NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman New Years Day Barefoot Challenge

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lake Norman New Years Day Barefoot Challenge
    Posted: December-13-2014 at 9:45am
It is that time of year again....Sure would be nice to have some CCFANS come out and participate. For those who are willing to make the trek We can assist with a place to crash at the Ponderosa. Ron Meeks has again offered his Barefoot Sanger (409) with tower / SFH as the official tow boat. If the course was not challenging enough yours truly we be the tournament - come get some!

http://www.usawaterski.org/default.asp?Display=2032
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2014 at 11:19pm
Come on guys - long range forcast looks to be good. Temps in the 50's next week keeping the water temps up a bit longer
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2014 at 11:48pm
Greg,

I am planning on coming again this year, but just to watch. I will be interested to see if you can repeat and win your top award again this year.

Donald
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 12:32am
I think my nephew Brett Berry might be there too Greg.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2014 at 8:25am
Not in the cards for us this year, Greg... One of these years though!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-30-2014 at 5:41pm
Starts at Noon.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2015 at 6:00pm
Perfect weather today, sunny and 51 (F). There was a large crowd on hand. I would guess between two and close to three hundred in attendance. There was lots of footers in the boom and long line division. The lake Wyle Carolina Ski Team sold concessions ( Hot Dogs and Drinks) and it looks like they had a great fund raiser.

Greg's 206 performed nicely and represented Correct Craft / Nautique nicely. His boat handled the boom division. Ron Meek's 409 powered Barefoot Sanger did the long line dock start duty.

It was a great event and I saw Keith and Joanne Keffer's from CCFan and Greg's Clan at the event.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2015 at 9:10pm
Today was what you could call a Chamber of Commerce Day - absolutely perfect weather for a January day in NC. We had about 20 footers and a strong audience. Tournament winner Seth Frase sported a back flyer, back to front and 3 laps.
Kristina's BF Luke took 3rd in the boom division and was a also skied in the men's long line. He did a good job making it within 75 yards of a full pass (digging a toe on his rollers) - not bad for probably his 6th time longline on his barefeet.

JBears nephew Brett came in third today in the men's division- up to Open for him next year

[/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2015 at 9:43pm
Jbear, said to me wow if it was'nt for this site we would never had met for this to happen....
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-01-2015 at 9:48pm
For a Northerner in the South,Bill sure looks cold
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 12:40am
Brett had his own cheering section I see. Nice blue skies but Bill does look a bit cold for "51" degrees. Cool pic tho. On the bucket list for one of these years.

Still up north Gary?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 1:10am
Yes we are John,sitting about a foot from the fireplace! Will be heading back toward the end of the month.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 2:58am
we'll see you then I hope!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 10:26am
Going to try some links from the local paper. Some good pics in the galleries section.

charlotte Oberver Gallery

Charlotte Oberver News Release
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-02-2015 at 10:58am

I tuned up your links a bit, Greg. Once again, I missed a good time.

Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Going to try some links from the local paper. Some good pics in the galleries section.

charlotte Oberver Gallery

Charlotte Oberver News Release
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2015 at 4:32pm
Some pic's from the gallery

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 2:10am
     It was a picture perfect day for a New Years barefoot tournament and I was actually overdressed and quite warm....but I HATE cold!! Very good five person pyramid with flanker flags by the Carolina Show Ski Team to start off and a very fun/well run tournament!! Great crowd with lots of enthusiasm and support for the 'footers. It was especially nice for me to hook up with Greg and meet his very cute personal backdeep driver [daughter] and her boyfriend. Missed Donald...although I'm not sure I would have recognized him from the one St John's trip where I met him. All in all it was a fun day as it always is around CC's, CCF's, and barefooters!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 10:20am
Hey!....we know who the third guy down is!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 11:27am
Danny?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 1:41pm
I think he may have thought it was BF Eddie, as did I until I read the caption in the original article.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2015 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

I think he may have thought it was BF Eddie, as did I until I read the caption in the original article.

Guess its Eddies twin brother cause that's exactly who I thought it was.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic