Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A New Ski Season Is Ahead - How Will You Prepare?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A New Ski Season Is Ahead - How Will You Prepare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A New Ski Season Is Ahead - How Will You Prepare?
    Posted: January-30-2015 at 4:41pm
So in keeping with a typical New Year - New You Tradition some of the Co-Workers have come up with a No Junk 21 Day Challenge - Copy below

No Junk 21 Day Challenge

No Chocolate, pure, flavored or otherwise
No Candy
No Biscuits or Cookies
No Cake, Donuts, or Muffins
No Pastries
No White Bread, pizza crust is white bread unless stated otherwise
No Chips, baked or otherwise
No Fast Food, Subway is acceptable
No Carbonated Beverages, soft drinks or beer, including mixers in a drink
No Ice Cream

I offer for consideration “The Contest” from Seinfeld. $50 per person, payable to the pot once you partake of a forbidden item from the above list. The pot balance will be split evenly amongst each of the participants still alive at the end.

The start date is Monday, February 2nd with an end date of noon, Monday, February 23rd.

For those of you who may need a refresher on “The Contest” I offer the following clips for your enjoyment.

The ground rules…
https://www.youtube.com/embed/LkklW7VEBHA

The admission…
https://www.youtube.com/embed/zDWU2SR27g4

Ground Rules
Clip 1

The admission
Clip 2
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 4:42pm
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 4:45pm
The day after the contest if I make it
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 4:46pm
I think I am on HW's plan but good for you Greg!!! I really don't eat anything out of that list anyways besides pizza and I don't buy white bread.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 5:30pm
I'm already in the middle of my yearly mid winter party break to get ready for ski season, plus a trip to Lewy's falls in the middle of that 21 days...I gotta pass
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 5:56pm
dusted off my bike and started pedaling as of yesterday! lol

32 miles between yesterday and today!

need to loose around 10 pounds!

jejej
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

I'm already in the middle of my yearly mid winter party break to get ready for ski season, plus a trip to Lewy's falls in the middle of that 21 days...I gotta pass

Right there with you Adam. Been doing Nutrisystem for 3 weeks and already lost 8lbs. First stop is 200lbs from a starting point of 214 (heaviest I've ever been) then a final destination of 190 and should feel real good there. 1400 calorie diet plus a 1 hour daily eliptical session sure leaves you hungry enough to eat wallpaper.

ps don't believe the commercials where Terry Bradshaw say's "And the foods GREAT!!"

I've had two crappy years with knee injuries that pulled me off the water and man did I pudge up. This year physically I am 100% so the weights got to go so I can have some fun again.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:13pm
I'm out!   Oh, wait....you're talking about food.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:33pm
That's good progress Alan. I'm not committed enough to do something like nutrisystems. Usually if my weight goes up, its because I got careless. If I knock out those 1 or 2 sodas a day, ice cream and a fourth meal at around 9:00 PM, I can get things under control again, but it seems to be harder with age. I entered the holidays about 5 over where I want to be and came out of the holidays about 10 over where I want to be. Although I had started my swimming regimen in the fall, I held off on that for a couple months after spending a couple nites in the hospital with a fibrillating heart, to be followed up by wearing a monitor for 3 weeks. Good to go now, tho. I've knocked off 2-3 pounds in the past couple weeks since getting back in the pool, walking at lunch when I can get away and better eating habits. Back in the spring when I was out of a job, the stress related weight loss had me down around where I should be, but once life was good again, so was the food.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:34pm
This March will mark 2 years in Crossfit. Really happy that I've stuck with it all this time, hauling my butt out of bed in the early AM 3x a week when hitting the snooze bar would be heaven. The results have been awesome and it's an extremely no-BS serious challenge every class. Truly a new definition of "finding and redefining your limits". Last spring I was barely sore at all when I got back into the slalom course and not remotely winded sitting in the hole after every pass. Great feeling and the only workout regime that has really been effective off-season for skiing movements.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:41pm
I was on this pain killer for a few months and creeped up to 179.9, a record high for me too. Now I'm off it and back down to 170 but last winter I was at 160. I had to buy new pants and still don't have room to tuck in an undershirt, bought a 66" slalom ski in the fall and all winter I've been thinking now I need a 67". FML. I can't pinpoint a change in anything except age. Luckily I don't have the over eating or stress desires, unless you count alcohol.

Life's too short to diet.
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:42pm
Yep one of the great things about ski season it gives you incentive to get in shape.
I have had a injury prone season combined with record low water levels have cut my on water time down.
Just about right now for the end of season
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:46pm
I'm with you Larry, getting much harder with age to keep my weight down. And Alan, those weights you mention are dead on with me, now at about 210-212, never have been this heavy before, will be happy to get below 200 and take it from there, 190 would be ideal. I'm healthy right now, need to get into a regular workout (am just playing volleyball a few times a week, plus generally active) and cut out the extra eating.

Trouble with that challenge is I'd get done and still be 3 months away from northern ski season!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:51pm
Larry, I need the program to keep me disciplined, without it I eat conveniently meaning I stop on the way home from work at junk food places like Mc'd , taco bell, Kentucky fried Chicken. My wife is a vegetarian so we've sort of gone our own ways when it comes to dinner and again without a regemin I am hopeless.

I did Nutrisystem about 4 years ago and dropped 28 lbs in 3 months so I know I can do it again. Like I said I'm only taking in 1400 calories plus working off about 7-800 every night on the eliptical. Once the metabolism kicks back in gear the weight just falls off.

Not much fun but neither is looking a baluga in board shorts.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Not much fun but neither is looking a baluga in board shorts.

Over New Year's in Florida Jackie thought something was wrong with the fly of my board shorts and I had to inform her the problem was my enlarged waist, the shorts were fine. And I brought with me the biggest ones I had...

At least now I'm filling out all those size L wetsuits I have!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 7:01pm
Amazingly, I have managed to only put on about 5 lbs over the last few months being limited to ANY sort of work outs. It feels so good to get back doing something, I am swimming, and now I hope, I can drop a few pounds as well. I hear Kev, life IS too short to diet, plus I love food! Need to get back into the habbit of just smaller portions.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 7:24pm
I will contribute my ailments of last summer (pulled groin, hamstring and torn rotator cuff)to being out of shape and overweight. Currently down ~11 pounds over the past 2-1/2 weeks. Making better meal choices and adding some cardio 3 to 4 times a week. Got to get the llbd down before 11/22/2015.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 8:38pm
Mom's homemade Christmas cookies added about 10lbs. It took me about a month to drop it. Currently at 165. 5 more pounds to get to my goal weight.

Been working on the legs and knee to make sure I'll be good for this coming wakeboarding season.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Got to get the llbd down before 11/22/2015.

Greg,

What is the deal with this date? Are you going to be in a Wedding? If so you will likely need some quick cash. However, a college will have a stack of my cash for a young ladies freshman's year. My wife's dreams came true on 11/27/93 when I said I DO.

Donald
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 11:10pm
I am keeping it real. Just sticking with the basics.

That guy kind of looks like me.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 11:23pm
Looks kinda like Putin too.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2015 at 11:54pm
Donald
That would be the big 50
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Donald
That would be the big 50

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Looks kinda like Putin too.

+1 Hahaha.....
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2015 at 11:36pm
Greg et al:

Awesome that you are doing something to get to where you want to be..........

I won't be joining in on the challenge.... I have had an unfair start.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 12:01am
At the September CCFan reunion at Reid and Laurie's, I had an "episode". Wayyyyy too Fat, too much beer, too little sleep and too much coffee resulted in difficulty catching my breath. After the trip to Race City with the crew, I packed my bags, called Val and told her I was coming home as I couldn't seem to catch my breath. After making a few quiet good byes, I took off.

That was the beginning of my new journey. While my docs were screwing off getting me diagnosed and on the right respiratory drugs, I decided to lose the weight and get healthier while waiting for the drugs to kick in. I was trying to exercise and having difficulty breathing because of my weakness, my fat, and my lungs. I was really scared cuz breathing was VERY difficult with exertion and I thought I would never get off the fat-ass track.

Well, 4 months, 2 fun-filled holidays and 42 pounds of weight loss later, I am feeling sooooo much better. I am even off my lung drugs. I even had to make some changes in my work schedule because I was literally killing myself. We are eating better at home... which thankfully still includes beer, pizza and goodies (just less of them with lots of exercise in between). It is so great to be able to "drop and give someone 20".... when I couldn't do that in years. 15 pounds more to lose, and I'm there...... so far so good. I am jazzed!

I can't wait for the ski season! I want to ski at April's school again for a tune up to celebrate! Anyone want to join me for a day or two at April's place in NC?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 1:22am
Good for you Steve. That had to be quite a scare. We can all learn something from it.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 1:45am
wow, 42 lbs? congrats. can't wait to meet the more aerodynamic Air206, haha
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 7:57am
Great to hear Steve.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2015 at 9:21am
Like my wife's coffee cup says, "Remember to be awesome today". Great job Steve.
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 5>
  Share Topic