Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - A New Ski Season Is Ahead - How Will You Prepare?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A New Ski Season Is Ahead - How Will You Prepare?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2015 at 4:10pm
Good for you Dave - set a goal and push forward.

I just left the Ortho's office for a shoulder follow (nothing compared to a hip!) and received the green light to get back on the water. Sure seems like October was forever ago.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 10:46am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Good for you Dave - set a goal and push forward.

I just left the Ortho's office for a shoulder follow (nothing compared to a hip!) and received the green light to get back on the water. Sure seems like October was forever ago.

Yeah, I thought I'd move more like Steve Austin now that I have more spare parts, but like I said, I'll take being able to finally move period hahaha
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 2:26pm
Good Stuff Guys...glad to see many of you are the Gym or working on losing a few pounds. The way it's looking/sounding; you may have to reintroduce yourselves as we may not recognize you!

Truthfully though, are y'all really wanting to lose a few pounds for health reasons or are you just too cheap to buy a larger Barefoot suit?

Keep it the good work Gentlemen!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2015 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Good Stuff Guys...glad to see many of you are the Gym or working on losing a few pounds. The way it's looking/sounding; you may have to reintroduce yourselves as we may not recognize you!

Truthfully though, are y'all really wanting to lose a few pounds for health reasons or are you just too cheap to buy a larger Barefoot suit?

Keep it the good work Gentlemen!

I'm wanting/trying to lose a few pounds to hopefully help me ski better! Shoot, new pants are cheaper than gas in the boat for footing and skiing.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 10:56am
Getting closer to the season - everyone still progressing?

I have hit the -25 mark and pretty much a wall. Need to change things up a bit to get over this hump, perhaps some ski time will help.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 12:48pm
Greg,

I have hit my wall at 17 lbs. I have been eating less and better and go to the gym five to six days a week. I have forgotten what beer taste like. Been doing this since October. I have been doubling my workout routine and that has begun to move the me down two or three pounds, but then I bounce back two or three pounds. My paints do not fit, but scale does not move fast.

I still look great Naked !!!!!!!!

Donald
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by Donald80SN Donald80SN wrote:

Donald

Don't bother with pictures. The picture of Kristof in the bathtub was enough!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 2:12pm
Keep up the good work guys, I'm at -19 now but getting ready for week out of town catching up with family and friends so the food and drink will flow. Looks like I may have a little extra work to do when I get home.

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Looks like I may have a little extra work to do when I get home.

How about eating what Dana eats??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 3:53pm
So to try to kick things up a bit I have signed the family up for the rugged maniac in NC. I am sure that Kristin will kick my butt but thought this would certainly provide for some quality family discussion post race......
Larry, this is in your backyard grab your family, let's do this thing and wrap the day up with some footing (if we are able). Donald / Marty / Townsend / Reid / Others?
Good thing this is AFTER White Lake...

[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 4:05pm

Getting closer to the season - everyone still progressing?

I have hit the -25 mark and pretty much a wall. Need to change things up a bit to get over this hump, perhaps some ski time will help.

Greg,

I have hit my wall at 17 lbs. I have been eating less and better and go to the gym five to six days a week. I have forgotten what beer taste like. Been doing this since October. I have been doubling my workout routine and that has begun to move the me down two or three pounds, but then I bounce back two or three pounds. My paints do not fit, but scale does not move fast.

Donald

I tell people all the time, if you are putting in a lot of workout time, the inches lost are more important than pounds lost on the scale. Muscle is more dense than fat, so you can add muscle, lose fat and inches without your weight changing much. Muscle burns way more calories than fat both at rest and while moving, so gaining muscle raises you basal metabolic rate (the number of calories you burn sitting still), which means you should lose more fat if your calorie intake stays the same and you consume enough protein to build muscle. Eventually, the muscle building will stop, the fat loss will continue, and fat pounds will continue to come off, then you lose weight. At some point your body fat gets low enough that it becomes very difficult to lose more weight; starve more and you begin to lose muscle, you burn fewer calories, you feel bad and your body does all it can to store fat, but these days, most people in first world countries don't go there unless they have an eating and/or compulsive exercise disorder. In fact most people give up when their weight plateaus, they stop exercising, lose muscle, slow their metabolism and slowly gain fat weight ending up where they started when they began or worse. This is the yo yo cycle that causes so many problems; if you lose enough muscle and gain enough fat, it becomes very hard to overcome the physiology that works to maintain fat stores.

Keep after it Greg and Donald (and Steve and Alan). I struggle daily, but I get to hear myself preach these sermons to patients weekly, so maybe that is why I have managed to keep my weight pretty stable since 2006. There is a part of me that would like washboard abs and a weight in the 160's but I have come to accept that getting there is just too uncomfortable to be worth it.

Greg, that is right up my alley, but that weekend I have committed to the Junior development ski day (Saturday) and slalom tournament (Sunday).
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 4:34pm
I have also hit a wall.....weight loss has stopped for the last 2-3 weeks. I am fading on calorie control, exercise and motivation. I have 10 more lbs to go....and it seems like chasing the horizon (never quite get there).

Over the past month, I have been doing Suspension Training (TRX) Thought you guys would enjoy the motivation which is killer. I know Val is going to come home to find me one day and have to cut me free.... it's going really slow, but I am breathing better, feeling better and getting stronger.

We need to keep it up y'all!
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 4:46pm
This clip is my motivation........... I CANNOT do this - almost any of those moves! It looks simple but it is killer. She makes it look easy.......... Motivation

Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 5:01pm
This clip is what I look like... Incline Press is tough. This genius is trying it with both feet in - it is supposed to be done with one foot in and the other on top of the suspended one. Incline Press

I can do about 10 crappy ones in our "allowed" 4 minute time frame...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2015 at 9:01pm
Wayne
To bad you can't make this but sure sounds like you have some fun lined up as well.
Hope to see you at WL
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 1:55am
Wayne,

Thanks for the input that seems to be what I am seeing. My wife is a nurse and she is telling me that I am not drinking enough water to flush out the impurities. I also have a Kidney Stone history so I need to flush all the time. It is hard to drink water all the time as most of my day consist of driving multiple states in a car with a Sales Job and Dancing for the Chipendales at night for boat gas money.

Greg, I too have made other plans for that weekend for that Rockingham deal, I just can not remember what those plans are. I am sure it will be something that my wife will be less likely to cash in my life insurance policy than compared to that event.

Donald
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2015 at 6:29am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Donald

Don't bother with pictures. The picture of Kristof in the bathtub was enough!!

That picture is burned deeply in the memory of some CCFaners...
So I guess it will haunt me for many more years to come.

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 11:21am
It's spring. Are you guys ready? My boat is packed in otherwise I'd be skiing tomorrow. This will be the last year of that problem. She will be ready and accessible to ski 52 weeks a year finally.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 11:34am
Ready here..... need a driver! Come on down Hollywood!
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

It's spring. Are you guys ready? My boat is packed in otherwise I'd be skiing tomorrow. This will be the last year of that problem. She will be ready and accessible to ski 52 weeks a year finally.

Baaahhhhh!!! Give me an hour and your boat will be at the front of the garage!!!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2015 at 9:03pm
Can't wait to get home and get back on the water. Hope the wing holds up. May need Dr. Steve / Wayne to help a brother out
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 9:29am

Can't wait to get home and get back on the water. Hope the wing holds up. May need Dr. Steve / Wayne to help a brother out

Any thing you need, just ask...
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
MustangMadness View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MustangMadness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2015 at 10:15am
The only thing I need to shed is the 4' snow pile that is still in front of my boat tongue and the rock solid lakes and ponds around here.
I like a 6' beam on a small lake... My Muscleboat
1975 Mustang 225 307RH
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 2:41pm
Looking to put the gear on this Wednesday- will be interesting for sure as I busted through the gate the past two weeks and hit the -33 (holy crap I was fat). Hope that gear still fits as Sue's threshold is pretty maxed out on boats / ski gear right now. With any luck I will achieve my White Lake goal this year

Donald I am about ready to come after that second job of yours
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Toertel View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toertel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 4:06pm
Great work guys!!! Keep it up!
Last year pounds just piled on or changed to fat... While working (I traveled almost every week since May '14 5 days a week), I also got a Master's degree. So one the weekends, I spent as much time as possible with the family on the lake (lots of beer, brats and burgers...).
I needed to change some habits... While I still travle almost every week for work (so far 41 flights this year), I got lees on my plate (haha) since I graduated 12/12/14.
By now, I'm 2 month into my freeletics training and I can tell I changed (not only my diet and training routine).
While I only lost 11 lbs, I lost some inches and gained some muscle (or so I hope).
Today I had to run 1k, then 4x 100 jumping jacks and 100 froggers, then run again 1k. While it is hard, at the same time, by now I look forward to working out and kind like burpees???

Yesterday the BF suit arrived and I'm looking forward to this season, even thou I still have some more to loose.
1994 Sport Nautique
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 9:06pm
Awesome Greg! That is EXCELLENT!!!!

I have found that the exercise and weight loss has been very selfish. Carving out time to eat "right" and exercise puts a huge cramp into family togetherness. Val and I are empty nesters and it is easier when I just screw up Val's schedule..... when the ladies come home, it's disastrous to either family unity or my exercise schedule. I actually did better over Christmas and Thanksgiving than I did over their Spring break. 1-2 weeks of solid Family slows the roll.

I like the outcome, but I don't like the family toll.... just ramblin before I hit the machines and make Val wait for dinner.   
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 9:09pm
A healthy, active lifestyle is not selfish. Eat now and die young or exercise and grow old? I'm sure she prefers the weight, I mean wait.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 9:21pm
Yeah, it's tough cuz my schedule is not my own - never was/is. Clinic duties, kid duties, chores, etc..... never allowed this kind of time. I don't see how I could have done it before..... and THAT's a shame.

Val said it always was a matter of priorities. Not so happy that it seems to be one swing of the pendulum or the other. Oh well, got to get my skinny a$$ movin.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 9:29pm
This isn't communist China man. Your schedule is your schedule.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2015 at 9:32pm
Interesting concept.........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2345>
  Share Topic