NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maintenance on GT40 / TSC1 / Ram-Lin

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maintenance on GT40 / TSC1 / Ram-Lin
    Posted: January-26-2015 at 2:52pm
Scheduled an appointment with MacCallum's Boathouse for first week in April for service. Having StarGazer installed and maintenance on the engine and trailer. Got a bouncing idle issue last fall upon start up. I told the tech that I thought it could be a bad MAP sensor for a bouncing idle. I was told it could be one of many things. Is this a serious issue? I'm assuming it's something electronic. Is there anything else I should be having done to my boat while in for service? It's a '99 Ski with GT40. Still have no idea where the grease goes in for the hubs. It's a 2005 Ram-Lin with tiny rubber caps on the hub. Does anyone know where the grease goes in?

Engine has 469 hours.

Thanks in advance,

Ken
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 3:10pm
Once you pull your rubber off betting you will find a little nubby thing there!

LOL, rubber cap is likely a dust cover, remove it and I bet there will be a zerk fitting there, pump with grease.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 3:18pm
CQ, what's a zerk fitting? Is that the same nipple fitting as my old buddy bearings? I used to be able to plug my grease hose in and pump away with no issue. I can't get my grease hose through this tiny hole. I must need a new grease gun. Anyway, any thoughts on the bouncing idle?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

I told the tech that I thought it could be a bad MAP sensor for a bouncing idle. I was told it could be one of many things.
Ken

Anyway, any thoughts on the bouncing idle?

My first thought is the tech doesn't have the slightest idea of what the problem is.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2015 at 3:43pm
Just take it to the dealer and let them do their thing. Don't pretend to be a mechanic.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 12:43am
and take along your checkbook..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 7:42am
I believe the ramlin torsion axles are greased from the inside out, the zerk is somewhere else- bottom of the axle maybe? Better listen to them ken... Sounds like a fix for the dealer.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 9:02am
The zerk could be on the inward side hub, behind the wheel.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 10:47am
I agree, I'll let them run the engine and figure it out. I thought about buying a new MAP sensor and throttle control sensor. These parts are hundreds of dollars but have seemed to have fixed other peoples boats with the same bouncing idle issue upon start up. I also read something about poor connection to the battery. I have a amplifier hooked into my battery. My battery negative cable I noticed is hanging on by a few threads. Could be a problem.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2015 at 12:49pm

My battery negative cable I noticed is hanging on by a few threads. Could be a problem.

Threads of what? Strands of wire? If so, I'm surprised they haven't burnt up when cranking. How are the cable terminal connections to the battery? What's the voltage with the engine running?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic