Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

92 Nautique Excel Rebuild

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 92 Nautique Excel Rebuild
    Posted: October-30-2015 at 2:12am
Any of you out there have any interest in rebuilding a 92 Nautique Excel? I can't get the pictures to load right now, but I've got several. I got the boat as a donor, to finish another project. Before I start taking it apart with a chainsaw, I thought I'd check here to see if there was any interest.
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2015 at 10:13am
Where are ya - Alabama? And what ya got..? Please email or PM me.
Steve
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2015 at 1:06pm
Yes, pictures would be nice. Need to know how much "rebuilding" is required.
If you want to email them to me that is fine too: malcolm2@yahoo.com
barefootjames View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barefootjames Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2015 at 11:01pm
I would also like to get some additional pictures too, the asking price, and the exact location in Bama.

You could email the info to me at: jdwinusa@yahoo.com
2005 Super Air Nautique Team Edition Blue/Black Reverse Color Hull
1997 Ski Nautique White/Blue/Black Sold
1997 Ski Nautique White/Black - Sold
1991 Barefoot Nautique White/Medium Blue/Light Blue - Sold
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2015 at 11:07pm
I'm in Fairhope AL, all the way down on the bottom. I've had a bunch of computer issues; Android won't let you browse for photos, I updated the OS on my Mac and now it won't recognize my wireless adapter. Having to use my work computer, which I don't like to do. I'll get some more photos tomorrow.
So, to the point, that is, to the boat. The interior is shot. It's all there, but its gone. I'm pretty solid on my SN Knowledge, but as for the Excel, I don't know much. It doesn't appear to have any wood (floor at least).. I know the SN went away from wood completely in 93. I'm gonna cherry pick the engine parts for my 93 SN NWZ. I'm told the engine is locked up so I'm gonna take what is good off this one and trade it, so it will be complete, but not functional. But, that's it's current state, so you're not losing much. I'm also keeping the trailer.
So, what I'm offering is a complete boat, but needing full engine overhaul, and some new parts I'm sure, no trailer. Like I said, we're about to start taking it down, and I just hate seeing a Nautique torn down.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2015 at 11:19pm
Steve,

I know you have the gauges for it. LOL !!!

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-30-2015 at 11:38pm
The excel has wood stringers.

The trailer has limited use to anyone but an excel owner as the axle position is designed for a V Drive and the wishbone spacing and bunk supports are designed for the excel. It won't fit a SKI Nautique or other direct drives... And is not well suited for later V Drives.... Its kinda specific....

It would be worth something for dash, running gear, v drive, etc.... But not worth a lot coming to get without the trailer too.

Rod just went through that on his Scarpa boat... He or I would be the most likey around these parts.. Email me at 78skitique at gmail.com... Thanks
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2015 at 1:32am
@air206 that's some fantastic info. Not good news, but after getting my first good look at the trailer, I was thinking that was the case. With that info, the trailer is in far better condition than I would ever expect to find a 92 trailer in, even galvanized. I Just trailered it from Ocean Springs MS with not a single issue. I took two grease guns, a spare tire and a spare hub. They weren't even warm, and I checked several times. I've got a partner in this, so I'll talk over our new trailer info in the morning. Dash pod, gauges, running gear, all is complete. the only thing that appears to be truly missing is the bottom cushion of the "bath tub". And as far as wood stringers go, I have not found anything soft yet, but I'll keep looking.
I'm hoping the weather stays nice enough for me to spend the morning on the slalom course, but I'll let you know as soon as I dig a little more.
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2015 at 12:37pm
Cranberry / Gray are my favorite colors ....... from the looks of that gel chalking, the locked up engine, need for a galvanized trailer around the gulf and the shedding interior - that poor girl has had a hard life. She looks just like Rod's "Scarpa" boat that was wet through and through....,. He thought it was dry upon feeling the floor.

Excels rot from the forward engine cradle locations ..... check out the stringers under the rear seat (lift out access panel). Cracked glass and disbonding there is BAAAAD.

This Excel was thought to be solid too.........

I would love to see it but traveling that far for a rotten boat without a trailer is a stretch.
Email me pics as you learn more please.

Steve
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2015 at 6:07pm
I'm thinking about the trailer situation It's so nice I am afraid to let it go.
I will say it again, that trailer is rust free, even the brakes and the engine hours are low. It leads me to believe this was a river/lake boat. The hours are at 445, also makes me think someone failed to winterize and then just let the thing sit out, and the sun cooked it. It's remarkably complete, but wildly neglected. Who buys a Nautique and treats it like that? Crazy. Also added all photos. @air206 I still have found no trace of stringer rot, but I'm not discounting your concern. When I pull the engine I'll have a way better idea.
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2015 at 6:13pm
Sent you a pm- just missed this boat off craigslist..
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 11:27am
I don't think anyone knows what your thinking of selling that for. Certainly no PMs or emails this way.... To much a pig in a poke for me.

I hope it really is solid and someone can do something with it other than stripping her down.. On the other hand, Rod is getting good at cutting them up!

... Save the Excels.....
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 1:18pm
Steve-
Patrick has contacted me about saving this excel. Hope I can make the deal happen. His cousin wants to check to see if the trailer will work for a Ski Nautique.   You and I both know the Excel/BFN trailer is hull specific and won't work for a ski. So once that is confirmed by his cousin, I am sure we will be making the deal for this boat.
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 1:32pm
Sorry guys, I've been trying to answer all questions and respond to everyone out here on the main thread, as most questions are the same I've received from each of you.
I'm in this project with my cousin, as Rod says. When I first looked at the trailer I had my doubts, which you guys confirmed.
He gets back in town this weekend and we are pulling engines from this and the NWZ. He'll also be able to take a look at the trailer.
This isn't an instant deal, or I just would have put it out on the main "for sale" page. I wanted to know if it was worth our time to take it easy on the boat while pulling the motor or, if there was no interest, to remove by chainsaw.
I'll let you guys know as soon as the boat is ready to go, and as you are as interested in the trailer as I was, what that adds to the deal.
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2015 at 2:09pm
Shame to see a Cran/Gray go away (again) - drop it off at Jackie Deen's for me. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a CC lawn Ornament for a few months! Ha...........

I'm sure it will get handled when you decide what's what........... thanks for posting here!

Steve
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2015 at 3:34pm
Patrick- sent you a message.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2015 at 2:54pm
did you get my message?
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2015 at 3:43pm
Is that a rare leopard print tach?
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 12:44am
Patrick - sent message
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-19-2015 at 1:20am
how is the rear bench seat bottom skin?it looks ok in photo .just need skin not whole seat.send me a pm on price.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2015 at 11:36pm
Patrick- did you see I sent you some messages? Thanks
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2015 at 2:31am
Patrick, are you still there? Been trying to message you.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-29-2015 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by velde99 velde99 wrote:

Patrick, are you still there? Been trying to message you.

Rod - I think Patrick has left the building.............
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-14-2015 at 2:02am
Yes Steve- seems to have fallen off the grid. Was hoping to take on the project. Maybe he will be back and he will reach out again. 😁
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-28-2015 at 11:52am
Patrick- you still around? Following up again
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2016 at 3:11am

Sorry guys, this project got severely put on hold. The guy with the hardware to move and remove engines and such works out of town and has had very limited availability. Last week we pulled the engine from the SN and broke it down. Got the Excel moved to a spot we can start pulling the engine. We will be keeping the trailer.
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2016 at 3:30am
Patrick,
Pm me if you don't have something figured out with Rod.
Steve
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 11:06am
Patrick- sent you a message again.
aupatking View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aupatking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2016 at 3:34pm
Hey guys, Rod is coming to take her home. I'm glad too, she was about to become project number 7. That boat grew on me pretty fast. Thanks for all there info and interest. Now, somebody help me find a GT40 for the 93 NWZ
02 SN 196 TSC2 ZO
01 SN 196 TSC1
98 SN 196 TSC1
97 SN 196 TSC1
93 SN 196 NWZ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic