read the history of those boats. So the 409 pulled the 3 of you fairly large guys up barefoot from deep water starts, that's awesome.

Out of curiosity, could a later 220 HP or 240 HP 351 pull 3 large guys up barefoot deep?

The 351 that was in our 78 ski pulled 4 out of the deep. 180 Ib average. It helps if none of them start like anchors. I think we went two on their butts and two on their belly (to tumble up). I remember it took a big set of lungs too!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 3:20pm
Yup, I've seen stock 351w's pull 3-4 deeps when propped appropriately. I've seen a stock big block pull up 6, though it was propped down a bit. I don't think I've done more than 2 deeps behind a 302, but I bet 3 is doable.

409 powered cc's, too cool. Pics please!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2016 at 5:09pm
welcome aboard!

Looking forward on seeing some pictures too!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2016 at 10:34pm
hi guys i dug out some pictures and tried to post them and idont know if they are wrong size are what had a friend who knows how to work a computer good and they couldnt figure it out it might be my old computer any help will be appreicated thanks steve
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2016 at 10:58pm
Steve,
Are you or your friends using the "post reply" and NOT the "quick reply? Do use the post rely and click on the icon of the tree with the up arrow. The box that comes up will allow you to browse your computer for the picture(s). You can also us a web photo hosting site such as photobucket. Many here do including myself.Telling us what you have tried will help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 9:23am
You can also email the pics to me and I can post them: trbenj@gmail.com
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2016 at 11:14pm
my friend will be over tomorrow afternoon ill have her try again if not i will email them to you thanks for the help
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 5:10pm

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 5:23pm
Very nice.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 5:59pm
Beautiful boat! Tournament Skier?
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 6:29pm
I dug those pictures out ill take some this spring steve
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 7:13pm
With the center walk thru windshield, it looks like the Collegian.
Steve,
Did you ever get a chance to look for the serial number plate? If it's still on the boat, the letter prefix would tell the model for sure..

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 7:23pm
more like a crawl through, even for Zach
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 7:59pm
what a color!
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 11:24pm
I told you it never had a tag what it does have is 1901 stamped into the port stringer just behind the trans. Aiso under the back seat kinda on the kick plate are the front of the back seat if that makes since it has 1901 stamped into the wood there aiso. The titie says 1901 no letters are anything else. I have replaced the stringers in the boat i would of seen any kind of tag.
stevea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-12-2016 at 11:31pm
You cant walk thru that winshield it opens up from the bottom in fact the rubber hinge is ripped thru so i just take out the middle part in the summer i would like to buy some of that rubber hinge if anybody knows where to get it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic