Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is anyone interested in my 82 Project boat.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is anyone interested in my 82 Project boat.
    Posted: April-20-2015 at 1:33pm
Longer than it should be, because I don't really want to get rid of her, but know I probably should.

Some of you will remember that I bought my 82 project boat in January of 2007. My daughter was 2 months old. I had lots of time back then. Even though I owned, and still own, a perfectly good Super Air Nautique, I wanted to learn how these boats are put together, inside and out. Thought a project would be fun, and it was, till I ran out of time.

Most of you already know, life gets pretty busy as your kids grow up. Between snow ski team, swim team, soccer, birthday parties, water skiing, etc. etc. there is almost never a free weekend, and when I do get one, there is plenty of "stuff" that needs to be done around the house.

Long and short, I don't see time getting much better till my kid is out of high school. That's still 10 years out, and by then I'll be - well, pretty old. So, I'm thinking the boat should be with someone who will put her together and use her, instead of sitting beside my house for 10 years.

I know I could part it out and make money, but that's not what I want to do.   I'd rather go to someone who wants to use it. Maybe a young person, with plenty of time, but short on money. Maybe someone who is retired and has time. Anyway . . . .

-82 Ski Nautique. Black and Gray paint scheme.
-The Stringers are in, and I did them right. Now awaiting foam and floor.
-Boat is stripped down to hull and windshield, and is sitting on a tandem trailer.
-Boat is complete. Have all parts.
-Ran the motor and transmission the day I pulled it out of the boat - some 7 years ago.
-Previous owner was in process of doing upholstery when he discovered floor and stringers were rotten.
Drivers seat and Love seat have been reupholstered in a gray scheme. all other upholstery is shot, but I have the frames and patterns. It was the Standard interior, so it is fairly simple.
-No structural damage to the hull, but the cosmetics are beat up. Gel is rubbed off where the PO beached the boat. Typical nicks here and there for boat that was used for 24 years. The striping definitely needs to be repainted.
- I have the triaxial mat for the floor and that will go with the boat.
-I have the pipes that I purchased for the air ducts in the floor.

I'm thinking $1800 for someone who wants to take the boat, put it together and use it. The trailer alone is probably worth $1000 or more. I'm sure I've spent more than $1800 on materials. It's not about the money, and never was. I enjoyed the time on the project, and wish I had the time to finish it. I hope someone else may be interested.

Let me know.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 5:13pm
Pictures?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 5:37pm
Rod's your man!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 6:02pm
Yea and its only 3000 miles each way to go get it, lol
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 6:03pm
There are some photos in this thread.

http://correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5447&PN=1&title=my-new-project-boat.

Florida is a long way for a boat that's not worth a lot of money when done. Not trying to discourage. Just trying to be more practical than I was when I decided to do this.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 6:09pm
The bulk of the work is done and worst of it is over. You ought to keep on pluggin. I wish it were closer.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 6:31pm
You guys obviously don't know Rod - Ha!
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 6:35pm
So where are you located? Sounds like a fun project- but if it's 1/2 way around the world - most likely wouldn't make "cents".
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 6:51pm
Keep it youve done the hardest part!! :)
'82 Ski Tique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 7:11pm
California, sixty miles east of San Francisco.

Riley and Graham, I know I've completed one of the more challenging tasks of the project. I don't like to start things I don't finish. But, I know it's not going to happen any time soon. I'd rather the boat be back in the water with someone else, than sitting beside my house waiting for me to find time.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2015 at 11:11pm
Good decision Brian - sometimes you gotta let go, otherwise the item starts to own you . . .

Someone will snatch it up, probably to just part it out.

You might want to adv on PN, I think they have a few more west coasters there.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2015 at 10:41pm
just saw this Brian...got to agree with your logic.

loved the comment "by then I'll be.....pretty old"....

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 12:05pm
Man - if I had more room....
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2015 at 1:06pm
A drive out to the west coast certainly isn't out of the question but I know it won't be happening this summer... If it's still around next winter we'll talk.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic