NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Skylark in NH

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Skylark in NH
    Posted: October-16-2014 at 12:29am
Hello, Not sure if im posting in the right section but I have a lime green 60's Skylark sitting on stock trailer that I need to get rid of. Its all apart, stringers are cut out and interior is gone. Not sure if its worth fixing, I think its to far gone. Super Sabre V6 was rebuilt about ten years ago, used for a year then stringers went,engine and trans have been sitting under cover about six years. just seeing if anyones interested before it goes to the dump. You will need a ramp truck to get it. I cant get pictures. Message me for more info if your interested and local to NH or ME. Thanks
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 1:24am
I am interested. PM sent.
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 9:25am
Replied..
flatwaterfooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatwaterfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-16-2014 at 12:09pm
Do you have any pictures or the history of the boat. Used to own one with that description. 1966 by any chance.
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2014 at 10:29pm
Its been in the family my whole life (37yrs). Think my grandfather purchased it after it sank in the early 70's on milton three ponds, went thru it and had lots of great years with it always in milton. The sound of the v6 was my favorite part, sounds like a plane!
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 7:14pm
Boat went to a good home today! Nice meeting you Bruce and Dave...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by steve600 steve600 wrote:

Boat went to a good home today! Bruce and Dave.

I certainly agree!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 9:08pm
Dave and Bruce ..american boat pickers
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 9:54pm

Boat went to a good home today! Nice meeting you Bruce and Dave...

Here's my shocked face . When he posted that he was interested, I almost PM'd you to tell you he was going to take it haha. Those Hart men are almost as predictable as a Benjamin. Time for a bigger garage Bruce...

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2014 at 10:52pm
Most likely half finished already too. But you know what they say, no pictures-- didn't happen
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 12:38am
Curious to hear if it gets put together, or just parted out and the Super Sabre goes into another project. Go Team Buick!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 8:57am
Steve, it was good meeting you. We got home with no problems. Those old tires and bearings held up fine.

The boat is in storage for now. Everything is pretty much there, although it needs a complete overhaul. Stringers, floor and wet sand. The hull is in decent shape as far as scars go, but there is a lot of cracking below the water line and on the deck. It's SL137, so a pretty early one. I'm guessing 64 or 65?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 9:18am
Glad you could save it Bruce. Same color as your Mustang?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 9:50am
Yes, Seafoam Green. The trailer has 5 lug, 8" wheel with huge tires. I'd never seen that combination on a correct craft trailer before. They'd been sitting flat for years, but pumped up nice and made the 50 mile trip home with no problems.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:04am
She's in good hands for sure! She be back in her prime again one day for sure.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:32am
Good to see a boat with the steering wheel on the "Correct" side!

The trailer looks original, but looks like someone put a lot of effort into modifying the bow stop and adding a winch. And is the doghouse seafoam or white?
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:45am
Trailer is orig. The bow stop was modified cause we have a shallow boat ramp and floating on was not an option. I believe the boat is a 64. Glad you made it Bruce! If the tires aren't orig. their damn close, that's amazing
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:45am
Glad to see you guys picked it up..... Don't forget about me on "extra" OE log style exhaust manifolds... I need to find some spares.. I still haven't heard back from the guy that contacted me thru The Old Marine Engine website about a Skylark and a Super Sabre motor. I wonder if this was the same guy
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:50am
Steve, do you have another boat? Think you'll ever take the plunge on another classic Correct Craft?
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 11:29am
Yeah I have an 84 Nautique. Its in the diaries in the Maine section. I would love another classic but I know nothing about stringers or fiberglass. I can fix anything with metal and mechanical but turn into a pumpkin around woodwork. My brother was going to do this boat but he's getting back surgery and didn't think he'd ever get to it.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 12:30pm
Glad it went to a fellow CCFan. Those Hart boys will do an excellent job with the Skylark! Congrats guys!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 1:18pm

Yeah I have an 84 Nautique.

I see it, nice looking boat!
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 9:55pm
Hey thanks!
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:15pm
By the way, I saw your comment about top speed staying close to the same with the engine mods you did. You might want to start a thread on that (or if you already did let me know, I probably missed it) and I bet you'd get some great advice on what to look for to wake it up a bit. I wonder if you need a cam change to take advantage of the intake and heads you put on it.
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 10:35pm
I've got it dialed in now. Thought I had an ignition prob and chased it for a year and a half, turns out it was the carb. I bought it remaufactured from National carbs when I did the engine. After getting so frustrated with the ignition knowing everything was spot on, I pulled the carb tore it all apart and found a crack in the base plate. I was so mad at all the time I wasted looking at everything else. Took the base off the orig carb rebuilt the new one, slapped it on and walla...the boat does 48.6 on GPS at 4500rpm with the stock prop
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2014 at 11:07pm
Nice! I'm a bit surprised you aren't seeing higher max rpm, figure stock prop with more power would equal more revs.

I'd like to get over for a ride or a ski sometime, I work only about 45 minutes away.
steve600 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-21-2014 at 12:03pm
Yeah I think the tach is off. Should be around all next summer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic