Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sport Trailer???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sport Trailer???
    Posted: October-16-2014 at 1:26pm
I have been looking for a trailer for a while now and I came a cross the one in the link below. I spoke with the owner last night. He does not know the year of the trailer - it came from Texas with a Sport Nautique he bought. He does not need the trailer so he is selling it.

If it is legit I plan on buying it then modifying the bunks for my boat. I have not seen a trailer like this for a Nautique, is anyone familiar with the model of trailer? I am wondering if it was for a different brand boat.

Trailer
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 1:41pm
Nope, I have seen that exact trailer under a couple of different Sport Nautiques, all in TX. I think that is a popular trailer in the western US.

Here are some examples, o fcourse these are both tandems:

(BTW - even though it looks like it, these are not the same boats, one is a black 99 and the other is a green 98...)

skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 1:45pm
The Sport Nautique Trailer in Orlando:

td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 1:52pm
Thanks for the info and fixing the link.    I would prefer a tandem but they are hard to come by.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 2:03pm
Maybe an illusion but it sure looks like the axle is back a ways like you would see for a V-Drive boat.
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 3:14pm
The Magnum Trailers are made in Austin so that's why you seem them in Texas pretty often.

Mater of fact my Pro Air has a tandem Magnum under it. 12 years old and still solid.

td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 12:28pm
As always thanks for the input. Unfortunately the trailer sold. Probably for the best as a tandem axle is really what I should be using.

If anyone hears of a tandem axle trailer for a 21' inboard for sale please let me know.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic