NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

We don't need no stink'n wetsuit!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We don't need no stink'n wetsuit!
    Posted: November-21-2014 at 11:45am
I don't know if this has been posted, but this cat can flat out foot. I wish this guy was on our Burning Soles team.
And the chase boats are nice also.

This wetsuit is too binding
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2014 at 11:49am
And I think this is 31 years old.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2014 at 11:51am
Courtesy of jbear's home collection right there.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2014 at 11:58am
what had been seen, cannot be unseen
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2014 at 1:46pm
Impressive!

I hope you guys gave him a good tip.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2014 at 9:30pm
What a stud! He does toe holds just to take a rest!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2014 at 12:20am
Randy Filter on Norris Lake with the West Shore Water Ski Club. Not sure of the exact year. Brian Koch driving & my brother Bill filming with our first video set-up. One of those big ole cameras that rested on your shoulder and had a bag that went over your shoulder. I was driving the chase boat...most important thing we had to do was pick-up Randy's wet suit. Not likely that he was gonna fall. Awesome to watch..especially in that era.

Funny fact. Randy was there to give lessions. Paid to go skiing with him every morning. I tried & tried to learn backerds. No luck..even tho I was much younger and stronger than now of course. Had to wait till I ran into Eddie so he could teach me...for free!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2014 at 2:18am
Wow.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2014 at 9:59am
Double Wow!
Js
NautiqueNut View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2014 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Randy Filter on Norris Lake with the West Shore Water Ski Club. Not sure of the exact year. Brian Koch driving & my brother Bill filming with our first video set-up. One of those big ole cameras that rested on your shoulder and had a bag that went over your shoulder. I was driving the chase boat...most important thing we had to do was pick-up Randy's wet suit. Not likely that he was gonna fall. Awesome to watch..especially in that era.

Funny fact. Randy was there to give lessions. Paid to go skiing with him every morning. I tried & tried to learn backerds. No luck..even tho I was much younger and stronger than now of course. Had to wait till I ran into Eddie so he could teach me...for free!

john
It was not to late for my 78
!978 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2014 at 12:20pm
That video has surfaced once before Steve. And what impressed me (on top of the long run, the ability, and taking off the suit) was that its all one shot. All of today's hot shot freestyle videos are a million clips (highlights) edited together. This is one long run, no outtakes, no second tries.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2014 at 1:06pm
Triple Wow and more! I have a friend here who what's to reply to jBear. Here is a little Correct Craft folklore for you. Once upon a time I met an old dude named Brian Koch. We both worked part time at Sear's it was 1971. He had an old Dorset with a 150hp Mercury outboard. Waterskiing was brought up and we went out that summer. Without any expert help from Big Bill/jBear we proceeded to beat our brains out trying to barefoot that summer like Big Chuck and Little John from TV 8 Cleveland. Then we showed up at the Cleveland Boat Show. Big Bill And jBear were manning the WSWSC West Shore Water Ski Club booth. It was January of 1972. That spring after a few meetings we joined the club. I will never forget the day Brian and I drove 2 hrs.to Sandusky bay that late spring early summer weekend. The Sun was high in the ski as we approached the club cottage and dock. Suddenly while standing at the dock a dark green 18' Ski Nautique pulled up with Big Bill at the wheel. Instinctively I was blown away by the this moment. The raw power and rumbling 3" dual exhaust were just the beginning. We were asked aboard and taken on a barefoot demonstration by big Bill, Brian Koch and I were SOLD!!!!!Thank you jBear and Big Bill for all the wonderful good times and beautiful memories of barefooting and Correct Craft ownership. Thanks to the Correct Craft Fan. website, I found two great men pioneer's of the sport we so loved. God bless you both for touching the lives of so many in the unigue way that you have, and for giving of yourselves in the way that you have. :)]Respectfully, Bill Darroch
!978 Ski Nautique
AirTique98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-22-2014 at 1:12pm

Larry is right on....one long run down the middle of the lake. He did take a couple 3-5 minute warmup runs which were also filmed and are on You Tube [Randy Filter Boom Runs]. All the hand signals towards the end of the long run were so he could drop off by a boat full of females he had spotted. The "cool chase boat" was my old '81 which became John's '81. Still have the original VHS tape I shot along with many more that became my first retirement project...convert to DVD. I have to give credit to our young friend Eric Bobek for adding the music and putting it up on YouTube for me last year so we could all enjoy this.

Thanks to Tull for re-posting; brings back some great memories for me this dreary Saturday morning as I return home from hip replacement surgery 11 days ago!!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 2:06am
Awesome awesome awesome and badass too! Shared.
Sideslide - toe front - sick straight legged footin everything I've seen from Randy Filter reeks of coolness.
This is the life
baitkiller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baitkiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 10:56am
wow!I cant even imagine,
Jesus was a bare-footer.............
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 12:29pm
great story from Bill Darroch,although I doubt anyone reading this on here is surprised to hear the Berry brothers did something awesome.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 2:15pm
Certainly makes it look effortless, doesn't he. Pretty impressive even today, but think about it, its over 30 years ago.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2014 at 4:04pm
a true 'blast from the past'....Bill Darroch.

thru the West Shore Water Ski Club..Correct Craft Boats & of couse..CorrectCraftFan.com-Bill & have have meet so many friends..shared so many experiances & learned so much....

and right you are Larry....we were totally blown away seeing this in person.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 3:20am
Don Mixon Jr. Told me Randy was the 1978 national champion
This is the life
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

john
!978 Ski Nautique
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NautiqueNut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 3:26pm
Bill, said that he had never seen a nicer barefoot run in his life after viewing Randy Filter's video. One long run and so well filmed by Bill B.! Norris has the water that is always like glass. But most of all that his old friends were responsible for bringing this to the World.
Not surprised that Bill B. was the videographer. With his long time barefoot partner Brian Koch at the wheel, and jBear running chase, Wow he was blown away. He said that it was an honor to have known and enjoyed the sport, and friendship with all of you. With some hope that Bill and I, will see you at one of the C.C.Fan Reunion's
!978 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

Awesome awesome awesome and badass too! Shared.
Sideslide - toe front - sick straight legged footin everything I've seen from Randy Filter reeks of coolness.

What about the crazy splits, with, and without a wetsuit!
And the one-foot backs where he's kissing the water.

The coolest barefoot vid I can remember. (and by cool, I mean Steve McQueen cool)
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 5:16pm
Another Randy Filter video. W2W bombout & back flip flyer

1978 US Nationals - Waco, TX
Overall
1: Randy Filter
2: William Farrell (LakeBoy & GlassSeeker's footin' buddy)
3: Andy Hansen

1979 US Nationals - Tyler, TX
1: Mike Seipel
2: Rob Bemman (currently builds jumps, booms & releases)
3: John Gillette (NC resident, NCH20SKIER's acquaintance)

Me in Bill Berry's Randy Filter signature model Skiwarm barefoot suit. I found this blue size small on eBay last year. Zach is probably the only one on this site that could ski in it. It will hang in the closet waiting for PLBC's kids to wear next.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-24-2014 at 7:48pm

Me in Bill Berry's Randy Filter signature model Skiwarm barefoot suit. I found this blue size small on eBay last year. Zach is probably the only one on this site that could ski in it. It will hang in the closet waiting for PLBC's kids to wear next.
[/QUOTE]

About time for the pic'....I was about ready to issue a recall on it!! Great suit back in the day and even after 30 years and LOTS of use was still pretty much like new when I passed it along to Hollywood. We used to say that "the tricks were in the suit" but mine must have been the cheaper model as I never seemed to locate most of the ones in Randy's!
Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-25-2014 at 4:00pm
Impressive stuff for sure!!

My first BF Suit was a 80's vintage SkiWarm that lasted beyond 20 seasons, great suit and memories!!

HW, who is the middle guy, his son Jarad??
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 12:15am
who Is the little kid in the middle? can he foot as fast as you to big guys?

have a suit that is the opposite of HW's in my closet. wish I had a pic of Bill & I using the 2 suits for a double run but not sure one exists..we did look good back in the day..even if we couldn't do much. all the 'tricks are still in the suit' in my case.

aside to Bill D.....thanx so much for your kind words! we have met so many people thru this sport. hope to catch you at a C/CFan Reunion.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 3:13am
Guy on the right is affectionally known as The Godfather around the ski club and that's his son in the middle, who we call the King of Pop. Best trick skier I've seen with my own eyes. He foots with the best of them and even jumps too.
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 1:54pm
I wish I could have been there with you guys filming Randy that day, not sure if the family was there than? I was 18 back than, I'm sure I could have learned a few thing from him! My first barefoot suit I got from Bill B and used it for about 20 years before I got a new one, Thanks Bill, I'm sure you left some barefoot magic with it! Had to get a new one my nephew David finally blew it out.
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!
northcoastidol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northcoastidol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 2:01pm
If Bill's was a brown n tan ski warm with long sleeves, I wore that one out?
Always be ready for a run, the water does not wait for you!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AirTique98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2014 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by northcoastidol northcoastidol wrote:

If Bill's was a brown n tan ski warm with long sleeves, I wore that one out?

That was the suit I had prior to the one Hollywood now has...was a Ski Warm but not a Filter suit. Not sure if you guys were around or not when the Filter video was shot...he actually came to Tennessee a couple years and that may have been right about the time your family started to take a "break" from the Club.

Bill
98Air Nautique

Former Owner:
1990 Ski Nautique
1981 Ski Nautique
1976 Ski Nautique
1971 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic