NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'98 Sport Video

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '98 Sport Video
    Posted: November-09-2014 at 9:29pm
Some time ago we had a discussion, I think in one of the prop selection threads, about speed and how much of the hull was in the water, I think Mark (lewy2001) and I were comparing our '98 Sports.

I had some fun on the water on a chilly November day with a few raindrops beginning to fall. I put a video camera on a dock and made a few passes for anyone that might be interested. They aren't dropping the level in our lake until late November so for the first time ever I have the boat in the water in November, kind of neat.

Sorry about the long video, I don't know how to edit and chop it up to show just the boat passes. Here's the interesting time spots:

32 mph pass 2:46
32 mph pass 3:38
WOT pass 4:30
WOT pass 5:14
Holeshot from stern 7:08
Holeshot from right 8:10
Holeshot from left 9:08

WOT was a bit over 45 mph at 5,200 rpm.

Sport Nautique Video
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 10:37pm
David that video needs some editing. Almost gave up waiting for the drive past

Hard to tell exactly where the water is breaking a little to far and angling away. But it is running very flat like my Sport.

This is the original thread Sport Props

I must get some video of my boat running at WOT. Is that 45mph GPS or speedo ??
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2014 at 11:49pm
I know, let me know if there is an online editing program I can use. I tried Windows Movie Maker and it lets you cut off video from each end but I couldn't find a way to trim sections in the middle. That's why I put the pertinent times down!

Speed is on the perfect pass gps speedo. It was something like 45.3 and rpm were a bit higher than earlier in the summer, think I hit 5240 rpm. Definitely will be finding a 422 at some point, I should have mentioned this was with the 1442. If I had a person to pan the video I could have zoomed in more, had to leave it wide to get some field of view.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic