NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I get back on Team Red with my new BFN

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 1:03pm
None of our business what you paid but I would say that's pretty reasonable for such a nice example. Hope to check it out at the buckethead. Just don't park next to mine and make me look bad!
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 4:28pm
I was just wondering what a pristine boat like that went for, thought maybe he stole it.
Tim D
cbr1000dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbr1000dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2015 at 9:04pm
Very nice boat, the condition is really great for the age, someone keep it up.
I have a 88 BFN and a 90 SN, and there is definitely more room in the BFN. We are retired and just use them for getting from place to place, beach, restaurant, swim spot, etc, so I can't speak to any skiing questions. The 90SN handles much better for sharp turns since it's so much lighter, but the 88BFN handles rough water better. We seem to be using the BFN more since it's so roomy and comfortable. The 454 engine sounds really nice and deep throated,, I'm sure you'll agree. Love that BBC sound! But I'd hate to choose if one had to go. Best boats I've owned.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:23am
So, was the ski wake not what you hoped it would be?
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by KRoundy KRoundy wrote:

So, was the ski wake not what you hoped it would be?

That is exactly correct. I love the boat, the color and the Big Block Chevy but we love to slalom ski and it has a bigger wake than I would like. I knew it wasn't the right boat for us when I bought it, but I couldn't help myself. It has been an overall great experience and we have enjoyed it every other day since I bought it. Took it up north a few times but it is time to let it go. I wish I could have kept every boat that I have had the last few years but it isn't practical for me. Looking for at least a 93 & up, but preferrably a 97& up Ski Nautique. I think that will suit our needs better. Pretty glad that I bought it though. One more off the bucket list.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:07pm
How many boats have you went through in the last few years Wes?
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 12:54pm
In the last 4 years I've had:
1971 Mustang- (Stringer job)
1986 Ski Nautique- (Reverse Gel)
1985 Ski Nautique- (Stringers)
1987 Ski Nautique
1990 Sport Nautique
1989 Ski Nautique
1995 Four Winns Horizon 210
1969 Ski Nautique- (Last stringer job I will ever do)
1986 Sea Ray
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Bought the 2 Non Correct Craft Open Bow I/O boats to make the wife and daughters happy, but they don't get to vote anymore. I like to buy, sell and work on them almost as much as skiing behind them.

wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 2:40pm
Is the footer still for sale?
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Swatkinz Swatkinz wrote:

Is the footer still for sale?

uhhhhhhh huh......Can't stand it can you?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
scootdogydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scootdogydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 10:16pm
You should consider removing the post where you told us what you paid, and that you thought it was too much ;) I hope this boat goes to a ccf member!
1999 Python
1980 Ski Tique
1968 Mustang WIP
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by scootdogydog scootdogydog wrote:

You should consider removing the post where you told us what you paid, and that you thought it was too much ;) I hope this boat goes to a ccf member!

Nah, I'm not trying to hide anything. What I paid has no bearing on how much it is worth to a prospective buyer. I always think I paid too much if it wasn't free.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2015 at 11:41pm
If I didn't have my '90-, I'd be making a trip to Davison. Heck, If that boat doesn't sell soon, I might replace my '85.
Wes, You sold that really nice Blue and off white Ski Nautique to Mike, who is on my ski team. That is one of the best looking color combinations I've seen. He said tonight that if he could sell the Ski, he'd be buying another boat from you.
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2015 at 11:15am
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Wes, You sold that really nice Blue and off white Ski Nautique to Mike, who is on my ski team. That is one of the best looking color combinations I've seen.

I really liked the look of that boat too. Mike is a super nice guy and a tough negotiator. We both walked away from the deal over a hundred bucks, but as I got in my truck to drive away I caved. Glad I did.
Long story about that boat sale:
I bought that 1987 Ski in Syracuse Indiana off Craigslist. The guy that owned it had moved to Colorado and told me I could come to Indiana and there was a lock box on the garage. He would give me the combination to open the lock box, check out the boat and if I liked it, I could take it home and wire him the money later and he would send me the title. Got to Indiana and the lock box was empty. His tennant was interested in the boat but didn't have any money to buy it, so I suspect he took the key from the lock box to try to ruin the sale. The owner called a locksmith in Syracuse to come pick the lock to the garage. While waithing for the locksmith, a bunch of Amish people who were renting the house next to the garage arrived home and were sitting on the porch, and milling about. locksmith arrives, as he is picking the lock on the garage I told him the story of the owner moving to Colorado and that I was taking the boat. Locksmith got nervous and wanted I.D from me and proof that the owner was really the owner. because he was breaking into the garage for me. I showed him my I.D. and the boat owner had a truck in the garage with all his info on the registration. Locksmith (also a preacher) doesn't feel good about breaking into the garage and me stealing the boat, but doesn't call the cops. As my wife and I left, pulling a boat that wasn't in my name and I had no paperwork to show I bought it, I wondered if we would make it to the Michigan border. Took the boat home, wired him the money, he sent the title and everything went smooth. Crazy transaction, but it worked out.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2015 at 11:19am
Had a guy drive all the way from Alabama to look at the BFN only to discover a soft spot in the floor under the observers seat and near the battery box. Also looks like someone skim coated the bilge and painted it gray. He was very unhappy and wasted a lot of his time and money making a long trip for a boat he thought he wanted, but ended up not buying. Not sure of the extent of the soft spot, but soft spots aren't good. Looks like I am still on team Red and now on team soft spot for the time being. I removed the ad from Craigslist. I tried to be accurate in my description, but missed the spot. I feel bad that he drove all that way.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
jake613 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jake613 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2015 at 10:14pm
Is this boat still available?
wwchevy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wwchevy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 8:24am
It's still for sale but I took it off Craigslist because of the soft spot in the floor. I would rather fix whatever ales this boat than give it away. The "soft spot" feels more like the floor broke free of the support cross brace beneath it. We have been enjoying it a lot taking it out 3 times a week and I am pretty happy with the performance. 47 mph on the GPS with the stock prop. I will do some exploratory surgery when we are done for the season. Main stringers are good, lag bolts have a tight grip, I did the Tim Moorfoot socket test and they sounded solid. Looks like the spot eminates from the cooler drain hole under the observer seat and is about a 2' x 2' area. I think that I will peel the carpet back and do some exploring beneath the floor. Wooden dowels in the foam, check the condition of the crossbraces under the floor with a hole saw, etc.... I am not going to jump to conclusions yet.
wwchevy
1989 Barefoot Nautique
Scotty O View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2015 at 1:26pm
Jealous, party of one!
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 1:08am
I would love to add that BFN to my member of team red! Always wanted one of those!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2015 at 11:16am
Originally posted by weitekampt weitekampt wrote:

I would love to add that BFN to my member of team red! Always wanted one of those!

Well.......what are you waiting for.... After hanging around Tim, Reid, Gary, Joe, Bruce, Pete, Mars, and a host of others for 10 years and hearing........." Foot, you NEED another boat cause everyone needs at least two." I couldn't handle the pressure and finally caved. You gotta have a spare! Step up and join the club Todd.....YOU NEED A SPARE!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 8:31am
I would like to inform everyone that [ can I get back on Team Red with my new BFN ] that beautiful Red Barefoot Nautique has a new owner how, drove up to Michigan Sat, made a deal with Wes and drove that beauty back to Northern Ohio, to be come a new member of team Monahan! Thanks again Wes for letting me take Her of your hands.
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 9:23am
Nice buy Scott, enjoy
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 9:40am
Beautiful boat Scott!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 10:43am
Tired of driving Dads boat huh???? Good Job Scotty! Welcome back to Team Red!
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 10:47am
I can help you with a storage solution >>>>Badin Lake is available
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 11:26am
Now we just need Brad and Zach to pick up some footers and we will be rolling into the 2016 Buckethead 6 deep. Congrats again on the purchase Scott!
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2016 at 10:34pm
congrats bro.go team monahan, 89 barefoot .81 annivarsary ski nautique   93 ski nautique   .69 barracuda ss not done yet.
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2016 at 2:18am

Just what you need Scott....another toy to go with the others you don't use!! We still haven't ridden with the "Team Red" Harley [or your old one for that matter] so I hope to ride/drive/ski the new barefooter before it goes to storage with all the others. We may have to all drive separately to get the Monahan collection to White Lake!
      Congratulations though...super sharp boat and now you don't have to wait on your Dad to pass his on!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-02-2016 at 9:59pm
Bill, whether I store them, use them or not, I still have them to use when I choose, they are all owned outright by me! I'm just trying to set my self up with some "Cool ***************" if I do ever get to retirement
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2016 at 1:16am
congrats Scott.....cant wait to take a run!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2016 at 2:08am
Don't know how I missed this the first time around. Nice rig Scott, can't think of a much more fitting owner for a big block BFN. Time to brave the chilly water and take it for a rip!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic