NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

props

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
turk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: props
    Posted: February-22-2015 at 1:22am
I need a prop refurbished. It's a 13RH13 supercup 1" bore.Any recommendations on a shop to do this? Also, what will changing the pitch do to performance, 12 or 14 if I were to buy a spare? Recommendations on where to purchase a spare? Thanks.
1982 Ski Nautique
1983 Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 2:11am
I am not sure what Correct Craft boat you have, but most folks on this site will recommend the ACME 540 as a direct replacement for the Federal 13 x 13 with 1" bores. Delta Prop is a site sponsor and they seem to provide the best prop prices. It is the best upgrade for the money for the second generation Ski Nautiques. These are CNC Machined Props and provide a great hole shot improvement over the old OEM design blades. Used Acme 540's pop up on this site from time to time. CCFAN members and lurkers get a discount when ordering from Deltaprop.com. They also do prop repairs. See the add banner on the left hand side of the site for the site link and the discount code.

You need to provide you boat info and what you do with the boat in-order for the guys to chime in a make the best recommendation on the best replacement prop. Tube-tiques require a special pitch or so I have heard.

I hope this this helps,

Donald
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-22-2015 at 3:02am
I've run 13x13 Federals and 13x14 Federals. The 14 pitch gave an extra mph or two with a slightly lesser hole shot. 12 may whine your RPMs too soon. If you were to buy a prop, spend the extra dollar and buy an Acme 540 and just refurb the old turd prop for a spare, and you'll see why I call the Federal the turd.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 10:48am
Boat? Engine setup? Goals? Needs?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 11:15am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Boat? Engine setup? Goals? Needs?

I assume it's Todd's 76 SN? I'd go for the 540.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 11:34am
Yeah, I wouldn't put any money into that when you could buy a 540.
turk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 12:22pm
Thanks for the feed back. I have a 1983 SN, 351 cu. Ford. Mostly used for skiing, some tubing.Don't very often have real aggressive skiers, mostly wife and kids.   
1982 Ski Nautique
1983 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2015 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by turk turk wrote:

I have a 1983 SN, 351 cu. Ford. Mostly used for tubing.

That's the problem!! You'll need the advice of a tuber for a prop choice!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2015 at 11:42pm
Try:

baumannprops.com

Ask for Louie Baumann. When I lived in Houston, I used this shop. They are known in the Gulf Coast as a great shop -- they work on all kids of props from our "little" props to big "wheels" on the off-shore boats. Shipping cost wasn't too bad.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 1:30am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by turk turk wrote:

I have a 1983 SN, 351 cu. Ford. Mostly used for tubing.

That's the problem!! You'll need the advice of a tuber for a prop choice!
ok, you're new here so I'll be the pbrainard buffer. generally speaking we like to see people teaching their kids to ski because tubing is a lazy, non-athletic pursuit that requires no skill and a minimum amount of conditioning. these are tournament ski boats and are made for serious skiing. THAT BEING SAID...you bought the boat, so set it on fire in the yard for all I care, if tubing is your passion, have fun.

as far as a prop is concerned, you will be nothing less than overjoyed with the performance of the acme 540. trust me it's worth the money. if you really want to know what it's capable of, go to the ccfan home page and look at the boat of the month. that's my dad, and I assure you, for the first 31 1/2 years of my life that boat NEVER did that.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 8:32am
Here's a great tread on getting the kids out on the water and not on tubes! Since you've been with us for close to 4 years, maybe you have already seen it?

I too would recommend the 540. Use the old prop for a spare. Delta Prop has a great price on the Acme props and they can also rebuild/tune your old prop. They are also a site sponsor. Their banner can be found towards the top of the page,

Hasn't anyone asked you for pictures? We love them as well as a diary entry. It's also nice to do an avitar. You may notice that must here have them. They are a link to your diary entry.

NG,
If inclined, consider adding your first name to your profile as most here use than rather than screen names.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 8:41am
If y'all think tubing is non-athletic I say you're doing it wrong.

Honestly though, there's never been a tube in or near my Ski Nautique since I've owned, if ever.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 9:00am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

ok, you're new here
Adam,
I don't think 4 years and over 50 posts is that new!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 10:12am
Pete....the boy is down under in the land of OZ so he is probably still a little punchy.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
turk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 11:11am
Guys, didn't mean to give you the wrong impression. 99.999999% of the time we are skiing. On occasion if someone (mostly girls)want a pull on a tube ----I oblige. You got to keep them happy.You see it inspires the guys to try harder and give it their all if a couple of girls are in the boat watching their man!!!    
1982 Ski Nautique
1983 Ski Nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 11:14am
Oh, showing off for ladies always leads to face plants.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 11:40am

That's just the price we (I mean they...I'm an old married man) have to pay. Barefooter's motto: Never waste an audience.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 11:45am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

That's just the price we (I mean they...I'm an old married man) have to pay. Barefooter's motto: Never waste an audience.

Yes, this is truly J Bears motto as well!    All he needs to do is get off the boom and out on the long line!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 11:54am
Doesn't work any more, not where I am anyway. Old farts in their pontoon boats around here wouldn't know the significance of a long line back deep or bomb-out if it bit them in the rear. That compares to many years ago when we used to foot by a beach on the river and the ladies would pull up their tops and shake their boobs at us. Ahhh - the 80s.

A summer or two ago, I was out doing some boom runs. Some old fart complained to the lake patrol that "those young whippersnappers were out "side skiing" (whatever that is) and its dangerous"

Well, if I was forcing him to do it, I could see his complaint, but otherwise, MYOFB.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 11:58am
I never waste an audience. Just to show how sad the state of impressive water sports is, any time we pull more than 2 people around the lake on any type of water toy (kneeboard, ski, etc.) people follow us around.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 12:04pm
Now that you mention that, last 4th of July, to spruce up the tiresome old decorated tuner parade around the shoreline, my son took a stand on a chair on a disk holding a flag run and then we did a four man, holding flags run. Several folks chugged by the dock later that day saying it was pretty cool. A day or two later, (I was gone) my wife said there were some guys out (with some crappy I/O) trying a four man run. After d*cking around with ropes and skis and failed attempts for about an hour, they gave up. HA, not as easy as it looks, is it.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2015 at 12:07pm
Skiing is a thrill that will last a lifetime; tubing, 6 seconds. When it finally pops don't replace it. You'll find nobody will miss it.
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 2:44am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Skiing is a thrill that will last a lifetime; tubing, 6 seconds.

Never tubed...but at the age of 72 with 40+ years of barefooting behind me I still can't wait for that first run of the year!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2015 at 2:50am
Originally posted by AirTique98 AirTique98 wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Skiing is a thrill that will last a lifetime; tubing, 6 seconds.

Never tubed...but at the age of 72 with 40+ years of barefooting behind me I still can't wait for that first run of the year!!
bill you are the f*cking man.

maybe not my first run of the year (Lewy already popped my cherry ) but I got a few runs planned with your bro in the next week!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic