NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 Perfect Pass Pics

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT-40 Perfect Pass Pics
    Posted: November-11-2015 at 9:50pm
Anybody here got some pictures of a perfect pass install on a GT-40. I am trying to figure out the best placement of the servo motor and how to run the cable to throttle control.,

Thanks,
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2015 at 10:13pm
Realized there are probably different GT-40's so here is a picture of my engine
96 Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2015 at 11:36pm
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2015 at 11:41pm
Perfect, thanks.
96 Super Sport
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2015 at 2:22am
I think that spot is very common.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2015 at 8:26am
That's where ours was mounted

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
SteveHookEm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveHookEm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2015 at 1:40pm
Mine's there too.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2015 at 10:25pm
I am going to add Perfect Pass Star Gazer, because I am a star, to my 2002 Sport Nautique this winter and I have found that if you go to Perfect Pass's Web-Site they have some good U-Tube presentations on installations and several on-line manuals for all of their products that you can download. I found their site to be very helpful to tell me what was going to be involved with the install. Here is the title of the manual that I will be using:

StarGazer - Wake Edition
Mechanical
Installation Instructions

Gary,

There is a problem, your GT40 is suppose to be in the back of your boat.

I hope this helps,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-12-2015 at 10:45pm
Mine is the prototype 702 twin engined boat for the failed Circuit of the America's tube park Don.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2015 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Mine is the prototype 702 twin engined boat for the failed Circuit of the America's tube park Don.

Ah !!!!!   Sounds very rare indeed !!   
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2016 at 10:56pm
I Installed Perfect Pass Stargazer in my boat today Mostly the install went well but installing the throttle cable connection was a real pain. The location is not easily accessible on the GT40 and I had an issue with getting the throttle cable to fit once I replaced the ball joint with the L adapter.

I couldn't get the cable to fit with the new adapter using the same hole on the throttle control lever. The only way I could get a fit was to move the L adapter to the second hold.

Here is a pic illustrating the original install. The red arrow is where the adapter was originally installed, the green arrow is where I now have it installed.

Here is a pic of what the install looks like now.

Perfect pass instructions state to use the original location on the throttle control lever. I don't know what the implications are of me moving the throttle. Is it an issue that I move the connection point.

As far as I can tell the new location may affect idle, WOT and the sensitivity of the throttle.

96 Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 11:01am
I would doubt it's a problem with the perfect pass servo. Yes, it may react at a slightly different rate but once speed is found I think it will modulate it just fine. I'd be more worried about WOT travel. Can you move the throttle to WOT, note the location of the lever, then disconnect the cable and see if there's more travel? You've definitely reduced the full travel location of the lever from previous, but depends on total cable travel.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 8:52pm
Thanks David,

As long as it's not going to cause major issues, I'll see how it runs and try moving it when I have some time. Hoping to put the boat in the water this weekend, assuming my new baby girl doesn't come first. Due to the impending arrival im a little short on time to work on the boat.

Not really sure what I was doing yesterday. It was a bit of a long day and this was the last thing I was working on.Thinking about it, I figure I should get the clearance I need if I opened the throttle. I feel like I would've tried this yesterday but I don't remember if I did.. I'll try this when I get a chance to work on it again.
96 Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2016 at 9:10pm
I guess I don't know if our controls have a built in stop, or are stopped by the end of throttle lever travel. If the former, might limit WOT.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your delivery!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2018 at 11:16pm
I purchased Perfect Pass Stargazer this week. The instructions came with a extra page / Picture for the GT40 specific installation. It shows you need to go to that middle location just like Paul (Blamey) had to do to make it work. Apparently, others had the same question and call Perfect Pass and they decided to add this to the original instructions. I am just updating this post for others thinking about this project.

Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic