Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Florida!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Florida!
    Posted: November-19-2015 at 11:54pm
The family and I are going to take a break from the winter wonderland of New England this February and go visit sunny Florida! We're coming in for a week starting the 9th. Our trip will include the area of Bonita Springs where my in laws live and up to Orlando for a romp thru Disney.
So that my entire vacation isn't filled with shuffle board and singing dwarfs I'm hoping to schedule some time to get together and have a beer with fellow CCF members if at all possible!
One of the other ideas was to possibly book some time at one of the ski/barefoot schools to up or rather start (improve!?!) my bare footing skills. Have any of you been to any of the schools or have any recemendations? We will have a car so getting around shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Thanks for your input and hopefully I or we will see you in February!
John
Old school goin back to school!
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:02am
John,

How about the J Bear and Eddie School of footing near Lakeland Florida?   Ask for the Adam Dean Butt Glide Class !!!!!       

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:28am
Hey John,
Eddie, Jbear and I live in or near Winter Haven. Winter Haven has a bunch of ski schools, one of them is the World Barefoot Center.
WBC

I know if I am around, I would be glad pull you around Lake Elbert, and Eddie and Jbear are around, they are pretty easy to convince that they need to ski or foot. Are you bringing wetsuits with you? We have some various sizes here. It takes about 30 minutes from Winter Haven to get to Disney. We also have Legoland in town. Let me know if you have more questions.
Tom
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

John,

How about the J Bear and Eddie School of footing near Lakeland Florida?   Ask for the Adam Deen Butt Glide Class !!!!!       

Donald

Winner.

Although you may have never met them before, you can't ask for nicer guys and better teachers. Seascamper's not so bad himself either!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 8:33am
Have fun, bring the sticks too. There are some very nice courses in the Bonita N Naples area. I'm about 40 minutes South. The '79 rolls out most Sundays if you need a pull.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 10:03am
Definetely give Eddie and John a call! Super nice guys, and excellent footers!

If you plan on going to barefoot school, I can recommend WBC, I was there once, and had a blast!
Lane Bowers is also in the area and I also seems like a nice guy..He give good advice every time I post barefoot videos on FB...
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 10:52am
I've heard nothing but good about WBC, but I bet JBears and Eddies rates are better, I understand that a tank of gas and a six pack, and well, maybe a bottle of Captain, will get you a full days lesson.
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:31pm
There is also a good tubing school available.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 9:10pm
John,

If you take the kids to Lego Land ( AKA: Cypress Gardens) tell the lady at the ticket booth that you what one of the SPECIAL tickets to the Museum to see d*ck Pope's 80 Ski Nautique that is on display. It has blue trim.

Just call me your travel agent.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 11:51pm
can't wait to meet you....we'll share seacamper's private lake.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2015 at 9:15pm
Guys,
Thanks so much for the input! Trying to put some plans in motion and I will let you know how it plays out!

Donald,
After having seen the '80 Ski Nautique run at White Lake and had the privilege of helping you load her on her trailer, I don't think I could handle seeing her on static display........ Possibly in a few years I'll be able to stop by for a quick visit!
Old school goin back to school!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic