NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Winter Progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 6:59pm
Looking great Zach. Now the long wait to find open water?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:01pm
I can see the hinge on the starboard side and there's clearly an excessive amount of seat bottom sticking forward. Hmmm
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:07pm
Thanks Pete, I am hoping for a late April trip to my buddies place on Lake Tuscaloosa pending his house is finished.

HW, it's ok you can use the bolster up if you want to look over the windshield.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:11pm
Actually I think I might go with the JoeinNY kneel for this season.
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:12pm
Nice work Zach, well done! Spring can't come soon enough, but especially for you I think.

J
davidg View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davidg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 7:13pm
Zach....Your boat looks great!!

So does that John Deere sitting next to it. What model and year?
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Lol thanks CQ. May come in handy if I get a short girlfriend who sticks around long enough to learn to pull people.

Zack you need to use the "CCfan grammar check" more often it helps eliminate wide open statements like these

Seriously though it looks awesome. Retro... and certainly fits "the old scool is cool" theme.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 11:15pm
Yeahhh I tend to do that a lot Mark haha.

Dave, I have no clue it was in the dudes shop. Looked to be mid 90s vintage but I wasn't that interested in tractors with that boat in my sights haha.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2015 at 11:53pm
Very nice Zach!
seacamper View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seacamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:01am
It looks great Zach. Now about the tractor.............
1980 Ski Nautique Boat Bar
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Open Bow
1988 Mastercraft Tristar Closed Bow
1969 Seacamper Houseboat
1986 Harris Pontoon
2004 Seadoo GTX SC + Flydive Xboard
1999 Adventurecraft
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:04am
[QUOTE=phatsat67] Yeahhh I tend to do that a lot Mark haha.

Dave, I have no clue it was in the dudes shop. Looked to be mid 90s vintage but I wasn't that interested in tractors that aren't RED [QUOTE]
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:11am
Zach, the boat looks amazing and can not wait to see it up close. Good job with the project. Keep them coming
DHart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DHart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:17am
Nice job Zach. That is one Id love to see in person some day
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:18am
real nice. you're gonna enjoy the hell out of that. and if you weren't one of the crazy "take your shoes off and don't step on the seats" people before, welcome to the club
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 12:37am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

if you weren't one of the crazy "take your shoes off and don't step on the seats" people before, welcome to the club

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 9:46am
Lol. Adam I was quite opposed to that but now I am going to have to be the take off your shoes and dry off first Nazi ha.

Carpet is still original so I won't be super picky about that but since everything is wood I am going to work pretty hard to keep it as dry as possible which we did a great job of this summer.

Dave, If you see it in person you'll be expected to drive it and foot behind it.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 9:53am
Damn Zach, that does look sweet. Nicely done.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 9:57am
Thanks Eddie, now if I can just keep up with your Chevy ;).

Also, I am going to try and be really careful about sunblock because my family being the light skinned persuasion we usually get it all over the place during a normal boat day. Probably sling some towels over the seat backs while were riding.

Next on deck is to pull the interior all back out and remove all deck hardware/windhsield/dash pieces to wet sand the dash and then buff everything from the rubrail up.

After that there are a few little patches that need to be made in the typical 2001 problem areas (ie the front of the exhaust wells). After those are made I plan to put the super clean on the bilge and get it as pretty as possible then toss the 351 back into its home.

After the motor is back in the interior will go back in so it is actually usable.

Once that is done time permitting we will be mixing some Gel and properly tinting it to the correct Cream Brown color. There are a few places that need a little glass/gel work on the exterior. The port side Ski Nautique graphic needs replaced but I think I am going to try to save the rest because they are so nice and original.

Some exterior areas need a wet sand and some don't so after gel repairs are made those areas will be sanded the the entire thing buffed and were done!!

Gotta save up for that reproduction dash panel though.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 10:50am
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

Next on deck is to pull the interior all back out
I know whenever I fix something and it looks awesome the first thing I always do is turn right around and take it back out. what are you, high? you have no idea what kind of Amish magic he used to put that together, you might never get it back in!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 11:02am
Hahahhaa, its all just Christmas trees and there's no way I am taking the chance of effing up one of the coaming pads or arm rests while I buff the deck.

All the seats are just pinned to the hinges anyways.

I am going to look into some long large plastic bags to put it all in a safety bubble until it is re installed in a few months.
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 11:10am
Very nice Zac. I love that color combo. I kept telling myself that i was going strip the '79 and re paint it this winter.   yeah,, welll maybe not.. Keep up the good work. You are going to need a ball bat to keep the all the girls off that thing.
No tunes?

About sun block... My simple rule is that guests are not allowed to bring their own. especially spray on crap. I keep plenty on board that wont wreck the vinyl or turn the decks into a greasy death trap. Use mine, I insist.
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 11:27am
I use spray on but only the Neutrogena stuff with helioplex or whatever.The least greasy mess I have found of any kinda and best protection. It is to be sprayed on at the dock or out in the water at the sand bar.

Hopefully the ladies love it haha.

It has tunes, I have 4 Polk DXI speakers in the side shelves the early deluxe boats had like the 70s SN. They were the only speakers with good output that had small enough magnets that would fit under the shelve height without grinding into the floor. I still had to notch out the bottoms of the shelves a bit. The shelves acting as an enclosure really makes those speakers talk.

I have an older clarion 400 watt 4 channel amp pushing them and it really rocks but lacks in the bass department. Probably build some sort of sub box maybe next season as my funds will be pretty low for a few months.

I will be doing some sort of amp that incorporates high channels and a bass channel like the PAD5000.5 because I want to keep it as light and compact as possible.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 4:18pm
Zach, what are the vinyl cleaners and protectors of choice these days?
LVP Marine Z-Care vinyl cleaner works Ok however not overly impressed.
303 Protectant is good stuff, think they recently modified it slightly.

Are these still the Correct Craft approved, are there additional products on that list and what does N3 and/or Zach recommend as the "best" stuff out there now??

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 4:56pm
Lol I was just asking myself these questions CQ. We use a ton of 303 and regular old Fantastic to clean vinyl.

We just made a connection with a company called Boat Bling that are working with CC to become an approved vinyl cleaner/dressing.

She got a tad dusty on the way home. I avoided all puddles possible with the truck. Before I pull it back out I was going to completely detail and 303 coat it all so it would be ready to rock for summer but I will be doing research on the what for and approved by CC stuff so I can A) use it for myself and B) better recommend product to our new boat customers or customers in general.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 6:13pm
What was the name of the stuff demonstrated at GL that one year? Is he and the product still around? Anyone like the product?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 6:14pm
Are you thinking of RJ and Babe's?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yup, that's him and his products.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2015 at 7:21pm
I finally ran out of Exquisite which has been my go to cleaner and apparently they don't sell it on EBay anymore.   Switched to Totally Awesome, you get it at the dollar store, and it works just as well, but doesn't leave the seats feeling as nice after you wipe it off so I have to go back over everything with a sponge and some water to clean off the cleaner. Babe's seat saver for the protection afterwards, not quite as greasy as 303 which makes a difference when you're carrying foils across the sun pad.   
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 10:20am
I hate greasy stuff so I will probably do a decent amount of research before I put on any type of dressing. This new vinyl is kind of a matte coat.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2015 at 10:28am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Yup, that's him and his products.

RJ doesn't represent them anymore. Been actually a few years now..

Zach, Nice job on that little brown number !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic