NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summer Recap

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Summer Recap
    Posted: October-08-2014 at 3:17pm
Amazingly enough, another summer has passed us by already. I was very busy this year and didn't get to hang around the forums as much as I should have or would like to.

I am taking this thread to recap some of the cool happenings and skiing that happened this year.

I bought more boats, traveled to the Benjamins, sold some boats, drove some boats, and over all (despite being packed full of weddings) had an awesome summer. Racked up about 85 hours on the new rig, some of which were my brother enjoying the boat at his leisure while I was traveling.

I said goodbye to an old friend but it ended up finding it's way into the deserving hands of my younger cousin. That boat taught him to drive, barefoot, and drink beer.

Below is the photographic evidence. Please take some time to do the same about your summer.

First float on the new rig

Said goodbye to our friend of 14 years

Properly breaking in the new rig on our home waters

The replacement

Last time it was hooked up

Looks better behind his truck anyways

New friends meet for the first time
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 3:34pm
Ate some crap

Loaded up for the trip to Benjamin's

Barefooted behind a Magnum Skier

Drug home another

Barefooting buddy got married

Drove the wedding party to the reception in a boat and barefooted right before the wedding.
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 4:08pm
That's awesome footing before the wedding. We were married on Lake Lure, NC and a Ski Nautique was our get away vehicle. Guess not too often does a Ski Nautique see tuxes and wedding gowns.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 4:11pm
Haha for sure!! Too bad this was of the Malibu persuasion.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by phatsat67 phatsat67 wrote:

First float on the new rig

How many phone books are you sitting on??
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 4:56pm
7 of the real big ones nobody picks up off of their front porch.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 5:41pm
I love the cup holder stuck to the bottom of the champaign bottle...
Good times hahaha
Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 9:17pm
i love the thread   really sorry about losing your dog friend
former skylark owner now a formula but I cant let this place go
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 10:08pm
Not too many men make a 2001 look big. Fun summer Zach! Nice thread, I will try to contribute.
Frankenotter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankenotter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Not too many men make a 2001 look big. Fun summer Zach! Nice thread, I will try to contribute.

I thought that was a San Juan. Huh
1999 Ski Nautique 196
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2014 at 11:12pm
looked like a lot of fun...some comments/questions....

looked like you travel with a rough crowd..Adam Deen & the teen idol? No adult supervision on that trip?

was not to happy about the magnum skier comment..until I saw the crew.

very sorry about your dog..Jo the TN Wonder Dog has had a very slow 13th summer...but sure like the looks of the new guy.

love the color scheme of the new ride.

how many phone books?

I liked the trick of posting some of the pictures sideways...had to lay my head on the desk in front of the screen to see them properly..and no Adam..F12 did not work.

the cool tux...off the kid's rack?

looks like fun times...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 1:08am
yea yea yea more pics of the magnum skier observer
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 6:04am
My contribution...

Started off with the cleanup of our club house and pulling the docks to our ski location:

Had some sandbar moments and Chantal enjoying the back seat:

Practised new tricks for our ski shows (with the boat constantly surprising me of her capabilities and strenght):

- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 9:56am
What happening with the Mustang Zach?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 10:15am
Moj' those cup holders weren't cut right at the factory in the bu so they never sit in there properly. I had never drank champagne on a ski boat but I will mark that one down in the books now. A great wedding with a killer reception. Driving the boat across unfamiliar water at 2 am in a wind storm was a little, well, wet haha.

Thanks Peter, she got to enjoy quite a few lake trips which was unexpected.

HW, I pride myself in my ability to make boats look bigger than they are (helps me sell a ton more boats here at N3 haha). But seriously, that had the stock broken deluxe seat in it so it was down pretty far. Have since installed an 05 drivers seat and it will be re covered properly when the interior gets finished in this off season.

Chris, too bad it isn't a fly bridge with twins.

J bear, no adult supervision required haha. The Magnum decoration would be Sarah, Drew's lady friend. She is easy on the eyes and always has a funny comment for every situation. The sideways picture isn't a trick, when you look at the pictures in my computer album they are straight up. When you try to rotate them they turn every which way but up. The tux was a custom fit with some slim fit features and I must say looked very dashing on me .

Kris, the club house looks like a blast not to mention those impressive pyramids.

Gary, mustang is in Limbo until I find a cool power train to drop in it. I have an extra Ford bell housing now so that may be an idea.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 10:22am
Dad's and mine enjoying some tunes at the sand bar

That beautiful Mustang of the Hart's at Tim's (thanks for letting me be the captain for a while!)

Another at Tim's

Dave G's SW met her ultimate demise under my care

A wedding shot because the brides maids weren't too terrible looking

Barefoot suit double trick run with Drew

Magnum doing its thang

Front shot of the family house.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 10:50am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

was not to happy about the magnum skier comment..until I saw the crew.

yeah, it would be sacrilege for a CCFan member to ski behind a non-CC. John, you gonna tell us about your summer?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 11:53am
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

yeah, it would be sacrilege for a CCFan member to ski behind a non-CC. John, you gonna tell us about your summer?

Hey Bee-otch...Remind all of us what boat you were behind when you hit your first two consecutive LL deepwater starts this year.

FYI, John's summer was awesome. Pics coming after the right photo op presents itself and you northerners are pleading for reading fodder after all of the winterizing posts are done.

John and I have to first get through a tropical cruise this weekend to the Bahamas with our lovely wives. Oh, the shame of it all.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 12:14pm
Eddie, you and J bear got it all figured out.
AAM196 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AAM196 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 12:21pm
New Eagle suit just arrived so please hold your summer recaps till the end... LOL I hate this time of year.. the wife always has to say after every outing, well this might be the last time

Looks like you had an awesome summer... from your post I took away the following:

- your Dad's boat always has a better girl to guy ratio

- you went to an opthamologist and found your rig didn't match so you got another 2001?

- you have nice taste in outdoor furniture (please tell me that isn't anti-freeze sitting on porch getting ready to winterize!!!!)

So tell us about the new boat ... or did I just miss that thread?
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 12:21pm
I'm winterizing...throws drysuit in boat...done
This is the life
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 12:36pm
Haha, my boat always had the much better girl to guy ratio in college. But now days as always my boat is the one the water sports get done on and the beer gets drank on so all the men folk in the family tend to hang there.

I think that picture was taken of the house at the end of the 13 season thus the antifreeze and the stylish morning coffee chair on the front porch.

The cabin is already closed up for the season this year.

I found this 2001 by accident about 5 miles from my parents house. It was a diamond in the rough and extremely well preserved and at a price I couldn't pass up. Add in some rare early production 85 stuff and that cool 1985 color scheme and I was smitten.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 12:37pm
I like the Lay-Z-Boy on the porch. Must be an Indiana thing.

That's nice the groom picked a tuxedo model that had matching JR sizes. Boys 16?

More of the babes in Dad's boat!
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 12:41pm
HW, that's my mom and aunt.....

The tuxedos had break away pants so we could rip them off and foot away from the reception.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Hey Bee-otch...Remind all of us what boat you were behind when you hit your first two consecutive LL deepwater starts this year.

Hard to say, it was all de-badged, no graphics on it anywhere, the owner must be pretty ashamed of it to try to mask its identity.   
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

Hard to say, it was all de-badged, no graphics on it anywhere, the owner must be pretty ashamed of it to try to mask its identity.   

Didn't anyone ever tell you that you can't judge a book by it's cover? It's what's inside that counts, like good Bourbon. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Loud, fast and clean. No shame at all my friend.

Zach,
Awesome pics. Excellent story. The Skier looks really cool.

Kristof,
You are one lucky dude (referring to Chantel of course). Looks like an awesome summer for you too. Great pics.

When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 1:23pm

HW, that's my mom and aunt.....

So She is your Mom and your Aunt...must be another Indiana thing

Hoosier Mammy
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 1:27pm

HW, that's my mom and aunt...

Like that really matters where HW is concerned? .....C'mon Man!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 1:43pm

Zach Driving with 7 phone books

Zach Driving without phone books

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2014 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Zach Driving with 7 phone books

Zach Driving without phone books

ROFLMFAO

Holy s**t CQ, I think it just peed a little in my shorts.

Eddie
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic