Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for info on Prestige Trailers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Strega51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strega51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for info on Prestige Trailers
    Posted: October-03-2015 at 12:29am
My 96 came with a 96 Prestige trailer. Not crazy about it. Nothing like my CC trailer on my 89. The biggest thing I noticed is that there is no protection on the inside of the fenders if the boat shifts over a bit. When driving on trailer. Is there something that is missing to keep the boat from hitting the fender? like the carpeted pice on the CC trailer?
NautiqueJeff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-03-2015 at 1:39am
I have a 1997 Prestige trailer under my new project 1998 Ski Nautique. As you can see, the inner fenders on this particular trailer do have the carpeted piece. I believe that's what you're talking about. I can get better pictures in a few days when the rain stops if you like.

Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 2000 Sport Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)
Strega51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strega51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 12:47am
Yes more pics. would be good so I can see what they are and how they attach. Thanks for the response. I just re-posted because I could not find the post. Than i found it on a search
My bad.
Strega51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strega51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 12:49am
Do you like the trailer?
mooontoast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mooontoast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 1:47am
I just returned to Boat Ownership after a long layoff (kids) this month. I bought a 97 Sport which has a 1996 Prestige Trailer. I was holding my breath driving the boat 700 miles from Alabama to Texas, due to the excessive amount of rust on the trailer. It's a tube steel trailer, which I have decided to replace with an aluminium trailer.

It had the fender boards when I got it, but they floated away (dry-rot) when I put the trailer in the water.

Overall, other than the age, this was probably a good trailer in its early form. It still rides pretty well, but the tube steel is a non-starter for me. Prestige went out of business some time ago. I looked into getting it refurbished, but the price differential in getting it refurbished and buying a new trailer led me the other way.

My trailer will go to the junk yard in about 3 weeks.
1997 Sport Nautique
1997 Super Sport Nautique
sport1999 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sport1999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2015 at 8:58pm
I also have a Prestige that came with my Sport. As you will find, they are almost an exact copy of the Ramlin version of this era. One of the main difference is the torsion axle vs. the leaf springs on the Ramlin. I had to do some research for capacity information for the DMV and most of the reviews I came across were fair to poor over the long term. Jeff is right about the carpet in the wheel wells, it's basically a half circle that screws into small prongs along the edge of the fender. I tend to trailer a good bit with some of my spots at 60 miles round trip and I have no complaints so far.
Strega51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strega51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 10:37pm
Did you notice a lot of tounge weight on your Pristige trailer. My 96 seems real heavy on the tounge. What sucks is that you can't change the position of the boat on the trailer. because the bow stop is fixed and so is the vee stop.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2015 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by Strega51 Strega51 wrote:

Did you notice a lot of tounge weight on your Pristige trailer. My 96 seems real heavy on the tounge. What sucks is that you can't change the position of the boat on the trailer. because the bow stop is fixed and so is the vee stop.

The recommended 10% of the trailer weight will add up! What is the tongue weight?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2015 at 10:33pm

I haven't noticed more tongue weight than normal on mine.

I'll get some additional pictures tomorrow if the storms here let up.
Current Boats: 1998 Ski Nautique, 2000 Sport Nautique, 1985 Sea Nautique 2700 (twin-engine), 1981 Fish Nautique (twin-engine), 1980 Fish Nautique (twin-engine)
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2015 at 11:06pm
Strega51, a couple month back you posted about a 1995 Sport Nautique trailer. I ended up buying a 1995 Sport Nautique up in Canandaigua without a trailer was that the boat you were looking at?
Strega51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strega51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2015 at 11:40pm
Yes but i did not buy it.
Strega51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strega51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2015 at 11:44pm
Yes I agree 10% is the norm. So the tongue should be 500lb. max. I haven't been able to get a wgt. on mine yet. I borrowed a truck scale for my 89. but don't have access to one now.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2015 at 12:26am

Yes but i did not buy it.

Cool, I ended up buying it. Boat needs a little love but it's what I was looking for. Did you test drive it? Any particular reason you didn't buy it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueJeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2015 at 11:13pm
Finally remembered to get some additional pictures of my Prestige trailer for you.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic