NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1969 Correct Craft Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 2:14pm
WOW!! I have the same "YH" carb adapter on my bad 6 as your V12!
(just not quite as many of them)

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 2:17pm
btw, are the vertical tubes the exhaust/ you gonna run dry?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Nautilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 2:26pm
Yes. No need for water-jacketed exhausts. The engine will be completely exposed.
Striving for mediocrity !
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 2:34pm
Jan,
Was the Shepard originally a V drive? I know they loved to use them.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 2:39pm
Yes, I'd say that boat will work for your "purpose" quite nicely!

Don't some of the diesel inboards use 2:1 transmissions? I'd almost think that would be the ticket for the low rpm and torque of that engine. Very cool, I can't wait to hear it run.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 2:55pm
Your logic is backwards on the transmission... A low revving engine that wants to run higher speeds would benefit from a lower reduction or even an overdrive (<1:1) tranny. That would get prop speed higher (and allow use of a shorter prop).

High torque, low rev diesels usually go in larger/heavier/slower boats and the larger reduction further allows them to turn large props at low speeds.

I think JohnB has a good theory on the power of attraction that old, loud boats have.
Nautilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 3:23pm
For now, I'll proceed with Michigan Wheel's recommendation. If I don't like the results, I can always change the transmission and/or prop.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Nautilus Nautilus wrote:

Frankly, I'll take whatever speed I can get. I'm just building it to pick up hot senior chicks with big boobs. Think it'll work?

Heavy metal and a Woody to get chicks, yea that should work!! You may want to keep the Ruffies as Plan "B" just in case!!

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 4:49pm
Thanks for the explanation Tim. I looked at a Peninsular 6.5 ad and talked to the seller last winter, had a 2:1 mated to it, but as you pointed out must have been thinking backwards about it.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 7:42pm
if you are hoping to grab senior women you might need to put saggy between big and boobs
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Nautilus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautilus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 7:45pm

At my age, you learn to accept gravity.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2014 at 8:10pm
It's the size of the 401K that really counts . . .
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2014 at 6:17pm
Jan,
You must have missed my question. From the picture you posted, the Shepard looks like a DD but as mentioned, they did love the VD's.
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Jan,

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2014 at 7:29pm

Jan,
You must have missed my question. From the picture you posted, the Shepard looks like a DD but as mentioned, they did love the VD's.

Jan,

Jan,
Still missed the question?

Don't forget we'd love to see more pictures of both the Shepard and Dee Wite.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2014 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

hello nautilus.i hope my 69 barracuda ss turns out as nice as yours when it is done.keep up you work.original or not wee need to keep them still on the water.dan in ohio
Nice Barracuda! you have a lot of work to do Dan before your's looks like that? when dad and I are done with the 81 I'll have to start helping you with the 69 SS
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic