NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swim Platform

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swim Platform
    Posted: October-19-2014 at 12:30am
I think the platform om my 1987 SN 2001 has been modified. Can someone give me the measurements of one for me to compare?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 9:00am
Lee,
Pictures would be great. We may be able to tell from them.

Have you utilized the reference and diary sections for ideas on the platform?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 9:25am
I can tell by looking it has been modified. I just want measurements to see how much. I will get some measurements and pictures of mine when it becomes daylight.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 12:00pm
Does it have drywall screws in it?     
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
SWANY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SWANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 4:35pm
Just pulled mine off for cleaning and oil. It's an 87'
Width at transom is 55-3/8"
Width at tapered end about 49"
Length at center transom curve to outside 20-3/8"
Length at outside is about 22"
Obviously an odd object to give measurements on but hope it gives you an idea
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 8:17pm

If you look at the trailing edge you can tell where it was cut off and put back together. Mine is 16.5" in the middle front to back and the edges are 20" long.
mark c View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mark c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 9:19pm
Yep, you're missing one full width 2" board and the small sets of spacers on either side of it.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 10:33pm
I guess either the one person at a time rule was broken, or it didn't fit in the garage
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 10:39pm
Some of the underneath boards do not go to the end where the surgery was done. I guess this winter I will repair or replace.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 2:36pm
if you replace, save the parts as a donor for someone else. matching teak is really hard to come by, and is big $$
leetudor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leetudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 11:47pm
I am going to take the platform off this winter and see what is going on with it and then make a decision.
littleskierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleskierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2014 at 10:46pm
Pauly Banana picked up a platform from a friend of ours last winter, he was told it was for his '83 but we went to put it on last spring and nothing matched up. If you do end up trying to find a new one make sure its the right one and not something weird.
My escape is to just get in a boat and disappear on the water.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-22-2014 at 1:46am
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Does it have drywall screws in it?     

man am I glad you are back on here with us!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic