NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Marker Light ID

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Marker Light ID
    Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:11pm
Has anyone seen a marker light in this style? It is off of a 1985 Correct Craft trailer. I may have to replace it, trying to help a guy out and looking for a source to keep it original.

It is a stud mount, and the only way to get to the bulb is to take it off the trailer. It is likely brittle and am concerned about it crumbling as soon as I put any sort of torque on the rusted nut. Would like to know if I can find a replacement BEFORE I bust it up.

Any trailer light experts out there???
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:27pm
I got some.

I believe the light pulls out the bottom though Steve.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:30pm

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:31pm
$3.69 you're breakin' my balls
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:33pm
Dang, if the tag wasn't on there I would have got 10.96
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:36pm
Huh! Look at that! I thought this would be a lot harder, none of my normal Google sluething turned up anything close.

Thanks Zach, maybe it will just need a new bulb... Good to know you have some if it ends up getting broke. Is the stud mount part of the assembly or does that piece mount to a bracket that has the stud mount.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:39pm
It's molded into the plastic and the stud turns into a contact point for the metallic spring/ribbon that holds the light in to ground to the trailer. They only have a power wire.

If it doesn't spin you will break it. It looks like its brass so you might have a chance. I think I have 10 or so of these so the brown trailer will be sporting new ones with led bulbs.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:41pm
I also have some of the red original lights for the side markers on the trailer. Sadly we have no amber ones for the front step. Mine are all gone so I will probably look into something similar in an LED persuasion.
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 12:53pm
I wonder if the red side marker lights are the same as the clearance lights on the prop guard. This is also a stud mount type. Here is a picture:

Where do you source the LED bulbs?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 1:08pm
I haven't sourced any yet. SuperBrightLEDs.com might have them but you need your current light number.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

maybe it will just need a new bulb

Or a bad ground. It's a classic problem with stud mounted lights. Get the VOM out!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic