Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

$? 1987 Correct Craft Ski Nautique 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ddortman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddortman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: $? 1987 Correct Craft Ski Nautique 2001
    Posted: September-08-2015 at 11:19am
http://wausau.craigslist.org/boa/5170038801.html

Any thoughts on the price of this boat? 784 original miles. Biggest thing I see if $2K worth of upholstery work.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 11:30am
http://wausau.craigslist.org/boa/5170038801.html

It's hard to tell much from those pictures except the nasty water stain.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 11:42am
Seems like a lot of money for a boat that faded and no photos of the interior. Unless the deal is super cheap I would pass and take that 2000 for an interior and buy a 6500-7500 dollar boat and have something much nicer.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 3:07pm
Thanks for fixing the link Paul...

Yeah as others have said really hard to tell. Don't see any interior photos other than the one showing nice looking engine, a crappy boom, and blue carpet . I call this guy a liar for saying it has been stored in doors as it is baddly sun faded/oxidized for less than 800 hours. So if this sits in the water all summer, how is the floor/stringers?

If floor is solid and mechanically sound... I'd think $3,500-4k and a full wet sand/buff/decal job, switch carpet to grey and just have the drivers chair and observers bench and doghouse done. So you would have a nice boat for around $5,300 and some elbow grease.

You would have to be a "PROJECT GUY" for this to be worth it...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 3:17pm
Could be original colors/carpet. The pinstripe is possibly blue. If true, that's a pretty rare color combo (rare =/ valuable). I would expect it to be pretty cleaned up already for that price though.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 4:32pm
I wouldn't expect it to be pristine for that price, but certainly useable. It's starting to get into the "attractive" price range for a late 2001. Exterior certainly isn't consistent with a mint boat, but it would clean up rather inexpensively. Interior replacement is $$$$ (think closer to $4k than 3k for a competent shop).

Agreed that the blue carpet matches the red/blue vinyl stripes and blue pin on the outside. Definitely rare- but for a good reason. Red/white/blue boats are tough to pull off well. They got it right in '73 but not so much in '87...
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 5:51pm
It might be the lighting and just in general poor photography. Interestingly the platform looks well kept. Usually that is the first thing people let go and the last thing someone puts any effort into. Its not the expected sun bleached gray...
tatronation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatronation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 6:38pm
   http://wausau.craigslist.org/boa/5208395346.html

A little bit more money with this one will go a long way.
ddortman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddortman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 6:09pm
Thanks all.... I'm still on the hunt of an end of year deal.... so if you see in or near WI, please let me know. I have room to store so hoping I can find someone who doesn't want to store this winter.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 6:28pm
Have you been following the

interesting Craigslist Finds

Thread. There have a been a couple boats come up on there the last few weeks, that made me think of you. Check it out.

ddortman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ddortman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 6:41pm
Thanks. I’ve owned several fishing boats but never a direct drive ski boat. The fun part about not rushing in is that I’ve had time to research and learn. Thanks everyone here for the education and advice.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-06-2015 at 7:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic