NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

boat covers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jsmith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: boat covers
    Posted: October-02-2015 at 9:55am
I am in need of a new cover for my 82SN2001. Any suggestions on where to get a decent cover? I don't need a high end one as my boat is under a canopy during the season and stored inside in the winter but I would like to get one that will last more than a year or two.
thanks for the help. Btw I do have a tower on the boat but I have someone that can alter a standard cover to go around the tower legs. And yes he can make me a custom cove but wasn't looking to spent quite that much money.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 11:55am
I hear the Amish Community around you is pretty reasonable...
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:08pm
Get yourself a nice sunbrella mooring cover if you want a nice long lasting cover. It'll breathe (allow the interior to dry if stored wet) and shed water if you ever need to store outside. I'd go with Angola canvas for that age boat, they're about the only place I'd trust to have the pattern. Should cost you $500 or so, much cheaper than a custom job.

I've tried all brands and materials on the cheaper ($200-300) covers. The fit is crap (unless you go with a cotton cover from Angola) but I just can't get them to last very long. Material doesn't hold up, loses its waterproofing (can't be restored unlike sunbrella).

Go with sunbrella and it should last 15+ years... Maybe longer based on your usage.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2015 at 12:25pm
Try www.skiboatcovers.com or like Tim said. www.angolacanvascompany.com

I know you do not want a High End cover, but those folks are:

www.coversports.net and www.evolutioncovers.com

I just got a Coversport Tower Fit and I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!

Both are located in Washington State.

FYI,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-04-2015 at 4:53pm
K-Mart(perhaps Walmart too) has covers in the $175-$200 range that I use. They come with straps all around, and are waterproof if you use a pvc structure inside.to prevent pooling. Of course Sunbrella is better material, I have that on my big boat, but these work well on the two boats I leave outside. for the price. The "E" size will cover the swim deck and over the front stop. Does your tower fold down? That or removing it will keep out water or unwanted guests better than cutouts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic