NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Epic end of the Season 2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Epic end of the Season 2015
    Posted: November-23-2015 at 1:16pm
Had Timmy & Sara plus Zach spend the weekend with us (11/12/15 - 11/16/15), had a great time!!

On Friday (the 13th) Timmy and HW did a double barefoot run, water temp 52deg at the surface, air temp 44deg with very strong winds out of the west, horrible conditions in every way, lol

Sara, Zach and I were smart enough to stay out of the water and up front with the heater cranking!!

That night some knucklhead went and got himself all hitched up and stuff, even had a George Washington impersonator do the ceremony, who happened to do an OUTSTANDING job BTW!!

After that a bit of a blur.......

Saturday we visited HW's new pad and boat yard, drank a bunch of beers and visited a few of wisco's finest establishments. Sorry no pics, but one of HW playing drunken patron unable to stand would have been great, even the bartender asked "he's just joking around...right??" LMAO

Then we found ourselves back on the water Sunday, much better conditions, air temp in the mid 60's, Sunny and very nice day. All good and at the end of the day the 206 left the lift for the season, back on the trailer, 11/15/2015. By Monday AM all our guests were on their way home.

The weather quickly turned, Monday PM did a quick drain, Friday finished winterizing and stuffed it in the garage about 5pm.

Friday evening around 6pm it started snowing and kept snowing until Saturday afternoon. Of course still had the Piers and a couple lifts in

Sunday 11/22/15 afternoon I shoveled my Piers, lmao, measured about 14" of snow, apparently the piers also passed the snow load test, and it was wet and heavy!! What a difference a week makes!!

Another season behind us, was a great year and looking forward to 2016!!
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 1:36pm
Quote Qinner" That night some knucklhead went and got himself all hitched up and stuff, even had a George Washington impersonator do the ceremony, who happened to do an OUTSTANDING job BTW!!"

Congratulations! How many people in that photo are there because of CCF?

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 2:50pm
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 2:50pm
about 12 CCF related guests
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

about 12 CCF related guests

He blew off the other 100 guys he hangs with!

Congrats Brother we're all happy for you. Jackie 2 fits right in with the rest of us misfits. She's stuck with us now!

CQ.... y'all can keep that weather all to yourselves.... That just doesn't look like fun to deal with day in and day out. C'mon Spring!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 4:44pm

Congrats!

We had power out from about lunchtime on Saturday until 8PM or so Sunday, put 30 hours on the generator but we were toasty warm inside and the beer was ice cold in the fridge with the house running off a transfer switch. Thing of beauty!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Congrats Brother we're all happy for you. Jackie 2 fits right in with the rest of us misfits. She's stuck with us now!

CQ.... y'all can keep that weather all to yourselves.... That just doesn't look like fun to deal with day in and day out. C'mon Spring!

Same here with the congratulations Kevin.

All that snow back home and we didn't get any up here! With opening day Saturday, the hunters were complaming there wasn't any to track the deer. We do however have some ice forming on the lakes.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 5:40pm
Congrats Hollywood and Jackie
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 5:53pm
Fun weekend! Crazy how fast things can change weather wise, ha. Shoveling the dock, that's a new one, lol.
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 6:01pm
Epic end to be sure. Congratulations to you Kevin and good luck, I mean best wishes to Jackie.
I begin to shiver below 72 deg and so can never imaging how you folks get in the water at those temps. We're talking serious shrinkage here. Did this event occur before the marriage consumation? Hmmm.
The value of money spent on new adventure far exceeds the value of money saved for the future
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 6:08pm
Shoveling the dock is some sort of code right?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 6:10pm
I bet you guys froze your butts off skiing in 44 degree temps. It has been cold and raw here the past couple days, but at least we haven't had snow yet.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 6:17pm
Not sure Tim skis enough in early/late season to justify owning a nice drysuit but I even offered one to him and he declined. I used to ski in long wetsuits in those temps, it's plenty doable, but the drysuit makes for less wet gear to carry around and hang up. Also, when it gets in the THIRTIES, drysuit is a must.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

but at least we haven't had snow yet.

That's what I said yesterday to Morfoot - sure enough this morning there was enough to make driving slippery.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 6:45pm
Congratulations!
Js
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 7:07pm
Congrats to Hollywood and Jackie !!!!!!!!!!
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 7:30pm
Congrats Hollywood!
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
FredWSauer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FredWSauer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 8:50pm

Thanks for the pics!
- FWS
1993 Ski Nautique
1978 Glastron T-160
1994 Weeres Pontoon - Wife's Boat
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 8:57pm
Thanks for hosting the mini reunion this year Mr. Q. Your little slice of heaven on Deep Lake is a sweet spot. Even though my shaft decided to eat my blower hose (yea just like it sounds) we had an awesome time. Especially since you freely handed me the keys to Gary's boat for the afternoon without him knowing.

you guys got WAAYYYYY more snow than we did. good god.

Chris
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Frankenotter Frankenotter wrote:

Especially since you freely handed me the keys to Gary's boat for the afternoon without him knowing.   

That's some sort of code too right Chris? Chris?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 10:09pm
Kind of like code words but more along the lines of code names like in raising Arizona, like Gale .said, "you all hear that, were using code names"

So now that HW is married he is certainly going to need a new code name, as HW does not suit a Married man, perhaps his CC brothers can help him come up with a new one??

Also going to miss the Caddy which soon will be swapped out for a minivan with a trailer hitch, hopefully one with on operable dash and gas gauge
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 10:38pm
Nicknames kinda stick no matter if your single or not. TimBob doesn't really fit as far as I'm concerned but cphase AKA Jeffro started calling me that around the Deen boys and it's stuck ever since. Works well when I'm around Trbenj a lot cause we both know which Tim is being called.

HW will always be HW. Been calling him that from day one and after 10 years I don't see me changing now but if we were to call him something else I guess JB would work....."Jackies Beotch"
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2015 at 11:54pm
That explains the 2 am texts last weekend. Congrats HW
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 12:14am
That's amazing. Congrats HW and Jackie
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 2:36am

HW: Congratulations!!!! If it doesn't pan out getting married on Friday 13th by a skiing buddy with an 0n-line ordination will get you off every time!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 5:03am
Congratulations Hollywood what a way to kick off a marriage.
You might thing about doing this in August so your trips on the water are a little warmer.
Maybe celebrate your Anniversary 2 mos early each year or snow ski on the anniversary.
Looks like a very fun wedding. Well done.
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 9:41am
Congratulations!
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 10:19am
Congratulations Hollywood.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

TimBob doesn't really fit as far as I'm concerned

I beg to differ

Congrats HW!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2015 at 5:27pm
Congratulations Kevin and Jackie! Best of luck and many fun years ahead of you!

Too bad you pulled the boat that day, could have done a dock start sitting in the snow at the end of the dock!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic