Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2002 SAN Winterization

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Adamjbarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamjbarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2002 SAN Winterization
    Posted: November-18-2015 at 1:20pm
Does anyone have the diagram on the plug locations to drain water? Apparently i have been winterizing all wrong and have been getting lucky. Thanks!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 1:34pm
Which motor do you have?
Any accessories like shower, heater, dripless packing, ballast, etc.?
Adamjbarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamjbarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 1:36pm
No accessories. 5.7 Excalibur. Hard ballast tanks.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 1:50pm
For the tanks just be sure they are empty and then run the pump(s) in both directions several times to ensure no water is there.

Owners manual should have a diagram, if you don't have 1 check the reference section here or on planet Nautique.

Excal will have a strainer to empty, 1 plug at the trans cooler, 1 plug at the J-Pipe, 1 plug in the block + 1 knock sensor in the block and 2 exh manifold plugs, I also pull my impeller since it's so easy to do. You may have a plug in the VDrive so be sure and check that with the diagram. Once all the water is drained I put everything back together and then suck-up some pink stuff for peace of mind, that is up to you as a drain only should be fine.

What have you been doing that is wrong??
Adamjbarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamjbarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 2:05pm
I have just never pulled the plugs. My buddy works at PCM and we have been talking about it as well.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-18-2015 at 2:17pm
Drain first for sure, it's pretty easy on the Excal. I use Teflon tape on all the plugs before re-installing, do not use any on the knock sensor though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic