Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'69 Wildcat...before & afters

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '69 Wildcat...before & afters
    Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:33pm
Before pix are Oct '14 and after are from today. Still have work to do but I'm pleased with the renovations so far. More work still to come. Next on the list is the windshield. It's got 2 cracks in the frame and the whole frame is a bit wonky. I hope to keep this original one on the boat. Thinking some welding and tightening up does the trick.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=7613&sort=&pagenum=1
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:44pm
The last pic of the transom came out real purple thanks to the light, the iphone, the angle, etc.... I edited the saturation/contrast of the photo to show a more actual color of the boat's transom.

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2015 at 10:56pm
Nice work!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 12:25am
Looking fantastic. Keep the work going and the pictures coming.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 12:30am
The Beast is back! Nice
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 1:56am
Thanks for saving her !!!!!!!!!
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 8:17am
Looks good! More pictures please??
Js
74Wind View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74Wind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 9:03am
Nice job so far. "Skyfuzz"...air marshal perhaps?

1974 Southwind 18
1975 Century Mark II
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2015 at 10:27am
Looks really nice, just like the boat in the '68 brochure. Post some more pics! Is Marsha going to do your interior? Thanks to you she did our Cuda and as you said, she is amazing!
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by 74Wind 74Wind wrote:

Nice job so far. "Skyfuzz"...air marshal perhaps?

Ha! lol...my nickname does imply that but no, not an air marshall.
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Riley Riley wrote:

Looks really nice, just like the boat in the '68 brochure. Post some more pics! Is Marsha going to do your interior? Thanks to you she did our Cuda and as you said, she is amazing!

It sure does look like the '68 ad! I don't think I'm going to replace my blue carpet with a bright red but rather that vinyl flooring by Nautilex. It's a cool looking retro design called 'shark'. On the neutral gray side. I used this in my '70 cuda and really looked great. Glad you were happy with Marsha! I think I'm going to use someone down here in Florida. I will have a retro style canvas convertible top made with side and aft curtains. And the vinyl flooring too. I just don't think Marsha will have the time to schedule me in to have it ready by the end of July. But it has to be done by the time I use the boat so I figure I could have it done here in FL and have Wards do any engine repairs to get it running.
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Looks good! More pictures please??

Thanks...I will add more pix when i can. Right now, the boat is parked where u see it and a hedge next to the starboard side so I have limited options right now.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 9:10pm
I think I have the bow for an original style convertible top for that boat but doubt it would be worth your effort to ship it. Let me know if you want me to dig it out for pictures
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

I think I have the bow for an original style convertible top for that boat but doubt it would be worth your effort to ship it. Let me know if you want me to dig it out for pictures

Thanks so much for the offer. I'm just not sure what the bow is? If you mean the alum/ss/chr frame that holds it up then we're on the same page! I appreciate the interest. I will probably have one made along with the canvass. I think the frame is a 2-part system? I guess this side view shape: "y" or is it a backwards "y"? I'll have to scout around for a good picture representation of the style conv top to check and show to for when I have selected the shop to make it...most these days probably don't know this style anymore, not since every boat has a bimini style now.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2015 at 11:03pm
We are on the same page - it's two parts like a Y. The one I had in my hand a couple days ago came to me with a 67 wildcat never checked to see if it fits but I assume it does. Lord knows I am never gonna use it. I'll post pics in a week or so if you weren't in a hurry I could get it to Florida eventually.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
skyfuzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skyfuzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2015 at 10:23am
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

We are on the same page - it's two parts like a Y. The one I had in my hand a couple days ago came to me with a 67 wildcat never checked to see if it fits but I assume it does. Lord knows I am never gonna use it. I'll post pics in a week or so if you weren't in a hurry I could get it to Florida eventually.

Thanks...i suppose i'd like to see some pix of it but don't go out of your way...as for time, I'd like to have a top on the boat by June.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic