Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a late 80 or early 90 SN

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
EKirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EKirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a late 80 or early 90 SN
    Posted: November-19-2015 at 3:56pm
I looking to buy a late 1980's to early 1990 SN. I live in NC
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 6:13pm
craigslist is going to be your friend, check the craigslist finds post too good luck on your search
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 6:19pm
I found mine on ski-it-again.com Keep and eye out there too.

gdenkman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gdenkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 6:28pm
If you go to the For Sale section, you will several models that fit your search criteria.
94 Ski Nautique
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 7:01pm
dgray007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dgray007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 7:30pm
I have one that has been restored in the for sale section on this site, located in michigan...
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 7:51pm
You could by my 89 (in my signature)    

I am looking to buy a 97-99 Ski Nautique.
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Sampson 182 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sampson 182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 8:13pm
I too am from NC. Just hang around craigslist and keep searching for ski nautique. Good places to keep an eye are around Raliegh , Charlotte , and Fayettville.These areas have high numbers of Nautique's available cause of lots of Lakes and Nautique dealerships in the area.
Ga Sportsman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ga Sportsman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 9:14pm
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/boa/5217509589.html

Not sure if it's still available but this was in Atlanta a month ago
EKirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EKirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 10:02pm
The link did not work
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Sampson 182 Sampson 182 wrote:

I too am from NC. Just hang around craigslist and keep searching for ski nautique. Good places to keep an eye are around Raliegh , Charlotte , and Fayettville.These areas have high numbers of Nautique's available cause of lots of Lakes and Nautique dealerships in the area.

If you watch Craigslist, they do come up a lot, all over North Carolina. Winter could be a good time to buy price wise, but may not be as good in terms of convincing the seller of the need for a thorough water test. If you are patient, you can probably find what you are looking for at a reasonable price without driving too far. Without looking hard, there are 3 pretty close to Raleigh/Durham on Craigslist that fit your description. There is one recent ad for an 87 in NC in the site's for sale section. White Lake Marine has an 85 listed at $7,900.

What are you planning to use it for?
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
EKirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EKirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 9:29am
I am a course skier and I am in the process of building a house on a lake that does have a course on it. I want a boat that is half way decent to free ski behind. I am keeping my membership at the lake that I belong to so that I can continue to ski the course. Most of my money is tied up in building the house so I don't have a lot of money to spend on a boat but I can't move to a lake without a boat.
EKirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EKirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 9:30am
The link to the boat that is list on this sight did not work not the Atlanta link.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 9:42am
Originally posted by EKirby EKirby wrote:

The link to the boat that is list on this sight did not work not the Atlanta link.

The link did not work

Maybe the link was corrected since it worked for me just now this morning.

Atlanta link

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 9:45am
instead of picking a boat, why not start by telling us what your budget is and how far you're willing to travel. for example, let's say you have 6k, so late 80, early 90 seems reasonable. maybe somebody on here knows of a 95 that you could get for 6, but it's 10 hours away. from NC you got a lot of options. and there's a lot of guys here who are real good at finding deals.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
EKirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EKirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 10:00am
My budget is around $6k. I am willing to travel for the right boat. I am looking at the boat in Atlanta that is listed in this tread. That is about 5 hours away.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 10:26am
If you are skier Id opt for a NWZ 90 and up boat. Better yet a 93 and up, so you avoid the wooden stringer boats.
If you search they come ofter in that price range.

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 10:29am
From 92 and up also a HO engine rated 285hp option came available vs the base 245hp offered in the previous years...
Search for ProBoss engine, ford 351W power plants.
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 11:12am
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

From 92 and up also a HO engine rated 285hp option came available vs the base 245hp offered in the previous years...
Search for ProBoss engine, ford 351W power plants.

Plus be very careful looking at 91 to 94's with the Protec ignitions if a conversion hasn't been made. You can read all about the conversions here. If the boat hasn't been converted, you may want to factor in the cost with your budget since sooner or later the system will fail..

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 11:43am
The "what do you want it for" question was to help think about the hull. I would choose a 80-89 2001 for wakeboarding (we slalom behind ours, the kids get some pretty serious slalom air sometimes...I am hoping it will help them learn to get on edge better during the pull , 90 to 94 for slalom ), As mentioned, post 90 = NWZ, a good slalom hull. Post 93 = no wood. It may be hard to find and NWZ in the six range, but it has been done; it never hurts to make an offer.

Where are you building?
89 SN
EKirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EKirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 11:57am
Lake Royale. It is near Bunn, NC
EKirby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EKirby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:03pm
I know what boat I want but the budget is the problem. Ideally I want the a 97-99 hull but that is not in the cards. My family owns a 90 and that would be the second choice of hulls.
geecee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:14pm
For skiing I would shy away from the late 80s "2001" hull and rather get an early 90s boat.

Yes I ski behind my '83 but that wall of water in the middle likes to test your knees
1983 Ski Nautique '2001'
-Chev 350 Mercruiser
-Custom Wake Tower
-Custom Interior
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:36pm
Agreed, 1990-1992 is your best chance at finding a decent slalom boat at or near your price range. If you can stretch it to 7-8k, that would likely find you a pretty nice boat if you're willing to travel (rarely do the aggressively priced gems pop up in your back yard). Even a late 2001 in nice shape commands more than $6k, unfortunately.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 12:56pm
There was a Platinum Edition 95 Ski Nautique with 150 hours listed on this site last week.   I thought that was underpriced for the model and hours.
150 hours is near brand new even though the boat is so old. I would stretch for it if still available.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 1:48pm
The slalom wake is a small price to pay for the rumble of the dual exhaust pre 89.
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 2:28pm

My budget is around $6k. I am willing to travel for the right boat. I am looking at the boat in Atlanta that is listed in this tread. That is about 5 hours away.

There is a mechanically inclined ATL CCFAN who just happens to also have a red 2001....since you're 5 Hours away maybe he'd be willing to go take a peek?
1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 2:59pm
'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2015 at 3:01pm
1999 SN $6000

Seems super cheap, but never hurts to look into it.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2015 at 4:59am
Looks great with great expensive options, (tower) but How many Hours and is the interior good.
A new interior can cost $2,500 or more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic