NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone Traveling North from Nashville

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone Traveling North from Nashville
    Posted: April-15-2015 at 9:51am
Anybody travelling through Nashville north to Chicagoland in the next couple weeks??

Bought a Sky Ski and need to get it home, otherwise rolling the dice and having it drug here by a FedEx truck, lol

This is the Ski I bought with the seller riding, he guaranteed I will be able to do everything just the same :)

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 10:39am
I doubt in a couple weeks..... do have to go thru there soon to pick up a trailer....unless you wanna just drag it to nashville yourself to pick up your sky ski and I'll meet you.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 10:52am
What is your time frame Chris?

I plan to visit Nashville next month, and head north towards Chicago every 2-3 weeks in the summer. If I can help let me know.

J
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 10:59am
Thanks Guys!! Jamin not in a huge hurry and the seller seems cool, lets see how it shakes out, just give me a heads up when your trip approaches.

Nashville is a blast, lol, we busted that town up pretty good at the mini there a few years ago!!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 3:04pm
what model ski? just started getting more serious about the foiling last year with an old air chair. then my neighbor bought a new basic sky ski and wow what a difference even on an entry level ski. you will be knocking down gainers before summer!
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 3:35pm
Bill, lol not 100% sure, Don (txfoilhead) has been keeping an eye out for me and he recommended this particular one, he really knows his way around these foils so I just went with it.

I have an Air Chair and I agree, there is no comparison, the Sky Ski is WAY better to ride. Definitely excited to get back on a SS, neighbor had one but moved about 4 yrs ago, been casually looking for a deal on one since.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 12:28am
Keep us updated when it arrives and after you successfully throw that first gainer! Then teach me!
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 1:15am
It's one of the original LE foils, the first ones that were machined from a block instead of cast. I've had 2 of them and they're still some of the best riding foils ever made. They're about 6in short these days, but were 6in longer than everything else back in the day.
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 2:05am
Tim,

Do not let Chris fool you. He really wants you to bring an older large women home from Nashville, but he is too sober to bring her in his car.

Donald
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 10:30am
If all goes as planned I should have it Saturday!! My neighbor is heading down to Nashville Friday to watch the Hawks beat the Preds in game 2, so he will be making an exchange for me.
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 12:11pm
I can't wait to see you on that thing.
1999 Ski Nautique 196
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 12:15pm
We will need another thread started......"learning to foil"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 12:16pm
"Putting on the Foil"

Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 12:18pm
Sweet. Sounds like you have a cool neighbor!
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 5:11pm
If you need anyone in Nashville to hold it for you or help pack it up drop me a line. Unfortunately, I have no plans to travel back to Chicago this summer right now. Just flew out of Chicago yesterday. What a great weekend weather wise.    

We have some friends that travel from Evanston down to Carbondale regularly to see family. We are suppose to hook up with them during one of these trips. If that happens soon I will drop you a line.

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 5:25pm
Thanks Ritchey!! As long as these guys are able to connect Fri or Sat at some point it should be a done deal, will definitely report back when it's done.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2015 at 11:25am
The Foil has arrived, thanks to everyone for the offers of delivery assist!!

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2015 at 12:12pm
Lets see some pictures kid - I am going to have a solid invert down by the end of this summer or die trying,.    Of course if I die trying it will be your fault for putting me on one a half dozen years ago at Green Lake.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2015 at 12:24pm
Ha, boat not quite in yet, actually only have about 1/2 my piers in so far and I haven't even taken the foil out of the bag yet, lol. Soon I promise!!

When I was riding that contraption regularly several years ago I was just starting to land my inverts although a majority of those landings were on my head, lol
Excited to have a decent foil once again and am looking forward to this season, and like you, landing some inverts!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic